watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

James Husband, positive?

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, April 03, 2015, 09:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peaty

For a lot of the match, I saw Tunnicliffe more advanced than Guthrie.

Makes no sense to me. On the evidence of this match, Guthrie clearly has the vision and feet to pick out through passes that wrong foot opposition defenders (in a DM kind of way). Seems to me he should be playing in a slightly more advanced role (which in turn could remove some of the temptation for Ross to play too deep).

When Tunnicliffe moves forward, you know it's always going to end in disappointment. The one thing he can do is break up play (to some extent). So why wasn't Tunnicliffe sitting in front of the back four?

Maybe Kit set the two of them up to compensate for one another: in the sense of "you go forward, I'll stay back". If so, it didn't work. (Nor would you expect it to, after five minutes on the training ground.)

P.S. One (or both?) of them (Tunnicliffe and Guthrie) was definitely out of position for the first goal. Whoever it was, Betts went mental. The number of times Dallas was able to cut in from Brentford's left was out of order. . .

P.P.S. Husband looked good to me. First time I've seen a full back get to the by line and cross at the Hammy End this season. (OK, perhaps an exaggeration, but you know what I mean!). The one thing I'd be concerned about is judgement -- there's a time to run, a time to hedge your bets. Time will tell.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: millsy on April 03, 2015, 11:07:50 PM
Have to agree those were our best three performers today. Husband, Turner and Guthrie, in that order.

Thought Grimmer and Cauley did ok too. Smith made an impact but again, after the damage was already done.

The only impression Smith made was in the ground because he kept falling over trying to get a free kicks. I suppose he did win a few headers, which unfortunately Woodrow didn't, against an experienced centre back.
I agree that Husband was impressive for his first game, I think the only positive of the season, other than the centre back from Hull.