more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Fans criticising players

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, March 16, 2015, 04:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlH8X-qRgfo

Yes this is a bit of self promotion, but I went to the Port Vale press conference today as part of my uni work, and part of it included a fantastic rant by Vale striker Tom Pope who talks about players getting ripped by fans.

Just something to bear in mind for the future for when you say 'Get XXX off the pitch etc.'
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Lighthouse

Players get frustrated but they are in the business where they will be open to criticism as well as over praise. But we all know fans and non fans who will have a go and be needlessly offensive to players. However the bottom line we all live in that World now. Nobody who has any experience of social media hasn't at one time or another been abused for no apparent reason usually from directions that you least expected.

Good luck to him for speaking out. Welcome to the World.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 16, 2015, 04:57:13 PM
Nobody who has any experience of social media hasn't at one time or another been abused for no apparent reason usually from directions that you least expected.

That's true. You can be very unfair at times. Especially after I told you it was only a joke. Wait until "You've been framed" pays me £250 for the video clip, then you will be sorry, won't you?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rupert on March 17, 2015, 09:02:00 AM
Nobody who has any experience of social media hasn't at one time or another been abused for no apparent reason usually from directions that you least expected.

That's true. You can be very unfair at times. Especially after I told you it was only a joke. Wait until "You've been framed" pays me £250 for the video clip, then you will be sorry, won't you?

I doubt you managed to keep the camera still enough with your drink problem. Besides the tv people must see a rotund male falling off a bench with his hand in a jam jar and wearing pink chiffon stolen from the local nuns washing line a million times. 

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 17, 2015, 10:16:27 AM

I doubt you managed to keep the camera still enough with your drink problem. Besides the tv people must see a rotund male falling off a bench with his hand in a jam jar and wearing pink chiffon stolen from the local nuns washing line a million times. 

What drink problem? I've said a million times, anything with meths in it must be good for you, otherwise they wouldn't let painters use it, would they? Anyway, if you recall I was lying down at the time, so the camera was not moving.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rupert on March 17, 2015, 10:38:28 AM

What drink problem? I've said a million times, anything with meths in it must be good for you, otherwise they wouldn't let painters use it, would they? Anyway, if you recall I was lying down at the time, so the camera was not moving.

You were lying down and motionless as was the camera, still clicking away on automatic. The ambulance and police were called and I ended up in a cell and you in the back of an ambulance. I was going to say you fell on your feet as usual. But you just fell. I on the other hand had a very uncomfortable night away from my bench. Still the nuns were very understanding.

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 17, 2015, 11:51:17 AM
Quote from: Rupert on March 17, 2015, 10:38:28 AM

You were lying down and motionless as was the camera, still clicking away on automatic. The ambulance and police were called and I ended up in a cell and you in the back of an ambulance. I was going to say you fell on your feet as usual. But you just fell. I on the other hand had a very uncomfortable night away from my bench. Still the nuns were very understanding.

I did say that I thought the handcuffs were over the top, even if they were lined with pink fur, but as usual you wouldn't listen.  No wonder the police took a dim view of things. I understand the route to the cells was dim too, the cop who interviewed me said you fell down three flights of stairs before you got there.
The nuns are called the Sisters of Lost Causes for a reason, you know. Stiil, even they were scared of Matron when they arrived to claim me from the hospital. I thought nurses were supposed to be the caring profession.