watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sad news re Joe the Badgeman

Started by DLTOOFIF, March 23, 2015, 02:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLTOOFIF

Just heard that Joe Smith who for decades, until ill-health got in the way, used to sell badges etc from his pitch outside the Hammersmith End, passed away this morning. Joe, who was well into his 90s, traded under the name of 'Badges of Distinction'.

dannyboi-ffc

Very sorry to hear that. RIP Joe.

I have never come from the hammy end so I dont know of him but a friend of fulham is a friend of mine. My Grandad collected many badges of fulham, no doubt some were from Joe.

My thoughts go out to his family
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 23, 2015, 03:12:22 PM

I have never come from the hammy end so I dont know of him but a friend of fulham is a friend of mine. My Grandad collected many badges of fulham, no doubt some were from Joe.

Youve never been in the Hammersith end of the ground?

LBNo11

...70 years selling badges, I saw him around as a boy, and a man, even when we were exiled to Larfatus Road he still had a pitch up by the Springbok pub.

RIP Joe, I'll miss seeing the advert with 'Badges Of Distinction' and thanks...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Blimey... That is sad news... RIP Joe.

Fulham Tup North

Sad news........ RIP Joe.
Love to his family.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fernhurst

Yes, much love and sincere condolances to his family.

A Fulham institution on match days, RIP Joe.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 23, 2015, 03:53:36 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 23, 2015, 03:12:22 PM

Youve never been in the Hammersith end of the ground?

I've been in the hammy end about 10 times, I have always come from the Putney direction when going to games so I would very rarely need to go down that end. So I cant say I've ever taken any notice of him but I do remember a badge stall vaguely.

Always been in the enclosure/ now JH stand and probably always will  I mentioned Joe to my mum and she said she bought a few badges off him down the years.  She sends her best wishes as we all do.

Sad news for the fulham family
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MOR :

So sorry to hear the sad news.  Bought many a quality badge of Joe.

Condolences to friends and family - RIP Joe.

grandad

Was he the chap that used to sell rosettes back in the 50´s & 60´s. That chap used to call out "Wear your colour" Bought several off him.
Where there's a will there's a wife

WhiteJC

The Swan

The Swan

HV71

Very sad. I bet he had a lot of stories to tell. This is the sort of character that the programme should do a feature on . RIP Joe

The Cravenette

RIP Joe

I have a couple of great badges from when we got promoted as champions. Couldn't choose between the 2 he had so bought them both.

bog

Sad news. How many games did he got to? I think I recall him from back in the 50's. I think I may have bought my first ones from him. RIP Joe.

bobbo

Echo echo all the comments,
    He actually gave some badges away and would even send them to you free of charge he was part of the furniture at the Hammersmith end when I was a kid and later on also.
                             Pin one on and angel Joe
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Supermitch

RIP Joe  9739.gif

Always sad when a member of the Fulham family passes on.  Had several badges form him over the years.

Andy S

Yes I bought some of his badges back in the 60's in the days when you could not buy things like that anywhere else. There was no Fulham shop in those days. RIP Joe and condolences to Joe's family and friends. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of another of the Fulham family