more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff 23/03/15

Started by Friendsoffulham, March 22, 2015, 06:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Fulham boss Kit Symons relieved by "bizarre" win

Fulham boss Kit Symons has admitted his relief after seeing his side earn a "bizarre" 2-0 win at Huddersfield Town.

The Cottagers scored goals early on and during the final stages of the match, while Huddersfield missed two penalties in between.

Fulham also ended the game with 10 men after Shaun Hutchinson was sent off for handball. However, referee Richard Clark initially dismissed Cauley Woodrow before changing his mind.

"It was probably the most bizarre game I have ever been involved in," Symons told BBC Sport.

"We scored at the beginning and at the end and in between Huddersfield were by far the better side. We had a man sent off - the wrong one to start with - and the six minutes at the end felt like an eternity."

The result has seen Fulham move up to 20th place in the Championship table, eight points clear of the relegation zone.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Championship/Fulham

Friendsoffulham

Grant: Winning Attitude

Peter Grant heaped praise on his Under-21 team's spirit after starting well and holding on to beat Norwich on Friday night at Craven Cottage in the Barclays U21 Premier League.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZGRoW2jpC8

Friendsoffulham

Fulham Win at Huddersfield (2-0)

The win against Huddersfield yesterday, a win achieved on the road, was most welcome.

The three points earned have given Fulham that daylight needed between themselves and the three clubs in the relegation pack.

Off course a couple of more wins would be most welcome but to get a win when we were, to be brutally honest, battered, will give the squad confidence.

The opening gaol, by Kacaniklic, set the pattern of play for the game, with his in-swinging corner going in at the near post.

From that moment on we were hanging on, Huddersfield missed two penalties, one of which Bettinelli saved and the which hit the post with the goalkeeper going the wrong way.

There was also the small matter of going down to ten men when Hutchinson was finally dismissed after the referee thought Woodrow was the offender.

But Fulham hung on and even wrapped it up deep into stoppage time when Fofana broke free, saw his effort hit the post and then slot the rebound home.

After the game Kit Symons had this to say,

'It was probably the most bizarre game I have ever been involved in.

'We scored at the beginning and at the end and in between Huddersfield were by far the better side. We had a man sent off - the wrong one to start with - and the six minutes at the end felt like an eternity.'

It sure did, just like the long journey home!

COYW`s

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=393717

Friendsoffulham

Fulham Linked With McCarthy Move

Fulham are reported to be interested in recruiting Town boss Mick McCarthy.

According to The Sun on Sunday the Cottagers plan on a move for the Blues manager if he fails take Town into the Premier League this season.

The Londoners are said to have been ready to offer Steve Bruce a £30,000 a week salary and a budget with which to sign players until he extended his Hull City contract and are now claimed to see McCarthy as the man to get them back into the Premier League.

Fulham, relegated from the top flight last season, are currently 20th in the Championship, eight points from the relegation places despite receiving lucrative parachute payments.

Current manager Kit Symons took over, initially as a caretaker-boss, following the departure of Felix Magath in September and is contracted until the end of the season.

McCarthy, whose family home is still in Bromley, signed a new three-year contract with the Blues last summer.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/27098/

Friendsoffulham

Bettinelli Delivers

Marcus Bettinelli was almost lost for words, practically losing his voice after a remarkable performance in a frenetic match against Huddersfield Town on Saturday where the Whites kept a clean sheet and walked away with three points in the 2-0 victory.

The U21 England goalkeeper saved every single one of Huddersfield's 13 shots on target at the John Smith's Stadium including a penalty in the second half from Nahki Wells after Hutchinson was sent off for handball on the line.

"I don't even know what to say. I've not got much of a voice left," Bettinelli told fulhamfc.com after the match.

"That sort of felt like a Cup Final for us then. I think you can see how much it meant to all the lads especially when Seko got the second one in. I've not seen celebrations like that since I was a little kid."

"I think most goalies have one of these games every so often," said Bettinelli on the quality of his performance. "I made a couple of mistakes and managed to get away with them with a save after that.

"I rode my luck at times as well as the team, but I'm just happy that we got a clean sheet and the three points, that was the main thing."

The victory comes after a difficult run of results for the Whites and was in complete contrast to Wednesday night's game against Leeds United at Craven Cottage when the Whites had 27 shots on goal, but could not get a single one into the net.

"We've dominated a lot of games at home and away and come away with nothing and today they dominated but we rode our luck at times and we managed to come away with the points and that's all that we came here to do," said Bettinelli.

"I think that's a first for me of two penalties. I managed to save the first one and as for the second one I didn't really know where he was going to go and I sort of stood my ground and lucky enough for us it hit the post and we needed that bit of luck. We've not had that bit of luck for a long, long time and thankfully we had it today."

