watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Disappointing PFA Player Of The Year

Started by Nick Bateman, April 28, 2015, 06:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

One cannot recall a more undeserving footballer-of-the year winner than Eden Hazard.  Granted the player has a lot of ability, but he is such a disgraceful DIVER he should never been in contention.

It would have been better an Englishman like Harry Kane, who has had a phenomenal season, received the PFA award rather than a foreigner; however our league is so littered with non-Brits although I doubt if any English will win such honours in other countries.

To receive this from his fellow pros is a shock for me. Seems the 'modern' overpaid player, when he isn't chasing under-aged groupies or snorting "laughing gas" from a balloon is so easy to dupe by the now Chelsea sycophantic press like the Mail and the Daily Mirror.

It wasn't long ago the same press vilified Chelsea DAILY and declared them the most hated team in the country!  Now they scoop this accolade being the biggest "cheats" in the known Universe!

Had I played against a player like this, who dived at the merest touch, I would have given Hazard the same treatment he gave to that unfortunate ballboy earlier last year.  Kicked him in the 'nards!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

shnlwswlkr

Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

love4ffc

I stopped reading after the first paragraph.  I do agree though with the first paragraph.  Hazard has amazing ability but his ability to dive is even more amazing. 

I thought I heard that Chelski have the most yellow cards for diving at 5 currently.  Could be wrong. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 28, 2015, 06:26:36 PM
One cannot recall a more undeserving footballer-of-the year winner than Eden Hazard.  Granted the player has a lot of ability, but he is such a disgraceful DIVER he should never been in contention.

It would have been better an Englishman like Harry Kane, who has had a phenomenal season, received the PFA award rather than a foreigner; however our league is so littered with non-Brits although I doubt if any English will win such honours in other countries.

To receive this from his fellow pros is a shock for me. Seems the 'modern' overpaid player, when he isn't chasing under-aged groupies or snorting "laughing gas" from a balloon is so easy to dupe by the now Chelsea sycophantic press like the Mail and the Daily Mirror.

It wasn't long ago the same press vilified Chelsea DAILY and declared them the most hated team in the country!  Now they scoop this accolade being the biggest "cheats" in the known Universe!

Had I played against a player like this, who dived at the merest touch, I would have given Hazard the same treatment he gave to that unfortunate ballboy earlier last year.  Kicked him in the 'nards!

Not a player in the Premier League that can even match his ability. One of the most technically gifted players in the today's game and is a match winner. He glides past players like they aren't even there and his defensive work-rate has also been upped.

11 MOTM performances, 18 goals and 10 assists. That's without all the other chances he's created and has been a stand out player in the title winning team.

As for it should go to an Englishman rather than a 'foreigner'. Dream on, welcome to the real world without the 'foreigners' investing in the game, gracing our pitches global fanbase, the game wouldn't be what it is today.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Irelands_number1

Diving? Have you seen the amount he gets kicked? I'm also sure he set a record this year for most yellow cards for fouls on him.

Peabody

This from the man who claims that Tony Macedo is Italian!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Peabody on April 28, 2015, 08:39:03 PM
This from the man who claims that Tony Macedo is Italian!

Don Corleone was...

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Forever Fulham

:plus one:
Quote from: Bronaldinho on April 28, 2015, 06:52:23 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 28, 2015, 06:26:36 PM
One cannot recall a more undeserving footballer-of-the year winner than Eden Hazard.  Granted the player has a lot of ability, but he is such a disgraceful DIVER he should never been in contention.

It wasn't long ago the same press vilified Chelsea DAILY and declared them the most hated team in the country!  Now they scoop this accolade being the biggest "cheats" in the known Universe!

Had I played against a player like this, who dived at the merest touch, I would have given Hazard the same treatment he gave to that unfortunate ballboy earlier last year.  Kicked him in the 'nards!

Not a player in the Premier League that can even match his ability. One of the most technically gifted players in the today's game and is a match winner. He glides past players like they aren't even there and his defensive work-rate has also been upped.

11 MOTM performances, 18 goals and 10 assists. That's without all the other chances he's created and has been a stand out player in the title winning team.

As for it should go to an Englishman rather than a 'foreigner'. Dream on, welcome to the real world without the 'foreigners' investing in the game, gracing our pitches global fanbase, the game wouldn't be what it is today.

dannyboi-ffc

It shouldn't go to an english man just for the sake of it. Thats like telling messi, ronaldo, suarez, neymar and benzema they arent the best players in la liga because they aren't spanish. The clue is in the title of the award. Hazard is and has been the best player in the league by far. Without a doubt Harry Kane is the story of the year but if you take sentiment out of it he hasn't come close to Hazard. I don't feel Hazard has dived or cheated an excessive amount, not enough to stand out as a cheat. If this had been about Diego Costa however I would agree. Not for diving but for just being a vile man on the pitch.

For me the top 3 should go
Hazard
Kane
De Gea

I was surprised by the championship team, I expected Bamford and Harry Arter to be in the team of the year

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

J.Perkins

Hazard is unquestionably the best player in the PL. His ability to get past players is unrivalled, and he had the goals and assists to back it up. Kane has had a great season, and deservedly young player of the year. Hazard is the main reason Chelsea have been 1st practically all season.