News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What will it take for you to back Kit Symons?

Started by Wearethewhites, March 28, 2015, 02:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

Personally I think Kit will be replaced in the summer, (assuming we remain in the championship that is. If not, I think he'll stay), and will be replaced with a 'bigger' name who will have money to spend - and I think it will be a decent amount. Hopefully.
But, if he stays we'll have to support him, simply because he's our manager, but I dot think he's the right man to take us forward.
Results couldn't have got a lot worse recently but if we were playing decent football as opposed to the long ball he seems to love, I'd be a little more sympathetic towards him.
He's inexperienced so I can forgive some of his tactical errors but doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes, but I dont think we'll be given the option to back him as he'll be gone soon after the end of the season.

St Eve

Kit got us out of the mess that Felix caused and for that we will all be forever grateful. The problem is do you give Kit the money and backing to put together a team that can get us promoted? If he fails then we are back to square one again

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Wearethewhites on March 28, 2015, 03:03:06 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on March 28, 2015, 02:56:35 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on March 28, 2015, 02:54:38 PM
If, as generally acknowledged, this season was a write-off because we kept Magath on too long (or, in fact, at all), then repeating the same mistake would be madness.

As with all these things, comes down to whether Khan really wants to get us promoted. if he doesn't, then whoever we get instead of Kit won't be a whole lot better. And more to the point, nor will the squad.
how do you get worse than kit? hire a netball coach or something like that?

Guy's, come on, lets not try to turn this into another Kit Symons witch hunt, or slagging off thread. Lets try and have a good, reasonable, footballing debate about this situation.

Alex Ferguson was terrible for United at the beginning, there were talks of him being tactically naive, but then turned out to be the best tactician there was.

If for arguments sake he's backed for the first 10 games, how would everyone feel about that, and what would they expect from him/the Club?

Tactically Naive is one thing Fergie never was even at the beginning at Manure.
It was players who resented his hard man style, it took him a while to weed out the little
cherubs god bless them and bring through the kids and and some signings..

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 29, 2015, 07:14:50 AM
If, as generally acknowledged, this season was a write-off because we kept Magath on too long (or, in fact, at all), then repeating the same mistake would be madness.

As with all these things, comes down to whether Khan really wants to get us promoted. if he doesn't, then whoever we get instead of Kit won't be a whole lot better. And more to the point, nor will the squad.

Guy's, come on, lets not try to turn this into another Kit Symons witch hunt, or slagging off thread. Lets try and have a good, reasonable, footballing debate about this situation.

Alex Ferguson was terrible for United at the beginning, there were talks of him being tactically naive, but then turned out to be the best tactician there was.

If for arguments sake he's backed for the first 10 games, how would everyone feel about that, and what would they expect from him/the Club?

Tactically Naive is one thing Fergie never was even at the beginning at Manure.
It was players who resented his hard man style, it took him a while to weed out the little
cherubs god bless them and bring through the kids and and some signings..

Well if Fulham FC finish the season with a flourish, and let's say remain unbeaten, or there or thereabouts, and show the makings of a team on the rise with decent performances and results in their remaining matches.
Then Kit may get a reprieve, and continue, assuming it was in the balance in the first place.
On the other hand, his fate may have already been decided, either way, we need to finish our remaining fixtures on a high note for all concerned.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

Times are different now to what they were in the 80's when Fergie took over. There is so much money in the game you cannot afford to give the time to a manager. If Fergie had his time over and struggled as he did at United then he would have been sacked before the glory years started in this day and age.
Every day is a Fulham day

BalDrick

Quote from: westcliff white on March 30, 2015, 11:29:38 AM

Times are different now to what they were in the 80's when Fergie took over. There is so much money in the game you cannot afford to give the time to a manager. If Fergie had his time over and struggled as he did at United then he would have been sacked before the glory years started in this day and age.
We're limping towards the end of a season that has basically been a write-off because we gave the manager at the time close to 10 games. To make the same mistake twice would be dreadful.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

nose

actually some things never change.... the money means boards are more impatient for success and take draconian action too soon too often, or in our case too long and too late with both Jol and Magath.

