watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"Just let Kit get on with doing the job he was appointed to do"

Started by Cottagism, April 03, 2015, 10:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottagism

You hear it all the time: "Just let Kit get on with doing the job he was appointed to do".

I know that's what everyone who clamoured so volubly for Kit's appointment - you know the ones: "why are Khan and his five expensive numpties even bothering with this daft selection process - just give the job to (our man) Kit, and let him get on with it" - are saying.

It's admirable, of course.  ["We've got our Fulham back."]

But, if I'm honest, I'm beginning to think they should at least *begin* the process of reconsidering their unswerving loyalty to the man.

Just a thought.

ron

The change has come with the scale of the defeats we're suffering. I certainly supported Kit's appointment, and it did look to be the right choice for quite a few games....but his tactics have been found out, he's been rumbled to the tune of seeing 4 or 5 goals being let in having become nothing unusual. 

On the face of it and on paper the squad should be doing better, but on grass the league table doesn't lie, and as it moves to its end, it becomes truer week by week.

I'm beginning to agree that it can't go on like this...losing has become a contagion that has permeated the whole club.

davew

Quote from: Cottagism on April 03, 2015, 10:14:35 PM
You hear it all the time: "Just let Kit get on with doing the job he was appointed to do".

I know that's what everyone who clamoured so volubly for Kit's appointment - you know the ones: "why are Khan and his five expensive numpties even bothering with this daft selection process - just give the job to (our man) Kit, and let him get on with it" - are saying.

It's admirable, of course.  ["We've got our Fulham back."]

But, if I'm honest, I'm beginning to think they should at least *begin* the process of reconsidering their unswerving loyalty to the man.

Just a thought.
A new poster (18 isn't it), am not sure what you are saying probably due to another sad day caused by another big defeat, should be getting to used to it by now (this season anyway)! Who is still supporting KS, very few I suspect! Why are you beginning to question anybody's continuing support of this new likeable but clueless manager of FFC, I thought we had all stopped supporting him?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

Are we not bored with the same posts after every defeat. I am not going to bother to go into why Symons was given the job or why he did well when he first took over and why this alone means he has done a good job. But to keep on thinking that ridding ourself of Symons will make any difference to a squad as bad as when Fayed first took over. Is short sighted.

By all means think who will be best taking over when we rebuild again because we can't make such a bad mistake as bringing in and leaving it to a mad German. Sack Symons by all means because he clearly has no idea anymore what to do with these awful squad of players. But to sack him now, we have to make sure the man we bring in is in for the long haul and knows what he is up against.

Symons is not the problem. Symons is not the illness. But he is a symptom. Is it worth the gamble to rid ourselves of one symptom when we don't know if the medicine we bring in will be any good with so many other problems attacking the body Fulham? Time will tell.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

It has become painfully obvious that he is out of his depth, by a mile. Sad, but there it is.

davew

Agreed Lighthouse, but we need to do something! Playing the last 6 games  of this season without a manager or with the same manager doesn't mean anything, the season is over!! Not sure why you are still in support of KS, no he is not the cause of our problems nor is he our saviour, he really hasn't made any difference to our performances, so why keep him? If we get rid of all the people to blame for our decline, we will have nobody left to run our club, mind you being retired now I could make myself available a couple of days of week while I am not playing golf!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Plodder

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 03, 2015, 11:15:05 PM
Are we not bored with the same posts after every defeat. I am not going to bother to go into why Symons was given the job or why he did well when he first took over and why this alone means he has done a good job. But to keep on thinking that ridding ourself of Symons will make any difference to a squad as bad as when Fayed first took over. Is short sighted.

By all means think who will be best taking over when we rebuild again because we can't make such a bad mistake as bringing in and leaving it to a mad German. Sack Symons by all means because he clearly has no idea anymore what to do with these awful squad of players. But to sack him now, we have to make sure the man we bring in is in for the long haul and knows what he is up against.

Symons is not the problem. Symons is not the illness. But he is a symptom. Is it worth the gamble to rid ourselves of one symptom when we don't know if the medicine we bring in will be any good with so many other problems attacking the body Fulham? Time will tell.

A sensible post amongst the "It's all Symons's fault" hysteria

GrahamG

Plodder - I don't think anybody is saying that it is all Kit's fault. What some fans knew all along and what most know now is that he's not the answer. When he was appointed, most fans had got what they had demanded and Kit got an 'opportunity' he would never otherwise have got. Enough now, it was a terrible (if understandable) mistake. 'We've got our Fulham back!" I don't think so.   

SuffolkWhite

Kit was a gamble, and the hope was that he would bring through the youth as he new them and supplement the team with some  experience. The problem has been that he has not tried to change tactics enough.

I was ok with Kit coming in and said that he should have a 1 year contract as I was not sure he was the answer but at the time he appeared to gel the team and got points on the board.

I think we will stay up as the team can get the other 10 points or so to be sure. I know we are playing badly but the teams below us are as bad and they have too many points to make up IMO.

I think there's a couple of wins in us still which may just do it.

It would be good to finish the season safe in this division and say goodbye to Kit and move on, he has at least given it a go.

My two penny's anyway 
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 03, 2015, 11:15:05 PM

Cod Liver Oil normally does the trick, he is a distant cousin to Olive Oil, remember her, she is Popeyes girlfriend. Although Bluto may have something to say about that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Plodder

Quote from: GrahamG on April 04, 2015, 08:45:32 AM
Plodder - I don't think anybody is saying that it is all Kit's fault. What some fans knew all along and what most know now is that he's not the answer. When he was appointed, most fans had got what they had demanded and Kit got an 'opportunity' he would never otherwise have got. Enough now, it was a terrible (if understandable) mistake. 'We've got our Fulham back!" I don't think so.   

I can understand your point of view, although I am still not sure that Symons was as big a mistake as some think.  I disagree that nobody thinks it's all Symons's fault.  Whatever one's opinion of the manager, there is a substantial body of opinion which appears to be that our bad form since Christmas is entirely down to the manager, and that he is the largest factor in our current woes. I think that is a dangerously misleading path down which to travel.  An overhaul of the squad is needed, irrespective of who is manager.