watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Memory of happier times - Berbatov playing against Arsenal

Started by copthornemike, February 25, 2015, 07:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

Looks like a certain Mr Berbatov is playing at the Emirates tonight vs Arsenal.

Happy memories of that 3-3 thriller we had a few seasons ago at the Emirates when he did give a fig!!!

Wonder if he will score again tonight.

PaulJ123

cmg

Most gifted player I saw in our colours since George Best.

That's just my opinion. But I think it's a fact that he was the player that most divided opinions.

Some 50%(-ish) of our support hated him and many identify him as the starting point of our decline. Me? I think his t-shirt slogan was spot-on.

SP

callumc513

Quote from: cmg on February 25, 2015, 07:57:39 PM

That's just my opinion. But I think it's a fact that he was the player that most divided opinions.

Some 50%(-ish) of our support hated him and many identify him as the starting point of our decline. Me? I think his t-shirt slogan was spot-on.

Oh, absolutely.

People wanted him gone, and it's partly contributed to where we are now.

hovewhite

I

cmg spot on 100%

the nutflush

Jol put all his eggs in the Berbatov basket and it was the main reason why we are playing in the second tier.  Berbatov whilst very talented didn't give a rats ass about Fulham, his young team mates or the fans.  Yes he has a lovely touch and he played a great game vs Arseanl. But  Jol's love for Berbatov and building a team around him was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever seen at Fulham....Bigger than Felix Magath.

FFC1987

Quote from: the nutflush on February 26, 2015, 12:06:37 PM
Jol put all his eggs in the Berbatov basket and it was the main reason why we are playing in the second tier.  Berbatov whilst very talented didn't give a rats ass about Fulham, his young team mates or the fans.  Yes he has a lovely touch and he played a great game vs Arseanl. But  Jol's love for Berbatov and building a team around him was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever seen at Fulham....Bigger than Felix Magath.

Deary me.

Logicalman

Notwithstanding that Berba definitely is/was a very skillful player and I agree with most of what you have said, but his T-Shirt perfectly framed the issue, inasmuch that we built a team around a single player, and that has always been a massive mistake. Liverpool and Suarez is another perfect example, it took them almost 1/2 season to recover his loss, for us, we didn't have the money or squad depth (or manager) to recover.

Teams like Arsenal, Chelsea, Citeh etc do not build around a single player, they are able to swap players in and out in almost any position, and that shows in their gameplay. Berba - a skilful player, but I'm not sure he gave or did us the best in the long run.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

callumc513

Really...?

cmg

But I think it's a fact that he was the player that most divided opinions.

Glad to see I got that one right, at least!

the nutflush

Quote from: callumc513 on February 26, 2015, 12:59:21 PM

Really...?

Yes really.  Jol made Berbatov the integral part of our team.  He strolled around and yelled at his team mates and generally looked disinterested.  The he took off early because he didn't have the heart for a relegation fight.  But we all laud his wonderful touch....please. 

FFC1987

Quote from: the nutflush on February 27, 2015, 08:59:10 PM
Quote from: callumc513 on February 26, 2015, 12:59:21 PM

Really...?

Yes really.  Jol made Berbatov the integral part of our team.  He strolled around and yelled at his team mates and generally looked disinterested.  The he took off early because he didn't have the heart for a relegation fight.  But we all laud his wonderful touch....please. 

'Jol made Berbatov the integral part of the team' The only thing he did right then. I guess we should have just had someone who had no technical ability and could put a boot in right. We all laud a big hitter and hard worker now...

Harold Shand

The whole point was ...we didn't build a team around Berbatov.

Even if we had just kept Dembele, instead we left Berbatov with a load of ******s