more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (11/03/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 10, 2015, 06:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Leeds On General Sale

Tickets for the Whites' next home fixture against Leeds United (Wednesday 18th March, 8pm) are now on General Sale.

Join us under the Cottage floodlights as Fulham look to do the double over the Yorkshire side. The two sides last played in SW6 in 2001, with Loftus Road hosting the most recent home clashes in 2002 and 2003.

Tickets are priced from £30 adults and £20 juniors, and are available to purchase now online, by phone on 0843 208 1234 (opt. 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/10/leeds-on-general-sale?

WhiteJC

Tickets for Brentford's match against Fulham at Craven Cottage selling fast

Season Card Holders can buy now

More than 1,700 tickets were snapped up on the first day of sales by Brentford fans for the Sky Bet Championship West London derby away to Fulham and all Season Card Holders can now buy.

The Bees will travel to Craven Cottage for the derby on Good Friday, April 3.

The match will kick-off at 3pm.

Brentford have been given an initial allocation of just over 4,000 tickets and a further 1,100 will be available if needed.

Tickets are on sale now to all Season Card Holders and Club Members can then purchase at 10am on Thursday, March 12
Each person will be entitled to a maximum of two tickets.

They will then go on General Sale, again at two per person, at 10am next Monday, March 16.

Full ticket information can be seen here.

Supporters are reminded the Club has designated one block a "Singing Section".
If supporters would like to be sat in this area can they please make it clear when purchasing tickets, either by telling the Ticket Office staff member or including a comment in the box provided online.
The Club is anticipating a very high demand for these tickets.
Supporters are reminded the best way to buy tickets is to do so via the Brentford FC ticketing website here.

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/fulham-v-brentford-ticket-news-2325667.aspx#D9zWywhz7UB7cgY1.99

WhiteJC

Wales midfielder George Williams ruled out for up to six months after undergoing knee surgery

The 19-year-old is set to miss at least four of Wales' six remaining qualifying matches for Euro 2016

George Williams in action against Cyprus
Fulham midfielder George Williams has been ruled out of the rest of the season after rupturing his ACL, but should be fit for the end of Wales' Euro 2016 qualifiers.

Williams has featured heavily for Chris Coleman's men, featuring in all four matches of the European qualifying campaign so far.

The youngster impressed against group favourites Belgium, but he is likely to miss the two games against Israel as well as the return matches against Belgium and Cyprus.

The 19-year-old sustained the injury whilst on loan at MK Dons, but returned to his parent club Fulham to undergo successful knee surgery.

"Obviously I'm devastated with the news of my injury, but I will work hard and keep fighting to be back for next season," tweeted Williams.

"Very proud of what I have achieved this season, big thank you to everyone at Fulham, Wales and MK Dons for making it possible."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wales-midfielder-george-williams-ruled-8808725?

WhiteJC

Under-21 Fixture Changes

Fulham Under-21s' match away to Liverpool, originally scheduled for Monday 6th April, will now take place on Tuesday 7th April (3pm). The game will be played at the Swansway Chester Stadium.

We can also confirm that the home game against Sunderland, originally scheduled for Saturday 18th April at Motspur Park, will now take place at Craven Cottage on Friday 17th April (1pm). This fixture will be open for supporters to attend free of charge. Further details will be announced in due course.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/10/under-21-fixture-changes?

WhiteJC

Craven Cottage Events

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the launch of Craven Cottage Events.

Our historic stadium offers a unique venue and location for a range of events, from business meetings to birthday parties, corporate Christmas functions to weddings.

As an already established venue, Craven Cottage has hosted a variety of events over the years and both the Club and our catering partner, Delaware North, would like to maximise the options available to supporters raising awareness of, and utilising, the fantastic facilities at London's original football club.

Our dedicated team will work with you to create the perfect Riverside Experience at Craven Cottage for you and your guests. Whether this be a tailor made menu created for you by our head chef, or unique behind the scenes photos to remember your special day.

The stadium provides a range of function rooms with pitch or river views, perfect for any type of occasion.

To celebrate the introduction of Craven Cottage Events, there is a Day Delegate Rate offer of £40 per person (+VAT), so if you are planning your next offsite meeting or company conference, why not hold it at the home of Fulham Football Club.

There is also a fantastic launch offer for any party bookings, which will see you and your guests provided with a complimentary drinks reception on arrival, and there will be special offers and competitions running throughout the year, so keep up to date via cravencottageevents.com. In addition, Craven Cottage Events will be running fantastic one-off experiential events for fans, such as Father's Day and Wine Tasting evenings, along with continuing to operate our very popular stadium tours, so keep your eye on our new website for details or on twitter @CottageEvents.

If you have any initial queries please contact the team at [email protected].

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/10/craven-cottage-events?

WhiteJC

Shooting Star Chase Cup

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the return of the Shooting Star Chase Cup at Craven Cottage in May.

Ex-pros, sportsmen and celebrities will take to the field to compete for the Shooting Star Chase Cup for the third year in a row. Last year, the Fulham All Stars beat the Sealand All Stars team by 9 goals to 3.

However, this year will see Fulham All Stars face a new challenge by way of a team of celebrities managed by actor Sean Bean,  in a charity football match on Saturday 23rd May (kick-off 1pm).

Sean Bean, who has played starring roles on TV and the big screen such as ITV's Sharpe, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, James Bond film Goldeneye and When Saturday Comes, to name just a very few, said:

"I am really looking forward to being the manager of the Celebrity All Stars team on May 23rd against the Fulham All Stars at Craven Cottage. It will be a great day in aid of charity but my team will be doing everything to come away with a win!"

