watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Decline of Fulham Football Club

Started by Admin, March 15, 2015, 05:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

We would be 12th taking only the results in all the league from the day Kit started.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MJG on March 17, 2015, 09:39:14 PM
We would be 12th taking only the results in all the league from the day Kit started.

Thanks.

We were plummeting towards the third tier under Magath. Kit has stabilised us even with the disappointing recent results. A couple of wins and the pressure will be off and we can look forward.

LBNo11

Quote from: Arthur on March 17, 2015, 08:52:55 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on March 17, 2015, 07:57:46 PM
Quote from: Arthur on March 17, 2015, 04:14:29 PM
And what is there that suggests we can do this?

The last help 'we' gave the Club was to back Kit Symons for the manager's role so roundly that it made it impossible for Khan to appoint anybody but him.

Scroll forward fewer than six months, however, and many of those who wouldn't entertain the prospect of anyone other than Kit last October have already changed their minds and would happily see him replaced, while a further significant proportion are, it would seem, unsure, or worse still, indifferent as to whether he should lead us into next season.

If I were Khan, I would consider that this sort of 'help' I can do without.

...Khan had five advisers and a run of form to help make his decisions, if he wanted someone else he would have got them whatever our wishes. He has been poorly advised by his advisers before Kit so at least things are consistent...

If I am interpreting your last point correctly and you are saying that the 'advice' Khan was being offered by the great majority of supporters (i.e. to appoint Symons) was poor, I would agree that it seems so.

I do not agree, however, with your assertion that Khan could not have been influenced by the outpouring of support in the stands and on forums such as this. Had he known whom he wanted - or felt confident of identifying the best candidate 'off his own bat' - what would be the need to appoint a committee?

Now, whether or not they advised him to give the job to Symons, I don't know.

What I did note, nonetheless, was that, at the press conference at which Khan introduced Symons as the new manager, he thanked the five at length for their efforts... without going so far as to state that they had actually recommended Kit.

I think it somewhat odd that Khan's gratitude should indicate nothing more than the five's tacit approval... unless, of course, Symons was not top of their list and our Chairman went against their advice to satisfy the clamour of the supporters.

...on reflection the last line could be construed as a snide comment about Kit, it was not my intention though. I think that Kit has been somewhat hung out to dry because of Khan's hapless advisers. The transfer window brought little in the way of transfer funds for a team that could potentially suffer another back to back relegation.

Even with the constraints of the big team biased FFP rules, I'm surprised the club hadn't put aside bigger funding and have secondary targets if the original targets were lost (as in fact they were). The players are frankly not good enough as a team (this is not knocking the team, or targeting individuals, just stating what we are seeing) and the club desperately needed to bolster the squad.

So who did the advisers target, how much was Kit consulted on the targets, and who carried out the failed negotiations and who hadn't put into place a plan 'B'...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

VicHalomsLovechild

It all started to go wrong in the late 1800's when we turned down Stamford Bridge. All that space and a tube station round the corner and no Chelsea FC.

Twig

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 17, 2015, 09:28:34 PM
We would be in a comfortable mid table position on the form under Symons if he had been in charge all season.

To suggest that appointing Symons was a bad decision is unfair to Kit, Khan and the five man panel. To say that does not recognise that he has improved our performance dramatically in comparison with the previous incumbent or that they were no names being mentioned at the time that were clearly better or that those with hindsight can name now.

That is not to say that Kit is the man to get us promoted and back as a solid PL club. We will have to see how he finishes the season and if he is given a transfer window to build his team with the help of Rigg and Curbishley.

Steady on, you are in grave danger of being balanced and fair.  I am afraid there are only a small minority who will share such an attitude with you.  Good comment.

Gezza

Comments such as " the once respected Fulham Football Club has plunged to new depths " makes me laugh as someone who has watched them in the 4th tier in danger of dropping into non-league. Get a grip for goodness sake !