more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Brentford Derby

Started by Woolly Mammoth, April 01, 2015, 10:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

076.gif
I am sure Fulham will be playing Brentford in the League next season, although they have had a remarkable season, as opposed to ours.
Our match on Good Friday I hope will be a Good Friday for Fulham, as I want to eat my Hot Cross Buns and my Easter Egg with a smile on my face.
It could be the biggest gate of the season, and has all the ingredients for a showdown of Biblical Proportions. For a start it's a Local Derby, the largest and most feisty in the history of Association Football. Both teams need to win for different reasons. But it's on our patch at Craven Cottage, Gods Country. 
That makes it a level playing field as far as I am concerned. Brentford will arrive in their thousands expecting to win. Well they haven't read the script, but I have. The atmosphere will be electric, not because of the away support, which should make this match a full house. But because, you and me and all Fulham supporters are going to get behind our team with a  raucous and loud support never heard before to spur our players on to victory, and three massive points, the bragging rights, to send the bees back home with their tails between their legs, and make it a Happy Easter and get this Forum Buzzing, but not like a Bee.
Yes it a great opportunity to signal a new Dawn and a new Era, so come on you whites, we need to show them who are the best and loudest supporters on Good Friday.
This brings me to my question.
Taking into account any injuries. Also the new Loan players.
Who would be your starting 11, and who would be your substitutes if you were the Manager.
I do not want you to name who you think Kit Symons will choose, we can do nothing about that, but who you would choose.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation and response to this question.
Please remember if your going to the match, bring your Flags, Banners and rattles and make it a Bumper day.
We have to be the Governors on and off the pitch, with a cauldron of support and noise. 
We don't want to watch them running round in Triumph, wear your colours with pride.
Think of the great feeling you will get when you watch the Mighty Whites dismantle the bees, no mercy, we are fresh out of it. The team after a weeks break should be hungry for success.
Think of the Glory when that Final Whistle blows and Mighty Fulham FC are winning. That's why we are here, don't let Fulham or yourselves down, be there or be square.
So please let me know your team for Friday, and remember, it's not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  077.gif
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

thebumponleroyshead

That's the spirit  :54: crazy Fulhamish schizophrenic passion. I'm coming back from Stockholm just for this, ridiculously expensive flight. My mob is 6 strong including my mam, back of the Hammersmith let's hope its another Juve atmos, I'll be trying my best vocally. All the bees will be in Putney, checked their grapevine message board and that seems the vibe. See you in the Crabtree! COME ON FFC rescue this naffing season with a bit of derby joy 049:gif :028:
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Burt

I'm a bit worried that Woolly hasn't contributed to this thread for a bit.

Perhaps he is extinct now after all!

:dft011:

nose

when i used to do this sort of thing i used to get terrible abuse

it seems you have to be a loveable and extinct animal to be able to respond to your own posts in a multiple manner and get away with it!

not complaining, just an observation.

filham

Fulham against Brentford , yes we should be able to approach this game full of confidence but instead I find that I am just confused .  After yet another of those terrible international breaks, where we just sit and ponder how our team will perform after two weeks without a game, it is difficult to envisage what we are in for on Friday.

1. Was not at all sure of the match time for a while, looks like 3pm KO now though. Hope I have that right.

2. Are Parker and McCormac fit to play, important this one.

3. Are we on form or not, I thought we played about the best football of the season against Leeds and our ten men actually outplayed Leeds but we lost 0-3. We cannot be expected to play better than that against Brentford. 

4.A fortunate, but gutsy, win with ten men against Huddersfield who failed to score from two penalties. We did not have Ruiz, Parker or McCormac in the team. Fear we may have used up our ration of luck for the rest of the season.

5 We have just swapped an experienced left sided defender for a young left sided defender, will this serve our team well for the rest of the season.

6. Can we get through 90 minutes against Brentford without a red card.

7. OK we have an eight point cushion from the relegation zone but  the lucky win against Huddersfield was only our second in a dozen games. We can easily put a string of defeats together.

8.Our performances vary from match to match and it is hard to say what makes up our best team. Must say that we have looked more of an attacking threat with Smith up front so am hopeful that he may just produce something against Brentford.

Come on Fulham give us something to cheer about on Friday.

MisfitKid

Very funny Woolly...   :005:

I am just not sure which one I am speaking to...  :58:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MisfitKid on April 01, 2015, 08:10:43 PM
Very funny Woolly...   :005:

I am just not sure which one I am speaking to...  :58:

It's Me !

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on April 01, 2015, 07:39:08 PM
Fulham against Brentford , yes we should be able to approach this game full of confidence but instead I find that I am just confused .  After yet another of those terrible international breaks, where we just sit and ponder how our team will perform after two weeks without a game, it is difficult to envisage what we are in for on Friday.

1. Was not at all sure of the match time for a while, looks like 3pm KO now though. Hope I have that right.

2. Are Parker and McCormac fit to play, important this one.

3. Are we on form or not, I thought we played about the best football of the season against Leeds and our ten men actually outplayed Leeds but we lost 0-3. We cannot be expected to play better than that against Brentford. 

4.A fortunate, but gutsy, win with ten men against Huddersfield who failed to score from two penalties. We did not have Ruiz, Parker or McCormac in the team. Fear we may have used up our ration of luck for the rest of the season.

5 We have just swapped an experienced left sided defender for a young left sided defender, will this serve our team well for the rest of the season.

6. Can we get through 90 minutes against Brentford without a red card.

7. OK we have an eight point cushion from the relegation zone but  the lucky win against Huddersfield was only our second in a dozen games. We can easily put a string of defeats together.

8.Our performances vary from match to match and it is hard to say what makes up our best team. Must say that we have looked more of an attacking threat with Smith up front so am hopeful that he may just produce something against Brentford.

Come on Fulham give us something to cheer about on Friday.

Yes you have made some good points, at the moment, it all appears to be a little bit of a lottery with Fulham.
Who will turn up, will it be Dr Jekyll or will it be Mr Hyde.
Who will play, who will not !
Will we get any Red Cards. A period of uncertainty.
Will all come together on Friday for Fulham, and we put Brentford to the sword, leaving the Bees without any honey.
Or will Fulham get a Footballing lesson. It will be no match for faint hearts, to the winner the Glory, surely it has to be Fulham FC.

Never forget your Roots.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: nose on April 01, 2015, 04:41:03 PM

it seems you have to be a loveable and extinct animal to be able to respond to your own posts in a multiple manner and get away with it!

Well no wonder....
You sometimes read what you think may be an interesting thread, by its title, only to find that you have to scroll through.... I don't want to get in trouble again, and so will will end that sentence with:
094.gif  :doh:  :046:  :dead horse:

Woolly Mammoth

Have you ever read that Broadsheet Newspaper The Observer ?

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 01, 2015, 09:36:47 PM

Well no wonder....
You sometimes read what you think may be an interesting thread, by its title, only to find that you have to scroll through.... I don't want to get in trouble again, and so will will end that sentence with:
094.gif  :doh:  :046:  :dead horse:

Your in Big Trouble !

Never forget your Roots.