watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"You'll never play here again"

Started by GrahamG, April 05, 2015, 01:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamG

I always despised those that sang this line as we made our way to the premiership on the back of Fayed's fortune. How many of those who sang this, now feel a little silly?

F(f)CUK

I also felt embarrassed by this song and I was thinking about the song before and during yesterday's game.

Lighthouse

I wouldn't imagine anybody feels silly singing that. Seeing that the last time Fulham fans who could sing that are probably all suffering from ailments due to age catching up on them. The last thing they will feel silly about is baiting a few fans of another club when they were in their youth.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Slaphead in Qatar

that song may be relevant now to opposition fans. unfortunately we are going the other through the leagues.

cmg

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 05, 2015, 02:19:01 PM
I wouldn't imagine anybody feels silly singing that. Seeing that the last time Fulham fans who could sing that are probably all suffering from ailments due to age catching up on them. The last thing they will feel silly about is baiting a few fans of another club when they were in their youth.

Totally agree.

These are silly songs sung by people enjoying the moment at a sporting entertainment. Deeply thought-out philosophical manifestos they ain't.

When I was 10 I shouted out "You're sh1t!" (in a rather high-pitched voice) when an 18 year old Jimmy Greaves stumbled on the ball. I have spent a lifetime regretting this ill thought out, inaccurate and deeply wounding remark and would like to humbly beg the forgiveness of Mr Greaves, his family and legal advisers.

Fulham76

Quote from: GrahamG on April 05, 2015, 01:47:53 PM
I always despised those that sang this line as we made our way to the premiership on the back of Fayed's fortune. How many of those who sang this, now feel a little silly?

Why? It's just a bit of banter between fans - nothing spiteful in it.

Bournemouth were singing about being top of the league a few weeks back. It won't last forever, just enjoying it why they can.

Wearethewhites

Wait until we have to sing it at Gillingham next season, that's when it'll really hit home to those who sang it.

I'm a big believer in what goes around comes around, things go full circle and all that.

IF we ever get to the big time again, I hope that we (as in fans) treat it with more dignity and respect this time around, and don't expect it to be or God given right.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on April 05, 2015, 02:50:07 PM
Quote from: GrahamG on April 05, 2015, 01:47:53 PM

Why? It's just a bit of banter between fans - nothing spiteful in it.

Bournemouth were singing about being top of the league a few weeks back. It won't last forever, just enjoying it why they can.

0001.jpeg

Fulham76

Quote from: Wearethewhites on April 05, 2015, 02:53:01 PM
Wait until we have to sing it at Gillingham next season, that's when it'll really hit home to those who sang it.

I'm a big believer in what goes around comes around, things go full circle and all that.

IF we ever get to the big time again, I hope that we (as in fans) treat it with more dignity and respect this time around, and don't expect it to be or God given right.

How did we disrespect it last time?

Baszab

I know quite a few Brentford fans who have been bearing a grudge for 15 years since we sang that song - it really rankled them and nothing has given them more satisfaction to stuff us on Friday

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Baszab on April 05, 2015, 04:59:14 PM
I know quite a few Brentford fans who have been bearing a grudge for 15 years since we sang that song - it really rankled them and nothing has given them more satisfaction to stuff us on Friday

We'll most likely beat Brentford next season (twice), we'll most likely see the Premiership again at some point, and Brentford the small Club down the road will go back to hating us for another 15 years. However, the way this season has gone, it didn't shock me one bit that they stuffed us 4-1 at home, it was just the way we lost. Writing was on the wall as soon as we got relegated, and they got promoted, we knew it was coming. Let them have their day, they've earned it.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 05, 2015, 06:21:24 PM
I am not sure if you have noticed but we are only 25 points behind the play offs.

We were always going to be 25 points behind the playoffs, this season, and possibly next as well (if we don't go down that is). Never in a million years was FFC going to bounce straight back up, well not after what that idiot Magath was allowed to do to us anyway. If we pull our socks up next season, it'll be another of stabilization and rebuilding, not automatic promotion, which most fans think is our God given right.   

HillingdonFFC

B*%@×s to em, yes it wound them , and QPR up . Brentford conveniently forgetting how they belted out flats on the Cottage while the rest of football sympathised with our plight

hovewhite

Not now bothered about where we end up this season ,will right this year off and buy my season ticket for next season hopin for better.

Fulham76

Football fans remembering, and holding a grudge, against a harmless chant from 15 years ago???  I very much doubt it.
Unbelievable that a song from the fans of a successful team caused so much upset, and if it did, they need to grow some balls.
Nothing offensive, simply a run of the mill song from the fans of a team on the way up.
I've been to hundreds of games over the last 15 years & not one song/chant from another set of fans sticks in my mind.
Absolutely crazy that some of our fans really believe this song had an impact on anyone's lives, let alone sticking with them for 15 years!
Maybe a good idea if these sensitive types steer clear of any interaction of any type, with anyone.

Jims Dentist

What goes around, comes around.

Don't want to sound like a know it all, but I thought this at the time the song was all the rage.

Arrogance rarely pays, long term.

JHaynes Paperboy

0001.jpeg
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on April 05, 2015, 08:17:07 PM

B*%@×s to em, yes it wound them , and QPR up . Brentford conveniently forgetting how they belted out flats on the Cottage while the rest of football sympathised with our plight 0001.jpeg