Marcus Bettinelli now heads off with the England U21 squad hoping to play when they take on the Czech Republic on 27th March and Germany on the 30th March, but is hoping this result will give the Whites the confidence they need after the international break when they take on Brentford at Craven Cottage on Friday 3 April (3pm).

"I'm happy and confident going away to England," said Bettinelli. "We probably would have liked that game on Wednesday because confidence would have been high but everyone's going away with their own teams and I think we'll come back next week and start again and take the confidence from today and put it into the next game.

"We understand every game we go into now is technically a Cup Final for us. Nobody really wanted us to be in this position. We didn't really want ourselves to be in this position. The fans, I know they don't want us in this position. But this is the position we are in. We've had a really tough year all the way through from the start. I want to thank the fans for being patient with us. I know it can't be easy especially with the success they've had in the last few years and now seeing us to where we are now. But that's the situation we're in and we are working very hard."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/22/bettinelli-huddersfield

Friendsoffulham

McCormack out of Scotland squad ...Paton ruled out for Irish

Ross McCormack has withdrawn from the Scotland squad for the double-header against Northern Ireland and Gibraltar.

Ross McCormack (right) has pulled out of the Scotland squad after picking up an injury against Leeds

The 28-year-old Fulham forward picked up a knee injury playing against Leeds in midweek.

Scotland boss Gordon Strachan has no plans to bring in anyone else for the Vauxhall International challenge match against Northern Ireland at Hampden Park on Wednesday night, which is followed by the Euro qualifier against Group D's bottom side at the same venue on Sunday.

The Scots are in third place in their section with seven points from four games with Poland topping the table on 10 points.

Meanwhile, a knee injury has forced Paul Paton out of Northern Ireland's squad for their forthcoming internationals.

The Irish Football Association said that the Dundee United man would miss the games against Scotland and Finland with the problem.

Lee Hodson of Milton Keynes Dons has been called up in his place.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other-football/ross-mccormack-out-of-scotland-squad-201011n.121295605

Friendsoffulham

Fulham striker Ross McCormack pulls out of Scotland squad

Ross McCormack: Fulham striker is out of the Scotland squad

Scotland boss Gordon Strachan will be without Fulham striker Ross McCormack for the forthcoming internationals against Northern Ireland and Gibraltar.

The Scottish Football Association confirmed McCormack's absence after the 28-year-old suffered a knee injury playing against former club Leeds in midweek.

Strachan has no plans to bring in anyone else for the friendly at Hampden Park on Wednesday, which is followed by the European Qualifier with Gibraltar next weekend.

The bottom team in Group D will play their first ever match against Scotland when they meet at the Glasgow venue on Sunday.

The Scots are in third place in their section with seven points from four games with Poland topping the table on 10 points.

Dundee United midfielder Paul Paton will not take part in the match against Scotland or Northern Ireland's game with Finland.

The Scot's born Northern Ireland midfielder has suffered a knee injury and has been replaced by Milton Keynes Dons defender Lee Hodson.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9772839

Friendsoffulham

The Craven Corner: Another crazy week at Fulham's ends with some breathing space

What a mental week for Fulham fans; 27 shots and no goals at home to Leeds then when we concede two penalties, go down to ten men, score direct from a corner and win 0-2 away to Huddersfield. Football's a funny game at times.
Related articles

'Against Leeds we played 10 times better!' Fulham boss reflects on 'bizarre' Huddersfield win

We didn't play well at all, and even Kit said it was one of the worst performances he's witnessed during his managerial reign. There were changes to the starting eleven and without McCormack, Parker and Stafylidis we saw starts for Jazz Richards at left back, Hutchinson was made captain and Woodrow partnered Matt Smith in attack.

On paper, it wasn't a bad side but making Hutchinson captain indicates Kit is a big fan, which probably spells bad news for Dan Burn - I hope I'm wrong as I rate Burn incredibly high and I feel he deserves to start.

Alexander Kacaniklic started in the number ten role on Saturday and in fairness considering there was no Bryan Ruiz or Ross McCormack it was the best possible choice. Cauley Woodrow had his chances and hit the post, another hard shift from the youngster. Credit to the young man, in the moment of confusion he was wrongly sent off when Hutchinson handled on the line. But, Cauley cried when he was sent to the stands, clearly showing how much he cares about the club and its current situation and I hope he has a bright and long future here, he deserves it.

In recent articles, I have been praising Seko Fofana and it was his bursting run in the 96th minute which saw him one on one, which he finished on the second attempt. This is the kind of goal, I was always knew he was capable of. Seko offers a lot in that box to box midfielder role and his power and pace will see him develop into a top midfielder. I hope the club secure him on loan for next season and then with a stroke of luck tie him down to a permanent deal because despite his gangly figure, I can see his unorthodox style share traits of Moussa Dembele, high praise I know. He has to start the remaining games alongside Scott Parker and Ryan Tunnicliffe supporting the front three - it's criminal that the Frenchman is benched for Tim Hoogland, who doesn't look comfortable in the centre of the park.

Finally, the results went our way this weekend with Millwall surrendering a two goal lead, Wigan and Blackpool could only draw whilst Rotherham lost. This will give us some breathing space from the trap door, but we must make sure we beat Wigan, Blackpool and Rotherham when we play them. Beating all three would guarantee our safety, then we can focus on rebuilding the squad for next season and rid ourselves of Felix Magath's flops.

Keep believing and support the club with everything you can for the final run in, onwards and upwards! Come on you Whites!!

Feel free to contact me on Twitter: @ABronsSmith

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/the_craven_corner_another_crazy_week_at_fulham_s_ends_with_some_breathing_space_1_4004972

Bassey the warrior

I don't Big Mick here. His teams are thuggish and unpleasantly direct. Warburton would be my preferred choice. Think he's leaving Brentford in the summer. Worked miracles there and they play some good stuff.

wolfie

Keep mccarthy away. Really hate him

Friendsoffulham

Woodrow's U21 Call-Up

Fulham striker Cauley Woodrow has been called up to the England Under-21 squad for their upcoming matches against the Czech Republic and Germany.

Head coach Gareth Southgate has called on the 20-year-old following an injury sustained by Saido Berahino. Elsewhere, fellow forwards Patrck Bamford and Calum Wilson have also withdrawn through injury.

Woodrow joins his Club teammate Marcus Bettinelli in the England camp.

Friendsoffulham

Middlesbrough agree deal to sign Fulham defender

Middlesbrough have agreed a deal to sign Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta on loan, according to Gazette Live.
Amorebieta will join Boro on loan

Amorebieta will join Boro on loan

The 29-year-old centre-back will help bolster Aitor Karanka's Boro side, and enhance their aspirations of attaining promotion.

Amorebieta joined the Cottagers in 2013 and has gone on to accrue 29 appearances for the London outfit since joining.

The Venezuelan defender will join Boro until the end of the season, and could go straight into the club's next fixture against Wigan Athletic on Friday.

Aitor Karanka's side currently sit in third place in the Sky Bet Championship, having accumulated 72 points from 39 league games.

The signing of Amorebieta may come as a result of the club's demoralising 3-0 defeat away to AFC Bournemouth at the Goldsands Stadium last Saturday.

The shaky Boro defence simply could not handle the high-tempo, intense football that the Cherries played, and it helped Eddie Howe's men leaprog them into top spot in the division.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/middlesbrough-agree-deal-to-sign-fulham-defender/

Friendsoffulham

Fulham Fulham's Woodrow gets England U-21 call

Fulham striker Cauley Woodrow has been called in to the England Under-21 squad for their upcoming matches against the Czech Republic and Germany.

Woodrow, 20, will join the squad after Patrick Bamford withdrew along with West Brom's Saido Berahino and Bournemouth's Calum Wilson.

Bamford, on loan at Middlesbrough from Chelsea, will play no part in England's games after Boro announced he was carrying an injury.

Woodrow's Fulham team-mate Marcus Bettinelli had already been included in Southgate's squad.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-wls-woodrow-called-up-after-chelsea-youngster-pulls-out

Friendsoffulham

Norman's England Call

Fulham goalkeeper Magnus Norman has been called up to the England Under-18 squad for the first time.

The Young Lions will play two matches against Switzerland, behind-closed-doors at St George's Park on Thursday and at Walsall's Bescot Stadium on Saturday.

Magnus will be competing with West Ham United's Sam Howes for game time across the two matches.

In other international news, Kostas Stafylidis and out-on-loan Kostas Mitroglou have been named in Greece's squad for their European Championship Qualifier against Hungary in Budapest.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/23/normans-england-call

Friendsoffulham

Middlesbrough to sign Fulham's Fernando Amorebieta on loan?

Fernando Amorebieta of Fulham is buried by team mates after scoring his team's second goal during the Sky Bet Championship match

Middlesbrough have reportedly agreed a deal to sign Fernando Amorebieta on loan from fellow Championship side Fulham.

It is thought that the 29-year-old will join until the promotion chasers until end of the season in a deal that will see Boro full-back James Husband moving the other way.

Boro head coach Aitor Karanka is said to be looking at options to bolster his defence, with centre-backs Daniel Ayala and Jonathan Woodgate both injured.

Amorebieta left Athletic Bilbao on a free transfer in June 2013 to join Fulham when they were in the Premier League, but the Venezuelan international has slipped down the pecking order this season.

According to Gazette Live, Karanka has sanctioned the deal because he believes that Amorebieta will add presence, height and experience to the ranks.

Amorebieta has made seven appearances for Fulham this term.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/middlesbrough/transfer-talk/news/boro-to-sign-amorebieta_212949.html