watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: QPR report loss of £9.8 mil

Started by grandad, March 02, 2015, 10:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

If Fight It Tony gets these accounts through they should make him Chancellor of the Exchequer.

DJinNJ

They claimed they reduced expenditures by £22m, most of it from lower player costs. That seems reasonable to me, considering that they did sell or loan several players and the replacements were inevitably going to be making much less. However, I'm sure their revenue went down by at least that much, which is why the overall loss before the loan write off is comparable to the previous year. The loan clearly smells fishy, and at least goes against the spirit of the regulations. The owners are only permitted to inject 5m without it counting against their FFP numbers, so I don't see how they can inject 60m and get away with it by calling it a forgiven loan.

MJG

Quote from: DJinNJ on March 03, 2015, 07:58:17 PM
They claimed they reduced expenditures by £22m, most of it from lower player costs. That seems reasonable to me, considering that they did sell or loan several players and the replacements were inevitably going to be making much less. However, I'm sure their revenue went down by at least that much, which is why the overall loss before the loan write off is comparable to the previous year. The loan clearly smells fishy, and at least goes against the spirit of the regulations. The owners are only permitted to inject 5m without it counting against their FFP numbers, so I don't see how they can inject 60m and get away with it by calling it a forgiven loan.
So their expenditure in 12/13 was about 125m, which reduced by 22m still means their costs would be over £100m and no way did they make 91m income.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on March 03, 2015, 11:17:06 PM
So their expenditure in 12/13 was about 125m, which reduced by 22m still means their costs would be over £100m and no way did they make 91m income.
the parachute money was still from the last deal, and considerably lower than what we get too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on March 03, 2015, 11:20:20 PM
Quote from: MJG on March 03, 2015, 11:17:06 PM
the parachute money was still from the last deal, and considerably lower than what we get too
Was talking to someone at the game about it and until we see actual accounts and the line saying 60m and what it is against its difficult to get a proper picture.

Burt

Is it my imagination or didn't MAF write off a load of our outstanding debt to him? Can't remember the exact details...

MJG

Quote from: Burt on March 04, 2015, 08:05:46 AM
Is it my imagination or didn't MAF write off a load of our outstanding debt to him? Can't remember the exact details...
He moved the debt to shares which he then sold to Khan.
What QPR seemed to have done is had a massive  loss and then written off 60m debt.  That is technically not allowed with how the FL  FFP works,  it's on a profit and loss account relating to the season.