News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If only we had done what Norwich have done...

Started by JackyFulham90, April 08, 2015, 01:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBride78

It's not all doom and gloom.  If and when we secure our survival this year, we have a chance to build a sustainable team to run for promotion and to stay at a Prem level.  As someone mentioned earlier, Norwich had a lower wage bill.  Well, the clear out did help with that, as will the departure of Ruiz.  I figure the greek, Stek, Amore, are all gone, perhaps we can raise some cash in the departure.

I dont pretend to know who, perhaps that depends on who the manager is and what tactics are to be used, but we need a handful of proven, talented players this summer.  We should have the financial ability to do so with so much clear out of wages.  Seems like half the squad is on loan to us, so those wages also free up.

Whats done is done.  I have read several good pieces on how we got here, but currently am more excited by where we have the opportunity to go next.  There is more youth active in this squad now than in anytime during my short tenure following FFC (since around 2005).  We need 4-5 solid experienced players added around them and we should be on our way to a brighter future. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: McBride78 on April 08, 2015, 05:04:51 PM
It's not all doom and gloom.  If and when we secure our survival this year, we have a chance to build a sustainable team to run for promotion and to stay at a Prem level.  As someone mentioned earlier, Norwich had a lower wage bill.  Well, the clear out did help with that, as will the departure of Ruiz.  I figure the greek, Stek, Amore, are all gone, perhaps we can raise some cash in the departure.

I dont pretend to know who, perhaps that depends on who the manager is and what tactics are to be used, but we need a handful of proven, talented players this summer.  We should have the financial ability to do so with so much clear out of wages.  Seems like half the squad is on loan to us, so those wages also free up.

Whats done is done.  I have read several good pieces on how we got here, but currently am more excited by where we have the opportunity to go next.  There is more youth active in this squad now than in anytime during my short tenure following FFC (since around 2005).  We need 4-5 solid experienced players added around them and we should be on our way to a brighter future. 

I sincerely hope you are right.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 08, 2015, 03:42:20 PM
You say all this, but I think most of them would have left anyway. Kasami will probably build a career off that goal at Palace for example. Heitenga was out of contract, as were a couple of others. Sidwell would probably have gone to Stoke as well. Richardson and Dejagah built up enough good games towards the end that they would have left as well.

I'd have liked to have kept all the above players but, realistically, Mr. Lightning is probably correct.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Lighthouse

Quote from: McBride78 on April 08, 2015, 05:04:51 PM

The only thing stopping us is the fact we have had plenty of opportunity to turn things around and have continued to make things worse. The brighter future keeps becoming harder to believe in.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope