watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have I missed something.....?

Started by BlackandWhiteFilm, March 10, 2015, 09:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackandWhiteFilm

....But the last update on the stadium development was a year ago. Is the new Riverside stand being quietly forgotten about?
I worry that things like planning permission and agreements with residents and other "stakeholders" may lapse. a couple of crappy seasons should not get in the way of the progress needed to develop and improve the Cottage.

Roberty

Yep - you did miss something

When Riggs was appointed last December, one of the reason was to leave Ali Mac to concentrate on the stadium development

The reason these things take so long is not in our control - the club have to get permits from every man and his dog before they can do anything
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

MJG

A second permit from the Port of London authority was issued at start of Feb. This supplements the first one from last year and allows them to start work within the river.
Now the club have not made a big play of this for a couple of reasons and one is because there still could be a judicial review over the second permit.
The club hope by keeping things low key we can get through to May without one and push on from there.

jarv

I suppose we will end up with a magnificent empty stadium to play Bury and Doncaster Rovers....happy days are here again..    Thank you mr. 051

Holders

There is no way that any owner in his right mind would build a big new stand and not have the intention of the team drawing crowds to justify the investment. In my view, any decision to re-build the Riverside Stand (or not) would be a good indicator of intentions regarding the team. The two are intimately linked. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

irishfulham

i dont know..whats the point in making the stadium bigger when its so empty already?

Roberty

Quote from: irishfulham on March 10, 2015, 02:21:22 PM
i dont know..whats the point in making the stadium bigger when its so empty already?

If we make it to the conference we can just put some fold-away chairs round the pitch and do away with the stands altogether

The reason for doing it is vision - as MLK said "I had a dream"
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

The Equalizer

Quote from: Roberty on March 10, 2015, 03:08:26 PM
Quote from: irishfulham on March 10, 2015, 02:21:22 PM

The reason for doing it is vision - as MLK said "I had a dream"

Wasn't that Susan Boyle?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

BalDrick

Quote from: Holders on March 10, 2015, 12:19:30 PM
There is no way that any owner in his right mind would build a big new stand and not have the intention of the team drawing crowds to justify the investment. In my view, any decision to re-build the Riverside Stand (or not) would be a good indicator of intentions regarding the team. The two are intimately linked. 
Well getting permission for it without actually doing anything would make the club more sellable but yeah, once he's started spending money on it you'd have to assume the light at the end of the tunnel is getting a bit brighter. Just hope it's not a train
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town