watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

come on poland

Started by fulhamben, March 29, 2015, 07:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

id love to have an all british group in the finals, and with us wales and NI all flying high, a win for poland tonight could go a long way to scotland making the play offs
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jarv

As a Scot, the draw Ireland/Poland was the best result. However, I still think Scotland have loads of time left to shoot themselves in the foot.....again. fp.gif

Wingnut

Went to the RoI v Poland game last night with a few mates. Cracking atmosphere I have to say. Fans mixing in together with no trouble. I think Scotland will turn over the RoI in Dublin in a few months.

Would love to see NI qualify. Windsor park looks like one hell of a ground for an atmosphere. Half thinking of going to the England game in Dublin but I'll have to sit in the home which could be very dodgy.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

andyk

Mclean looked electric when he came on. He would be a great asset for any championship side next season, if the Latics go down.

Wingnut

Quote from: andyk on March 30, 2015, 09:53:01 PM
Mclean looked electric when he came on. He would be a great asset for any championship side next season, if the Latics go down.

Have to say that his tackle when he came on last night was 'old school' and it lifted the crowd. Would have been a red in a league game.

In relation to him joining us, no thanks. He is very one dimensional on the field and he is a bit too open with his political views for my liking.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

andyk

Quote from: Wingnut on March 30, 2015, 10:02:40 PM

Have to say that his tackle when he came on last night was 'old school' and it lifted the crowd. Would have been a red in a league game.

In relation to him joining us, no thanks. He is very one dimensional on the field and he is a bit too open with his political views for my liking.

That tackle was clean as a whistle, the Pole bottled it and the ref didn't even give a fee kick.  Mclean roasted the Polish defence three or four times, I agree he is a bit direct in his play, a good coach could really bring him on. As for his politics, I assume you mean his respectful refusal to wear a poppy, well that is a matter of choice.

fulhamben

Quote from: andyk on March 30, 2015, 10:12:11 PM

That tackle was clean as a whistle, the Pole bottled it and the ref didn't even give a fee kick.  Mclean roasted the Polish defence three or four times, I agree he is a bit direct in his play, a good coach could really bring him on. As for his politics, I assume you mean his respectful refusal to wear a poppy, well that is a matter of choice.

you are right that is a matter of choice, but fulham actively choose to participate on this matter  http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/11/bid-to-remember

andyk

Quote from: fulhamben on March 30, 2015, 10:17:13 PM
Quote from: andyk on March 30, 2015, 10:12:11 PM

That tackle was clean as a whistle, the Pole bottled it and the ref didn't even give a fee kick.  Mclean roasted the Polish defence three or four times, I agree he is a bit direct in his play, a good coach could really bring him on. As for his politics, I assume you mean his respectful refusal to wear a poppy, well that is a matter of choice.

you are right that is a matter of choice, but fulham actively choose to participate on this matter  http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/11/bid-to-remember

Mclean was, probably, one of the few players who thought about the poppy memorial. He decided he couldn't wear it, that it would not be honest to do so. Most players just put on the shirt, because they were told to put them on.

irishfulham

for anyone who watched the game im sure you agree ireland should ave won! poland did nothing all game and i agree would love mclean at fulham

fulhamben

Quote from: irishfulham on March 30, 2015, 10:33:57 PM
for anyone who watched the game im sure you agree ireland should ave won! poland did nothing all game and i agree would love mclean at fulham
i watched it, and it was a game of wo halfs, with poland being the far better in the first half

andyk

Certainly think the Irish deserved the point, they were well on top in the second half. But first half they were pretty lifeless, maybe nervous. If they put that second half performance together against the Scots they will roll them over.
It's gonnabe tight, probably need to get something in Warsaw. That might not be as difficuilt as it sounds, as one wag said on Twitter " there will be fewer Polish fans at that one"

cododonnell

Quote from: Wingnut on March 30, 2015, 09:34:05 PM
Went to the RoI v Poland game last night with a few mates. Cracking atmosphere I have to say. Fans mixing in together with no trouble. I think Scotland will turn over the RoI in Dublin in a few months.

Would love to see NI qualify. Windsor park looks like one hell of a ground for an atmosphere. Half thinking of going to the England game in Dublin but I'll have to sit in the home which could be very dodgy.

Dodgy? Why would it be dodgy. With the greatest amount of respect Irish fans are nothing like English fans. There will be absolutely no trouble caused by the Irish. Only a bit of friendly banter.

Every other sport played in Ireland (GAA, Hurling, Rugby etc) the crowds mix no matter what teams are playing. Soccer is segregated only because UEFA/FIFA insist on it.

Go to the match - get whatever ticket you can - watch it - and enjoy - no one will bother you.

cododonnell

Quote from: andyk on March 30, 2015, 10:41:25 PM

Certainly think the Irish deserved the point, they were well on top in the second half. But first half they were pretty lifeless, maybe nervous. If they put that second half performance together against the Scots they will roll them over.
It's gonnabe tight, probably need to get something in Warsaw. That might not be as difficuilt as it sounds, as one wag said on Twitter " there will be fewer Polish fans at that one"

Unbelievably tight group. It's very hard to call it. Ireland have got the draw against Poland and Germany though so if they beat Scotland at home, they will be in the driving seat by a point. But I expect a few more twists and turns in the group.