watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Amorebieta to Middlesbrough

Started by NJFulham, March 22, 2015, 07:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

Poor CB moved to LB where he is even worse.  Probably would have been shipped out last summer if anyone else had taken on his wages, and/or again in January if he had not been injured.  Always liable for  063.gif or  096.gig

Shame he won't be able to play against us at the Cottage as I fancy our forwards against him. 

Of course still our player until someone takes him off us permanently so all the best Lovebite, get fit, find some form and come back a better player....

bog

Almost as good a result as yesterday's.  :yay:

092.gif

PokerMatt

Quote from: HV71 on March 22, 2015, 08:08:54 PM
Banished - to the top of the Championship. Is this some sort of weird game of snakes and ladders ?

Monopoly I think. Amore just picked up his get out of jail free card.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Nero

big chunk of the wage bill for a player unlikely to play for us again, bit more money for transfer and wages come the summer hopefully loan to buy

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: St Eve on March 22, 2015, 08:24:39 PM
Good. He is a liability

And who hasn't been at some point this season.

Hope that he finds some success with 'Boro.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

twang

He has showed some good qualities, especially offensively at left back, but he's so prone to make costly and/or clumsy mistakes. So not really someone we should be building our future defence around.

Hope he does really well and that Boro buy him in the summer.

The Rock

Good riddance. I'd expect man of the match performances going fwd though, similar to Mitro etc.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Is this the same Amorebieta that the majority on here wanted to drop and ship out at the first opportunity? So why is he now suddenly upgraded because some other club seem to want him to a vital member of our squad?

I would quite like to have seen him as a defensive midfielder as I think he can read the game and he would not be so exposed. He reminds me of David Luiz in many ways. Some potential, not as bad as many make out but he has never shown that he is important to us.

Wearethewhites

Currently on 40k a week, and like above, we'd have got rid of him if there was any takers in the summer, but there wasn't. Boro will most likely go up, if they do, they may make the loan permanent which makes sense to me. It's like putting him in the shop window early.

Burt

Quote from: HV71 on March 22, 2015, 08:18:57 PM
Ah the glamour of Middlesborough ........the dazzling sulphur fires and the fields of industrial swarf.

My first ever summer job was working in a factory that made components for BT and my job was to get all the machine offcuts and scraps and put them in a swarf centrifuge so we could re-use the oil. Every day I would end up with 10s of tiny metal splinters in my hands despite wearing thick rubber gloves.

Great days.

Awful job.

Chutney

He's an awful footballer, hope that we've seen his last game for fulham, constantly costing us points and always likely to be sent off.
C O Y W

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on March 22, 2015, 08:07:20 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on March 22, 2015, 07:59:26 PM
if true it is ridiculous, we are weak defensivley and hwile he is error prone we need as many at the back as we can.
We had nine defenders in yesterday's 18 man squad,  pretty sure we can cope without another one.
I know what your saying, but I am concerned like you are that we have loanees when we have our own players, and I am not sure that all the loanees are better than what we have
Every day is a Fulham day

Wearethewhites

Someone mentioned to me tonight that Liecester City are canceling Robert Huth's loan and sending him back to Stoke. It's been noted that if this happened, Kit wanted to bring him in to play along side Turner for the remaining games. Now, this could all be a load of rubbish, but it seems odd that we're sending Amorebieta out on loan. Problem is, it would mean Huth playing for 3 sides in a season which I don't think is allowed?   

Scrumpy

Quote from: Wearethewhites on March 22, 2015, 09:44:14 PM
Currently on 40k a week, and like above, we'd have got rid of him if there was any takers in the summer, but there wasn't. Boro will most likely go up, if they do, they may make the loan permanent which makes sense to me. It's like putting him in the shop window early.
Exactly. I don't think many people appreciate just how essential it is for us to get rid of the following players.....

Amore, Stek, Mitroglu, Ruiz, Rodders.

We've obviously committed to keep Parker, who is presumably on around 50k a week. I believe that the average Championship wage is about 5 times less than that (and even then, most Clubs are making losses every year). If we cannot get rid of these high earners then we will be crippled financially. Obviously, Ruiz and Rodders are going to be released in the summer, but if you think we could pay 15 good Championship players with the salaries of those 3 remaining players, you can see why it is essential that we move them on somehow. If Boro go up, then hopefully they will keep Amore on a permanent basis.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Mince n Tatties

Max Headroom

No great loss. The most sent of player in the Spanish league before he came to us I think I read. Not been good for us in general

Wearethewhites

Just read up that Darren Bent has played for 3 Clubs this season, Villa, Brighton and Derby, so if true, Huth would be able to move to Fulham on loan for the rest of season.

Tonywa

Don't think Bent actually played for Villa or does just being on the books count? Honestly don't know. I think better of Amorebieta than some here, although he certainly has his faults. Would rather have him than Staf to be honest.

FPT

I think he's a good quality left back in England; at Bilbao he succeeded in a high pressure system - which also led to his poor discipline record.

He's good on the ball, and strangely a good crosser. The Middlesbrough manager will know him from Spain, and I believe Aitor Karanka is a former Bilbao player.

Middlesbrough need a central defender and I'm hopeful that we picked up a decent loan fee, and if he performs how he can, possibly a club to sell him to in the summer.

The Rock

He's a great complementary player that will be great for Boro. He fits that complimentary role.

We are in need of leaders, not complementary role players.