more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Eclipse

Started by Holders, March 20, 2015, 03:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 20, 2015, 04:09:45 PM
Up North here there were reports of people sacrificing their first born.
There is a total eclipse due in 1999, fortunately they are still in the 80's up here, so that's something nice to look forward to!

:005:

leonffc

I thought it was a complete let down.
I went for a run in my Fulham shorts thinking it would be too dark for ridicule and now I'm the laughing stock of my village  :012:

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: leonffc on March 20, 2015, 05:03:30 PM
I thought it was a complete let down.
I went for a run in my Fulham shorts thinking it would be too dark for ridicule and now I'm the laughing stock of my village  :012:

:005:

Berserker

Quote from: Holders on March 20, 2015, 03:39:24 PM
Quote from: Berserker on March 20, 2015, 03:35:43 PM
Very cloudy here but my wotk collegues managed to see something

But you're only in Swindon, I presume it's brightened up now. It was glorious here in Devon which made it feel all the more weird, like it was going to thunder.
Yes clouds cleared pretty soon afterwards and it has been a bueatiful barmy day since.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulhamfootiechick

Basically it just looked  like any other day when it was going to pee down.

Burt

It was gloomy in the City, then got a bit gloomier for a bit, then less gloomy again. I must admit I was expecting it to get quite dark and spooky but it never quite got there.

The last one was a lot better, mainly because it was a glorious day, the contrast was more marked, and the birds stopped tweeting for a bit.

ron

The real wind-up here near High Wycombe was that there was solid cloud through the eclipse time, then about an hour later, the sky cleared to cloudless, with brilliant sunshine.....

It's always the same here...meteor showers, comets, forget them.

...but I was in Torquay for the 1999 eclipse. Had a great view from the top of my block of flats. We could see and hear thousands of folk down on the front, and the speed of the approaching shadow, the eerie darkness, the Bailey's beads, and above all the thunderous roar of the crowd was emotional then, and even brings a lump to my throat as I recall it....and I can't really say why!   

Woolly Mammoth

If Fulham end up getting relegated, from this position, then there will be another eclipse of the son.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.