However where kit is concerned, I am as uneasy as anyone as to what has happened since the new year however my instinct is he is the right man but needs more and better support. I do think curbs was and is an error. i think not purchasing any proper players and getting in second rate loanees sends very poor messages to the squad and the supporters... but I feel certain this was not Kit's doing.

I think the critism of kit is vastly unreasonable but I too have highlited some obvious avoidable things he has done. I am happy to keep him until at least christmas next season when i would hope to be a minimum of top 6, unless the board decimates the squad again.

westcliff white

Quote from: nose on March 30, 2015, 01:41:12 PM

actually some things never change.... the money means boards are more impatient for success and take draconian action too soon too often, or in our case too long and too late with both Jol and Magath.

However where kit is concerned, I am as uneasy as anyone as to what has happened since the new year however my instinct is he is the right man but needs more and better support. I do think curbs was and is an error. i think not purchasing any proper players and getting in second rate loanees sends very poor messages to the squad and the supporters... but I feel certain this was not Kit's doing.

I think the critism of kit is vastly unreasonable but I too have highlited some obvious avoidable things he has done. I am happy to keep him until at least christmas next season when i would hope to be a minimum of top 6, unless the board decimates the squad again.
Depends what is a decimation this time round, Hoogland and Kiraly 1 year deals, Staf one year loan, Turner Richards Husbands and Guthrie short term loans, Stek Ruiz and Mitro all likely to go (although I would try and keep Mitro), so that in itself is what 9 players, does that class as decimation?

If they all go and the plan is to renovate the squad again then the time for change would be then rather than December I would have guess. Personally I hope we win all remaining games and everyone is happy.
Every day is a Fulham day

nose

Good points... I am not sure I know myself what decimation might mean in advance but if it happens we will know it. Stek, ruiz and mitro will all go as they should hoog and staff would be a shame to lose, the others too soon to comment.

I too would be happy to win all or remaining games, and I hope it is in a style of being better than the opponents and not a flukey run of events. I fel sure the last two games and their results have puzzled us all in the manner of the games and the outcome.

Artful Dodger

I think Kit deserves a chance in the summer. I think we all would have taken 20th after the first 8 games which we terrible. Magath decimated the squad and Kit galvanised it for 2 or 3 months. The poor run coincided with LVC, Hoogland, Amo all being injured long term, Parker going down to 1 game every other week and Ruiz almost being loaned out and not being the same since. With such a threadbare squad, it was no surprise we started to struggle.

Kit hasn't been perfect but blimey, he's not had it easy.....
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

BalDrick

Quote from: Artful Dodger on March 30, 2015, 09:20:56 PM
I think we all would have taken 20th after the first 8 games which we terrible.

Disagree. We're 20th now, having played like an absolute shower of brown stuff quite a lot recently. Which is why I can't see why anyone would have taken it. Of course it's unclear when we would have been offered to take it, but the overall point is we've underachieved hugely in far too many games. There are 3-4 decent sides in this league - one of which put 5 past us twice and we beat on our third meeting - the rest are nothing special at all. Yet there are 19 sides on more points than us.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Jonaldiniho 88

How can anyone back kit? I'd love kit to do well but he hasn't. Do we want to build and be promoted in three seasons or do we want to be promoted it all. If we stick with kit then i will fully support him.,

Woolly Mammoth

What will it take for you to back Kit Symons ?
You ask.
Well another Cheque in the post for starters, as I have already spent the last one I was sent.
Remember to make it out to Woolly Mammoth.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhaman

Winning 4 out of the last  games would help. And who me brings in. Not waiting ages to bring players in.

JudgeBread

I'd say a half dozen pints before kickoff would do it.

hovewhite

With talent in the squad  to see a team defend as one would be nice!!