watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Going round in circles is better than the diamond

Started by davew, March 05, 2015, 08:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

When I heard about our latest non player appointment, my first reaction was that this is typical of FFC and the more time I have to think about it my opinion is that the Board are going round in circles, burying their heads in the sand in not being able to recognise the real causes of our current problems i.e. lack of squad quality. I suppose the next appointment will be Ray Wilkins or another director etc., sorry Fulham most of the cracks are on the pitch not off it. Why don't we try and get the gifted 1 and not spend any money on players now that would prove 1 way or another where the real problem is! Nothing personal against Curbs, I actually like the guy, but if he is so good why was he appointed and then sacked? I admire KS comments but there again what else could he say, he has tried hard, but clearly not capable of running our 1st team and he really should have listened to people on the forum on how we could have changed the formation and the players, we would not be in the position we are now and we wouldn't have needed another non playing employee on the payroll.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

as to being sacked, what experienced manager would actually want a dof in charge of them. i can fully understand why felix would want rid. if we was doing better then i doubt kit would want one either, as it stands i bet he wants all the help he can get
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

davew

We never disagree Ben, but I don't think you have addressed the point I was making!

fulhamben

Quote from: davew on March 05, 2015, 08:56:11 PM
We never disagree Ben, but I don't think you have addressed the point I was making!
i get what you are saying. but at this moment in time we cant adress squad problems. so the next best thing is the managerial team. most of us liked rene and he wanted curbs here so who knows he might just bring something to the table. and if not he would probably do as a caretaker if the something hits the fan. also i think we need to give riggs some time to see if he can improve the way we run as a whole

fulhamben

also, i think we have enough to limp home with kit and re assess over the summer. havent read statement does it clarify alans role and contract length

davew

No it doesn't, just don't see this change as making any difference whatsoever to this season and how it will help us next season as there will not be any changes to our squad in the meantime. Any new appointment(s) should be done at the end of the season not now!! More disruption just causes more uncertainty to the existing management and the players.

davew

Forgot to mention that I was a fan of Rene for the short time he was with us, not really sure what the background team offered him though, think we got relegated didn't we?

davew

As I said in another post under another topic, this season is now a total write off and I look forward to next season in the same division whoever is in charge or is playing as long as we start to look like that there is some ambition and commitment being shown, something I have not seen for a long while now!

fulhamben

Quote from: davew on March 05, 2015, 09:20:25 PM
Forgot to mention that I was a fan of Rene for the short time he was with us, not really sure what the background team offered him though, think we got relegated didn't we?
things were going in the right direction under rene though, and you could see what he was trying to do. cant believe we sacked him and i dont blame curbs or wilkins for anything to do with our relegation.

millsy

I got the impression Curbs walked, rather than got sacked, as he wasn't happy with the role being offered.

As to whether he can be of any help in our current situation, we'll have to wait and see but I think the board/Riggs were faced with 2 options:

1. Replace Kit now and risk the disruptive consequences, or
2. Give him some much needed, experienced support immediately to try to ensure a soft landing this season and then review the whole situation in light of results and performances between now and the seasons end

Personally, I think 2 is the safer option and I welcome the news.

Hopefully the 8 point gap with 11 games to play, should be enough. For gods sake, we don't even have to match the performance of the 3 immediately below us to survive and if we can't at least match them, we deserve to drop!

Can't wait for mathematical safety, so I can start looking forward to planning and building for next season's surge to the top!

fulhamben

Quote from: millsy on March 05, 2015, 09:31:09 PM
I got the impression Curbs walked, rather than got sacked, as he wasn't happy with the role being offered.

As to whether he can be of any help in our current situation, we'll have to wait and see but I think the board/Riggs were faced with 2 options:

1. Replace Kit now and risk the disruptive consequences, or
2. Give him some much needed, experienced support immediately to try to ensure a soft landing this season and then review the whole situation in light of results and performances between now and the seasons end

Personally, I think 2 is the safer option and I welcome the news.

Hopefully the 8 point gap with 11 games to play, should be enough. For gods sake, we don't even have to match the performance of the 3 immediately below us to survive and if we can't at least match them, we deserve to drop!

Can't wait for mathematical safety, so I can start looking forward to planning and building for next season's surge to the top!

does your planning involve buying good players and selling crap ones?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Why are you getting so angry over what is probably nothing or at any rate about something we don't yet know the medium term meaning.

As has been said, we've missed the transfer window so nothing dramatic to improve the squad can now take place. It wasn't a matter of either get in a player or get in Curbushley.

Curbushley is only here initially until the end of the season. Kit says he knows him. He has probably been brought in to mentor Symons. Symons is new to the pressure of first team management. He was looking pretty shell shocked during our bad run. It is probably rather lonely with all the responsibility and knowing that half the board here were calling for him to be sacked. Curbishly will give Kit someone to talk to.

JDH101

Quote from: davew on March 05, 2015, 08:15:43 PM
When I heard about our latest non player appointment, my first reaction was that this is typical of FFC and the more time I have to think about it my opinion is that the Board are going round in circles, burying their heads in the sand in not being able to recognise the real causes of our current problems i.e. lack of squad quality. I suppose the next appointment will be Ray Wilkins or another director etc., sorry Fulham most of the cracks are on the pitch not off it. Why don't we try and get the gifted 1 and not spend any money on players now that would prove 1 way or another where the real problem is! Nothing personal against Curbs, I actually like the guy, but if he is so good why was he appointed and then sacked? I admire KS comments but there again what else could he say, he has tried hard, but clearly not capable of running our 1st team and he really should have listened to people on the forum on how we could have changed the formation and the players, we would not be in the position we are now and we wouldn't have needed another non playing employee on the payroll.

I think thats the problem. The board / 5 man panel listened to the fans / this forum and appointed Kit in the first place. The smart decision would have been to look elsewhere.

If Kit goes in the summer then I can understand why they did it. Appoint him, get the fans back since they were so isolated from Felix, and get a good feeling again. But for sure, kit is not the man to lead us back to the promised land next season. IMO : )

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: JDH101 on March 05, 2015, 10:09:22 PM
Quote from: davew on March 05, 2015, 08:15:43 PM

I think thats the problem. The board / 5 man panel listened to the fans / this forum and appointed Kit in the first place. The smart decision would have been to look elsewhere.

If Kit goes in the summer then I can understand why they did it. Appoint him, get the fans back since they were so isolated from Felix, and get a good feeling again. But for sure, kit is not the man to lead us back to the promised land next season. IMO : )

It is dead easy to say that the Board should have looked elsewhere but try coming up with some names even in hindsight. Kit turned things around in a matter of days. None of the names being bandied about seemed a good enough fit or with such a consistent record that justified making a change.