watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is kit playing at?

Started by General, March 03, 2015, 11:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Kavanagh in CM with Fofana... As soon as I saw that there was no doubt in my mind we would lose.

And then to change our strikers instead of putting hoogeland in CM instead of one of them as the game wore on. He clearly hasn't clocked the fact that it's our midfield that is weak and lacks the strength in depth

We essentially put two youth players in against one of the top teams in the league. A far cry from lvc and Parker.

God this man really only has one plan. We just undid all the good work we did against derby because of his lack of creative leadership.

If you don't have that strength in depth then at least make an effort to make up for it. All we ever do is play 4-3-3 and we just do not have the depth for that to be consistently played.

We had not won in eight before derby. We are near the bottom of the championship. Stop glamourising losses. Losses are losses, you get no points for losing and should have figured that out by now.

What is he doing, the fact that he's talking as if we should've/could've/would've worries me hugely as it clearly shows he's not looking properly at the situation for what it is and that is NOT GOOD/RELEGATION BATTLE and simply not getting points or winning. It's what everyone associated with the club is PAID to do.

Someone needs to take a old school disciplinary approach to our coach, the powers that be and some of the players. They know how to win, they know football is about winning and they keep bloody loosing.

Sort it out.

P.s. Has anyone noticed our SHOCKING away form? Lost 12 drawn 3 won 3.

We clearly need to approach away games differently too.

Chutney

Except that we played two separate formations in this game and on the balance of play, should of won. and thats without our captain and LVC. Would you prefer him to come out after the game and berate/demoralise the players? Because that would be a ridiculous thing to do given that we play bournemouth on friday night.
C O Y W

Lighthouse

Ah yes the sweet smell of 'blame the manager' post.  Now for the blame Ruiz posts and we should be in the top two with this great squad of players posts.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

I don't know whether it may have gone unnoticed, but we are only 22 points behind 6th place.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Most of us were saying that the Derby game was our best performance for two years. That performance against Watford was not far behind it. Not only did we keep their team quiet for most of the game but their supporters as well. I think they should get promoted this season and on the form they shoed tonight will also struggle for most games in the premier league. We may be 22points off Watford but that was not how it looked tonight

WestCountryWhite

I think having to play those two shows how paper thin our squad really is. Putting Hoogland straight in would jeopardise him for the next 5 games as he's plagued with injuries.

I was impressed with our pressing again and we deserved a point. Play like that Friday and we will get something.

OdecaMynoT

Quote from: General on March 03, 2015, 11:57:21 PM

Someone needs to take a old school disciplinary approach to our coach, the powers that be and some of the players. They know how to win, they know football is about winning and they keep bloody losing.

Is Felix Magath available?
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

HV71

Very interesting........but so stupid

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 04, 2015, 08:15:21 AM
Quote from: OdecaMynoT on March 04, 2015, 08:08:33 AM
Quote from: General on March 03, 2015, 11:57:21 PM

Someone needs to take a old school disciplinary approach to our coach, the powers that be and some of the players. They know how to win, they know football is about winning and they keep bloody losing.

Is Felix Magath available?

Only for After Dinner Speaking.  

He's only available to speak after dessert, but before the cheese board arrives.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 04, 2015, 12:11:09 AM
Ah yes the sweet smell of 'blame the manager' post.  Now for the blame Ruiz posts and we should be in the top two with this great squad of players posts.

Just remember Mr L, when Jol was here you laid the blame squarely on his shoulders, every game you went on about it was totally his responsibility,so you really can't moan about others laying the blame somewhere, like you me, everyone it is about opinions.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

grandad

Without 2 of our best players we did as well as expected but at the same time a lot better than most predicted. Kit´s only real error was bringing on Rodallega before Smith. If Smith had come on at 60 mins I am confident we would have won.
Where there's a will there's a wife

millsy

Sorry, don't agree with original post. I thought Kav was continually the out-ball for Staf, who I must admit is playing much better now. In fact he is at last going forward and getting in crosses.

I also feel Kit was right to bring on fresh strikers and thought Matt Smith nearly saved the game for us. Pity it was Hugo instead of Moussa, as he wasted at least two good chances.

On the Matt Smith thing, it was so good to see him rattle oppo centre-backs, who must see as as a very soft touch week in, week out. He was strong and created more goal threat in his short cameo than we had for the rest of the game. I know their is a concern re. Hoofing long balls up to him but we are of course hoofing up to Hugo and Cauley already, with no success. More importantly, we got round the back a lot last night and Smiths presence in the box gives us an increased chance of converting. Certainly worth coming on most games and a starter for some, in my view.

hovewhite

wasn't there but it sounded like a positive performance to me.

Lighthouse

Quote from: alfie on March 04, 2015, 09:05:19 AM

Just remember Mr L, when Jol was here you laid the blame squarely on his shoulders, every game you went on about it was totally his responsibility,so you really can't moan about others laying the blame somewhere, like you me, everyone it is about opinions.

And in reply to my 'opinion' I was criticised by many for holding that opinion. I am afraid that is all I am doing now. The difference being we did have a decent side under Jol and now we haven't.

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 04, 2015, 10:02:11 AM
Quote from: alfie on March 04, 2015, 09:05:19 AM

And in reply to my 'opinion' I was criticised by many for holding that opinion. I am afraid that is all I am doing now. The difference being we did have a decent side under Jol and now we haven't.

See, you forgot the "Blame Lighthouse" post.
I blame myself for not reminding you about it.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

HV71

Dont remember this one - please tell us more ... did someone accuse him of  -  sometimes the light being off and sometimes on??

Rupert

Quote from: HV71 on March 04, 2015, 10:26:51 AM

Dont remember this one - please tell us more ... did someone accuse him of  -  sometimes the light being off and sometimes on??

Well, I maintain that the light is always on, but there's not always anyone at home.

It's the metholated spirits, see. He runs out, sometimes.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rupert on March 04, 2015, 12:04:19 PM
Quote from: HV71 on March 04, 2015, 10:26:51 AM

Well, I maintain that the light is always on, but there's not always anyone at home.

It's the metholated spirits, see. He runs out, sometimes.

Oh yeah well the jokes on you. I have a supplier who swaps some for time on my bench. I am never without. The brown bag I put the bottle in is mine. A bag for life.