The match will raise funds for both the Fulham Football Club Foundation and the Club's 2014/15 season local charity partner, Shooting Star Chase, which supports families with a child or teenager who has a life-limiting condition.

The Fulham All Stars team, made up of ex-Fulham footballers, will be captained by former Whites midfielder Sean Davis, who remains the only player in the Club's history to have played for Fulham in all four divisions. 

Sean Davis said:

"I'm honoured to be captaining the Fulham All Stars Team as we take on the Celebrity All Stars on the 23rd May. My last competitive game at Craven Cottage was back in 2003 and I still have such great memories of playing there. I am looking forward to recruiting Fulham legends to form a formidable team as we take on Sean Bean's Celebrity All Stars. Once again all proceeds will go towards Shooting Star Chase and Fulham FC Foundation, two worthy local charities so come down and show your support. It's going to be a great day and I can't wait to play and catch up with some of the Club's former players as well as the fans."

A superb mixture of ex-professionals and celebrities, confirming their participation and giving their time for free, will be announced on fulhamfc.com in due course.

Tickets are on sale from 10am on Wednesday 11th March, priced at £12 adults and £5 concessions (under 16s) at fulhamfc.com/tickets or by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1) - 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Tickets can also be purchased in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

Please note that the price of an adult ticket increases to £15 on the day of the match.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/10/shooting-star-chase-cup?

WhiteJC

Scott Parker: 'Players don't realise how hard coaching is'

Scott Parker casts his memory back to Lilleshall nearly 20 years ago and considers how much has changed.

Back then he was one of the most highly rated 15-year-olds in the country and remembers a young coach called John Peacock who took to sessions with energy and focus.

Parker lapped it up, and something must have worked, as he went on to win the Premier League with Chelsea and 18 caps for England.

Now 34, and approaching the autumn of his career, Parker is calling on Peacock again – perhaps greyer but no less vital – to help him start out again, this time as a coach.

Parker is studying at St. George's Park for his UEFA Pro Licence – the qualification required to manage a side in the Champions League – and is taking to the process with the same vigour that marks him out as a player.

"John is a benchmark for the way things should be done. He took me through my A Licence and he has been fantastic to me," said the Fulham midfielder.

"Just to see him work in close quarters has been a real eye-opener for me and an invaluable experience.

"He has obviously come a long way since I was at Lilleshall, just like I have, and developed tenfold as a coach, but the principles of what he is doing to develop in young players remain the same."

Peacock can back up Parker's claims with achievements: last year the Yorkshireman led England U17s to the European Championship title, his second in four years, and as a leading coach educator, he is currently guiding Gary and Phil Neville, Brad Freidel and Portsmouth boss Andy Awford through qualification.

All have had distinguished playing careers, but coaching poses a new challenge.

Parker said: "I used to think 'no it's fine – I've played the game and I know what it is about. I know how to tell other people where to stand', but it is not until you start learning that you realise how difficult it is and there is an art to it.

"It is totally different to playing, and that is why I am here.

"As a player you go out on the training field and don't think about the planning that has gone into it. You don't worry about the facilities and what it takes to get everything in place."

Parker knows that now: but his first coaching session came as something as a shock.

"I've got four sons and one of them is a 12-year-old who plays for his local team, Leatherhead Youth. I often used to help out there with their training sessions.

"A grassroots team is probably the best place to start because from there you see it all.

"I remember getting a little bit frustrated: They were 12-year-old boys, full of energy and you're conscious of voice tones.

"That was the hardest thing: I thought I'd just put some cones out and tell them what to do and they would do it.

"They did, to be fair, but a couple of them are talking to each other, looking over at the trees.

"And it being my son's team, the last thing I wanted to do was for the lads to go home to their parents and say 'he was really horrible to me'.

"Dealing with kids, the way you adapt your coaching style is paramount."

Scott Parker with England manager Roy Hodgson in 2012

Whether Parker focuses on becoming a manager, or developing younger players, he admits to having thought about a career in coaching for some time.

"I have always been quite dominant in teams, so it was always part of my personality to put forward ideas," he said.

"Early on in my career certainly I want to get as much experience as I can, because however many games I have played nothing prepares you for coaching."

And despite being among the younger delegates at St. George's Park, Parker recognises that coaching is among the few professions where anyone under 50 is considered young.

"It's has been early to be where I am. It puts me in a good position and it gives me the most amount of time. As a player I wanted to be the best I can be and this is no different," he added.

"That's why I want to get my coaching qualifications early and spend as much time with people as I can and really learn my trade. Whether that be going away with John, or with [England U18s head coach] Neil Dewsnip and gaining experience, that can only put me in good stead."

Just as importantly, Parker feels English football needs good coaches to bring out the best in young players, just as Peacock has been for decades.

"My generation was not at technical at times but we had a lot of character," he said.

"Today we are producing much more technical players - what my sons can do I could never have done at my age – but there is a balance there to be had.

"I just worry that we aren't developing the character and ultimately to develop a top player, I think character is the most important."

Parker hopes that, one day, he can help give players the same grounding he received at Lilleshall all those years ago.

Read more at http://www.thefa.com//news/st-georges-park/2015/mar/scott-parker-pro-licence?#HPHI0radDcLAsSTL.99

WhiteJC

Kids for a Quid for Owls v Fulham

Wednesday are back at Hillsborough this weekend and looking to extend their current run in the Championship.

The Owls have won three of their last four games ahead of Saturday's clash with Fulham, which has a special ticket offer for our young fans.

The game has been designated Kids for a Quid and supporters aged 16 and under can purchase a ticket for £1 in any area of the ground if purchased in advance of the game.

Tickets are now on general sale.

Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/kids-for-a-quid-for-owls-v-fulham-2326534.aspx#HgpxibkUIQQtyb7u.99