more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff 31/03/15

Started by Friendsoffulham, March 31, 2015, 09:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

U21s' Norwich Trip

Fulham Under-21s will be looking for consecutive victories over Norwich City when they meet at Carrow Road on Wednesday evening (7pm).

The two sides went head to head just two Fridays ago, with the Whites emerging with a 2-1 win courtesy of Ange-Freddy Plumain's double.

That was also the Canaries' most recent outing, and while they were due to face Everton this week, they now take on Peter Grant's boys again due to the Toffees' involvement in the Dallas Cup.

Norwich are unbeaten at home in the Barclays U21 Premier League this season, and currently occupy sixth spot. The Whites would move level on points with them with a victory in Norfolk.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/31/u21s-norwich-trip

Friendsoffulham

Brentford Battle

here is something very exciting about our Good Friday fixture at home to Brentford. Social media has given a lot of subtle hints to suggest that supporters of both clubs are very up for this one. I'll be honest, I didn't realise how intense a game between Fulham and Brentford could be until this season. When Fulham were consigned to relegation last year I remember thinking that our biggest game this season would be against QPR but when Bobby Zamora broke all our hearts in the dying seconds of the play-off final last year I was gutted that we wouldn't have a big, west London derby to play. It was only in the aftermath of the League Cup tie with Brentford in August that I realised that this was every bit as feisty (or perhaps more?) as playing against the team from Loftus Road. I have seen a lot of the hash tag '#beesupfulhamdown' this season and it is clear that the Brentford fans are absolutely loving the Fulham predicament at the minute. They even use it when talking about general results that have nothing to do with Fulham. There is no doubt about it, we have had a very rough season and it is clear to me now that I was naive to think that Fulham would go straight back up this season.

Brentford, on the other hand, have had a season that many wouldn't have believed possible. They were predicted to be at the bottom end of the table rather than keeping pace with the play-off hopefuls. Fair play to them, they have played some very good stuff this season.

imagesHowever, regardless of the difficulties we have faced this season, all form goes out the window when it comes to a derby game. Let's not be arrogant, Fulham fans. This game means a lot to us. Fulham have lost a fair bit of pride over the past two seasons so we can't play-down the importance of ensuring that we have the local bragging rights! The stage is set for Friday. One victory a piece in the cup and league so far and a twitter battle between both clubs has been raging over the past week or so. Craven Cottage will be bouncing on Friday, and I cannot wait to make my Hammersmith End debut to watch.

Let's end the '#beesupfulhamdown' and silence the noisy neighbours.

#COYW

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/03/brentford-battle/

Friendsoffulham

Darren Bent and Scott Parker set for emotional Charlton return this summer

Darren Bent and Scott Parker have been linked with shock moves back to Charlton

Charlton Athletic have targeted sensational returns for striker Darren Bent and Academy product Scott Parker this summer, the Chronicle understands.

Boss Guy Luzon has begun preparations for next year and outlined targets to owner Roland Duchatelet.

The Israeli looks set to offer deals to the likes of Roger Johnson and Chris Eagles, and with the addition of further players with Premier League experience in the shape of Bent and Parker, Charlton are serious about a promotion bid next season.

Parker may be coming to the end of his career but a chance to end his playing days at the club who gave him his chance could be too good to turn down.

And Bent, currently on loan at Derby County from Aston Villa, is a legend to Charlton fans for what he did at the club between 2005 and 2007.

Read more: http://www.sevenoakschronicle.co.uk/Darren-Bent-Scott-Parker-set-emotional-Charlton/story-26265944-detail

Friendsoffulham

Juventus want Fulham reject Marcelo Trotta this summer

Fulham have been producing some quality looking young players recently. Of course, they can't always make the grade. One player who never really got a chance to shine at Fulham was Italian striker Marcelo Trotta.

He arrived in England in 2009, firstly with Manchester City. Three months later he made a move to Fulham, signing a professional contract with the club.

But despite successful loan spells with Wycombe Wanderers and Brentford he never got a chance for Fulham and in January Fulham let him go.

He returned to Italy, joining Serie B side Avellino in a deal reported by Avellino-Calcio to have cost the Italian side just €700,000.

Now it is looking like a poor decision to let him go.

He has three goals in three games for the Italian under-21s and since joining Avellino he has been on fire, netting four times in nine games.

That has reportedly caught the eye of Italian giants Juventus. Calcio Mercato are reporting that Juventus will make a move for the player in the summer.

Despite the fact Avellino have only just signed him Juve, as Italy's top side, would have little trouble snapping him up. The report continues to claim that Juventus would likely co-own him or loan him out to another club, with recent partners Sassuolo a likely benefactor.

It seems Fulham might have made a mistake in this case.

Did Trotta deserve more of an opportunity at Fulham?