watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Too many passengers in our side

Started by colinwhite, April 04, 2015, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

At this level no team  can afford any passengers in their side . We have several in every game . Add to this the fact that our best performers yesterday were our loan signings (ie players out of form other wise they would not have come to us for game time) and it can
be no surprise that we have problems . At 2-1 down we bring on kavanagh as our final substitution . he's a good young lad but he is never game changer !
Too many of our players just aren't good enough . The question is not so much which  players we get rid of but which ones we keep . Have we got the basis of a side for next year  ? Its getting harder for every game to see it.

If we have any ambition to be a top side in this division then Kaka , Tunnicliffe , Hutchinson , Bodurov , and  hoogland , aren't good enough . we have lots of players who have potential (too numerous to mention ), but at present art good enough either . They are not players I want to have a go at ,but  they simply are not the finished article .
We have parker and ruiz who are both ball retainers playing out of position and Macormack who needs better players around him . we have been lacking pace all season and it costs us every week .
Good luck to the man who is going to try to sort it all out but it its now clear to me that Kit is clearly not up to the job for a whole range of reasons , that we have all seen .
For the remaining games of the season we need to focus on being solid , not playing  expansive attacking football . Stop concedeing , and try to hit teams on the break and we may have a chance of staying up .

HV71

Send in Danny - he knows how to deal with passengers

colinwhite

Alternatively we could use his bus to ship out all the dead wood !

HV71

Quote from: colinwhite on April 04, 2015, 09:51:51 PM
Alternatively we could use his bus to ship out all the dead wood !

Not big enough sadly it's a single decker

dannyboi-ffc

As soon as I read the title I knew, I just knew what was coming lol. You guys just cant resist it now can ya!

Ding ding All Aboard!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

davew

Just abandon ship, oh forgot the Captain goes 1st and we haven't got one and the owner of the ship where is he, qui sais (who knows)??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

love4ffc

On the way to one of the misses work dinners  090.gif. Popped in real quick to check the board. 

Agree to much dead wait.  Also agree lots of potential and even a few loans I'd like to stay.  We all know we need to bring in some more experienced energetic skilled players.  Hopefully the hunt is already on and this summer is an exciting one for us. 

This summer will be crucial and defining for us as a club.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Jonaldiniho 88

There are too many passengers but you can do a lot with good tactics and well drilled players. I like tunni. I saw him vs Leeds and he was committed and didn't stop. I saw a lot of promise in him. Definitely not a passenger. If he could learn to sit and cover the back four he could do a really good job for us. Bod was everyone's player of the season in the first half. I don't think it's a coincidence that nobody who comes into this defence does well. It may be they are all not good enough, it may be they aren't being coached/played properly, it's probably both. Can't argue with the rest of those u list but not that want him near our club but pulis would have them playing with structure and as a sum greater than all parts (I do know the score today haha).

YoungsBitter

I think it is less passengers than a driver who does not know the right route. These are not bad players but they lack a good leader and direction. Occasionally individual mistakes occur and performances dip but it's just nothelped by poor managerial decisions.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: YoungsBitter on April 04, 2015, 11:58:27 PM
I think it is less passengers than a driver who does not know the right route. These are not bad players but they lack a good leader and direction. Occasionally individual mistakes occur and performances dip but it's just nothelped by poor managerial decisions.

Yes that's what I meant to say

Lighthouse

The bus is run by a company that has no idea how to run a bus company. The passengers are all unable to sit in the seats without wandering about like The Walking Dead. The driver has no clue where he is going.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Greek

Some managers are what is know as 'firemen.' They can take a group of demotivated or average players and turn them into some sort of unit, capable of getting points from games.

You need a manager like that because, like with Magath, the wrong person is in charge.

Berserker

Yes need one of those managers Greek
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bobbo

Yes too many of em and they've all been named and shamed in this post.
FACT :-
Brentford didn't have better players , they were better coached,fitter and had a game plan and also were better motivated.

82 goals conceded last season and 72 this is a joke.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Artful Dodger

We are damned if we do and damned if we don't really. We all know the squad needs an overhaul but bringing in a new manager has it's risks - look at what Magath did. I am not saying Kit is the man to do it, but I am now really concerned about what will happen this summer after the disaster last summer. We can't afford (in playing terms) to have 11 new starters in mid August again and that is the risk given we had 4 loanees playing Saturday.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

mikestrand

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 05, 2015, 12:35:35 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on April 04, 2015, 09:39:46 PM
At this level no team  can afford any passengers in their side . We have several in every game . Add to this the fact that our best performers yesterday were our loan signings (ie players out of form other wise they would not have come to us for game time) and it can
be no surprise that we have problems . At 2-1 down we bring on kavanagh as our final substitution . he's a good young lad but he is never game changer !
Too many of our players just aren't good enough . The question is not so much which  players we get rid of but which ones we keep . Have we got the basis of a side for next year  ? Its getting harder for every game to see it.

If we have any ambition to be a top side in this division then Kaka , Tunnicliffe , Hutchinson , Bodurov , and  hoogland , aren't good enough . we have lots of players who have potential (too numerous to mention ), but at present art good enough either . They are not players I want to have a go at ,but  they simply are not the finished article .
We have parker and ruiz who are both ball retainers playing out of position and Macormack who needs better players around him . we have been lacking pace all season and it costs us every week .
Good luck to the man who is going to try to sort it all out but it its now clear to me that Kit is clearly not up to the job for a whole range of reasons , that we have all seen .
For the remaining games of the season we need to focus on being solid , not playing  expansive attacking football . Stop concedeing , and try to hit teams on the break and we may have a chance of staying up .

I share your concerns, however, Who are the real passengers.  I feel it's the Chairman Manager of the team and his staff.
I do not feel that it as bad as it may look.
We all realise surgery needs to be done. Certain players shouldvbe offloaded. We certainly need new players quality players, whether it's Championship or Division One, we will not be as great attraction as we were when we were in the Premier League. But that's the challenge, for any Manager, to build a team out if the remnants of our squad with additions to be signed in the close season.
You say you wish the new Manager luck, as we all would, as every Manager welcolmes a little luck, assuming as we all hope there is a new Manager.
If commonsense prevails, there will be, and this is the key.
Yes we may have some passengers, but that's not so much the problem as the present Manager and his Staff, he and they are the real passengers. Due to the inability to organise a decent well balanced defence, and a system of play that will suit the players, without player them out of position to accommodate other players. Okay the right team from the start on merit, and make the right Subs earlier, and show some passion and Leadership, and take responsibility when things go wrong.
Providing the right Manager for the job is recruited. He should be able to bring out the best in some players who have hit a brick wall and appear to not be achieving their earlier promise. Bearing in mind our present squad is enriched with some promising youngsters under the right guidance. But we all recognise that that's not enough, we need quality to be added, and the right Manager should have a network of players he can attract and influence to come to Fulham for the right reasons.
So if I have identified that the real passengers which I believe are the real problems. Then starting with replacing the Manager, if a fairly experienced Manager of English Football can be recruited who has all the right contacts and credentials who can attract players and has a good track record, then the other pieces of the Jigsaw will fall into place.
Fulham may have to pay a Kings Ransom, but you generally get what you pay for.
So the priority is to replace the Manager as soon as it is possible, he is the real passenger.
0001.jpeg

Lighthouse

The players that may improve are at best squad players. I can think of possible two or three players worth their place. Otherwise there is not one position that is good enough.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

colinwhite