watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brian Ruiz

Started by Gezza, March 01, 2015, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gezza

Extract  from Sunday Times report today.

"Almost from the start Fulham's form belied their recent struggles. The lack of the injured Colombian striker Hugo Rodallega quickly became irrelevant. They had the outstanding player on the pitch in the Costa Rican star Bryan Ruiz and can thank their lucky stars that their recent bewildering attempt to loan him to Levante fell through.
Technically supreme, strong on the ball and consistently intelligent, Ruiz was able to instil confidence and enterprise in those around him. Behind him in midfield, Scott Parker was his usual elegant, precise self. "

Always interesting to have an outside view.

Mince n Tatties

Must be true if the "Times"says so.
The rich mans Current Bun..

Baszab

written by Brian Glanville - the most learned and respected  football writer in the world - but even his opinion counts for nothing amongst our experts

MJG

Not  a fan of him but put in a good shift without actually really producing anything.
Thought last twenty minutes he was back to playing the way I don't like him.
But all in all if if did that for majority of games nit many could moan.

But there was no way he was MOTM

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Baszab on March 01, 2015, 02:33:44 PM
written by Brian Glanville - the most learned and respected  football writer in the world - but even his opinion counts for nothing amongst our experts

Your correct about Brian.
But he got this one wrong im afraid...And It wouldnt surprise me
if he werent at the game..

Lighthouse

Clearly a reporter who has not seen us play this season. Should read Ruiz badly wanted to leave and still does want to leave Fulham. Scott Parker had a rare game where he was able to find space and close down the opposition. Ruiz gave the ball away by making stupid decisions in the last 30 odd minutes. But up until then was very good.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 01, 2015, 02:35:41 PM
written by Brian Glanville - the most learned and respected  football writer in the world - but even his opinion counts for nothing amongst our experts

He was at the game, saw him outside Hammersmith end while he was talking to David Lloyd.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MJG on March 01, 2015, 02:34:13 PM
Not  a fan of him but put in a good shift without actually really producing anything.
Thought last twenty minutes he was back to playing the way I don't like him.
But all in all if if did that for majority of games nit many could moan.

But there was no way he was MOTM

Firstly Ruiz helped create the first goal by positively cutting inside and taking a shot that rebounded to Bodurov who took his goal very well.

The last twenty minutes the team as a whole allowed themselves to play too deep. That played us into trouble unlike when we pressed higher up the field. It didn't only affect Ruiz.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on March 01, 2015, 02:40:50 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 01, 2015, 02:35:41 PM
written by Brian Glanville - the most learned and respected  football writer in the world - but even his opinion counts for nothing amongst our experts

He was at the game, saw him outside Hammersmith end while he was talking to David Lloyd.

Fair enough, but he still got it wrong.

Baszab

I think that is unfair - I would be highly surprised if BG wrote a report having not attended the game - he's a very genuine football man - read his opinions on Blatter and FIFA !!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Baszab on March 01, 2015, 02:47:39 PM
I think that is unfair - I would be highly surprised if BG wrote a report having not attended the game - he's a very genuine football man - read his opinions on Blatter and FIFA !!

I have,and im agreeing with you.
But the best dont always get it right,and I believe he got his call
on Ruiz wrong.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Baszab on March 01, 2015, 02:47:39 PM

And he made Parker worst player, so he must have fallen asleep
during game...

dannyboi-ffc

Baszab out of curiosity do you get to many games? No one on here is an 'expert' as you refer to them but I can honestly say hand on heart that anyone who watched that game and thought parker was the worst Player on the pitch doesn't have a clue about football.

He was by a million miles our best player and motm but that is of course down to opinion.  I can see why some would say ruiz or Woodrow, any of them in fact were the pick of the bunch.  It's an opinion but worst Player on the pitch is so far wide of the mark that it's actually a fact.

When you see the replay of the whole game you will realise how silly this reporter looks.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

snarks

Haven't read the full article, (not a subscriber) but thought Ruiz had his best game since Bolton (in the prem), Parker was his usual self, but better. Although it was a diamond with Scott at the base and Ruiz at the point, the additional width from Kav and Tunni made it work better.

Ruiz makes a huge difference to the team, although MOM was a flip up between Parker, Ruiz and Cauley the latter 2 more for the difference to previous appearences.

Holders

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 02, 2015, 08:55:23 AM

Baszab out of curiosity do you get to many games? No one on here is an 'expert' as you refer to them but I can honestly say hand on heart that anyone who watched that game and thought parker was the worst Player on the pitch doesn't have a clue about football.

He was by a million miles our best player and motm but that is of course down to opinion.  I can see why some would say ruiz or Woodrow, any of them in fact were the pick of the bunch.  It's an opinion but worst Player on the pitch is so far wide of the mark that it's actually a fact.

When you see the replay of the whole game you will realise how silly this reporter looks.

I couldn't be at the match but hope to see a full replay, if published. Maybe then we could have a poll ourselves? From what little I've seen on the short highlights, Parker, Ruiz and McC all look to have had important parts to play.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

colinwhite

For those people that haven't played football themselves when you have a class player like Ruiz in your side it raises everyones game and puts the wind up the opposition as well .
He keeps our passing play moving and offers flexibility . Without him we are very predictable .
For next season we must get a decent player in who has something extra .