watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good Friday?

Started by Alan_C, April 04, 2015, 06:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_C

After a week in Abu Dhabi with work yesterday, Good Friday, I returned home. I would normally catch a flightbthat gets me back to Heathrow for around 6pm. This choice really just makes life a beat easier at the other end.

This time as it was a Bank Holiday and Fulham were to kick off at 3pm against Brentford I chose to get up at 5am (2am BST) and get an earlier flight. Too early for breakfast a the hotel (this another reason for my normal approach to returning home) This change should see me arrive at Heathrow for 1pm. Giving me 2 hours to gets through immigration, collect my bag, catch the tube to Hammersmith, drop off my bags at my mums and catch the teams coming out from my ST seat in the JH

The flight was delayed by just over an hour, the wind seemed not to be blowing our way as the flight time seemed to get a bit longer than the declared 7 hours 20 minutes. We were late to inevitably joined a stack at around Southend. We landed got to the terminal in record time, through immigration in quick time and when arriving at the carousel the bags started to arrive within 5 minutes. At this point I was thnking that if the tfl website was correct and I could a get a tube be at Hammersmith in 30 minutes and so long as I could get my wife to pick me up could make the cottage before half time. Even if I had missed our goals I could see us through to a win.

My bag with frequent flyer Priority label was, after about half an hour, about the last to arrive. On arriving at the tube platform the indicator said a tube would arrive in 2 minutes, it then changed to 13. I arrived at Hammersmith met my wife on the FPR at about 4:10 I had a cup of tea with my mum and headed home to Cambridgeshire without hitting any post match traffic

It was indeed a Good Friday as a missed that debacle got home had a nice takeaway with my family before giving into tiredness.

Let's hope there is some similarity between the Easter story, of great sadness on the Friday before great hope and happiness on the Sunday, for our Club. A disastrous season followed by events that give hope and happiness to many.

I apologise if you read this far.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Alan_C on April 04, 2015, 06:22:39 AM
After a week in Abu Dhabi with work yesterday, Good Friday, I returned home. I would normally catch a flightbthat gets me back to Heathrow for around 6pm. This choice really just makes life a beat easier at the other end.

This time as it was a Bank Holiday and Fulham were to kick off at 3pm against Brentford I chose to get up at 5am (2am BST) and get an earlier flight. Too early for breakfast a the hotel (this another reason for my normal approach to returning home) This change should see me arrive at Heathrow for 1pm. Giving me 2 hours to gets through immigration, collect my bag, catch the tube to Hammersmith, drop off my bags at my mums and catch the teams coming out from my ST seat in the JH

The flight was delayed by just over an hour, the wind seemed not to be blowing our way as the flight time seemed to get a bit longer than the declared 7 hours 20 minutes. We were late to inevitably joined a stack at around Southend. We landed got to the terminal in record time, through immigration in quick time and when arriving at the carousel the bags started to arrive within 5 minutes. At this point I was thnking that if the tfl website was correct and I could a get a tube be at Hammersmith in 30 minutes and so long as I could get my wife to pick me up could make the cottage before half time. Even if I had missed our goals I could see us through to a win.

My bag with frequent flyer Priority label was, after about half an hour, about the last to arrive. On arriving at the tube platform the indicator said a tube would arrive in 2 minutes, it then changed to 13. I arrived at Hammersmith met my wife on the FPR at about 4:10 I had a cup of tea with my mum and headed home to Cambridgeshire without hitting any post match traffic

It was indeed a Good Friday as a missed that debacle got home had a nice takeaway with my family before giving into tiredness.

Let's hope there is some similarity between the Easter story, of great sadness on the Friday before great hope and happiness on the Sunday, for our Club. A disastrous season followed by events that give hope and happiness to many.

I apologise if you read this far.

No need to apologise.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

A true disciple who did everything he could .We truly died yesterday. The big question is - any chance of resurrection ?

dannyboi-ffc

You did the right thing in the end. Someone was watching over you keeping you away from what I had to sit through. You were lucky! As for the easter comparison, thats a clever way of looking at it and I hope we rise from the dead on Tuesday and get a much needed point or 3. But if it starts off bad on good friday then its been a very long Easter for me so far! About two years long in fact.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging