Main Menu

Please sack Kit Symons Mr Kahn

Started by Admin, March 18, 2015, 09:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalDrick

Quote from: ROKERITE on March 19, 2015, 09:39:20 AM
Quote from: BalDrick on March 19, 2015, 09:23:14 AM
Quote from: ROKERITE on March 19, 2015, 09:14:34 AM

Poor Mr Kahn, his biggest mistake was forgetting what the result is when you get a committee in. He was widely applauded for appointing the five wise men to choose Magath's successor but look at their decision, give it to the no-hoper who was already there.
He'd made some terrible decisions himself then took the advice of those who were supposed to know what they were talking about. It doesn't seem fair to me that he's getting so much flak. Limp through to the end of the season then give the job to the man who should have got it last time, Danny Murphy.
What on earth makes you think the panel's conclusion was Kit? Khan had the final vote.

As for Murph - has Kit's tenure taught you nothing? Former player with ne experience, or very little, ain't enough. I too would like to see Murph involved at some stage, but not till he's learnt the ropes

Since I joined this messageboard (in September) every post I've made has been on the same lines. Don't appoint Kit Symons, it will be a mistake, give the job to Murphy; you shouldn't have appointed Kit Symons, you should have given the job to Murphy. So what Kit's tenure has taught me is I was spot on about Symons.
It isn't the amount of experience a manager has, it is who that manager is. There are numerous examples of managers being great successes in their very first job. Fulham aren't in a position to wait and see how Murphy does when he gets his first managerial post. They either give him the job as his first job or watch him succeed elsewhere and be left thinking "that could have been us" as he moves on to bigger and better opportunities.
You have a rare chance now, grab it.
I get where you're coming from mate, it's just if you're going to have a pretty inexperienced squad, to my mind you need experience on the bench (management rather than subs). Khan isn't about to splash the cash on many players with Championship experience I suspect, QED management need experience. Murph as a #2 alongside somebody with experience would be fantastic, as would (some time ago - think that ship has now sailed) have been Kit as a #2 alongside an experienced manager.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Reznor

Quote from: The Rock on March 18, 2015, 10:33:46 PM
I think he's done ok for someone who's never managed a first team on a permanent basis and I like him too.

But it comes down to Khan, a complete buffoon of an owner, so it's a lost cause.

Spot on. I just cannot understand people that defend Khan. At the end of the day he calls the shots. People say in his defense it's the advice he is given that is bringing us down. Well sack the idiots that are giving you the awful advice and employ people who will give you decent advice. For God's sake, it isn't rocket science!

Reznor

Quote from: ROKERITE on March 19, 2015, 09:14:34 AM

Poor Mr Kahn, his biggest mistake was forgetting what the result is when you get a committee in. He was widely applauded for appointing the five wise men to choose Magath's successor but look at their decision, give it to the no-hoper who was already there.
He'd made some terrible decisions himself then took the advice of those who were supposed to know what they were talking about. It doesn't seem fair to me that he's getting so much flak. Limp through to the end of the season then give the job to the man who should have got it last time, Danny Murphy.

You're kidding right?!! 'Poor Mr Khan'. I really have heard it all now.

BalDrick

Quote from: Reznor on March 19, 2015, 09:48:52 AM
I think he's done ok for someone who's never managed a first team on a permanent basis and I like him too.

But it comes down to Khan, a complete buffoon of an owner, so it's a lost cause.

Spot on. I just cannot understand people that defend Khan. At the end of the day he calls the shots. People say in his defense it's the advice he is given that is bringing us down. Well sack the idiots that are giving you the awful advice and employ people who will give you decent advice. For God's sake, it isn't rocket science!
The Rigg appointment is a hint that he's finally started looking in the right direction. Only a few days after he arrived Curbishley came in, and a few days after that the loanee defender was signed. I actually think Kit's a goner after the Huddersfield game, as we have a fortnight off

Reznor

Quote from: BalDrick on March 19, 2015, 10:11:25 AM

The Rigg appointment is a hint that he's finally started looking in the right direction. Only a few days after he arrived Curbishley came in, and a few days after that the loanee defender was signed. I actually think Kit's a goner after the Huddersfield game, as we have a fortnight off

Well there is talk of Gary Neville now. Another man with no experience. I hope this one is just another bad rumor.

BalDrick

Quote from: Reznor on March 19, 2015, 10:18:26 AM
Quote from: BalDrick on March 19, 2015, 10:11:25 AM

Well there is talk of Gary Neville now. Another man with no experience. I hope this one is just another bad rumor.
No experience? If I thought there was even a hint of truth to that, I'd be ecstatic. But I seriously doubt there is.

Pretending there is for a minute, he has the nous to bring in someone to cover areas he's not comfortable in.