watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you rather be Wigan?

Started by robert, April 08, 2015, 09:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert

Wigan like us are on a serious decline.However,even if they continue to descend they can always point to the fact that they have won the FA cup and this will remain no matter what happens to them.Although we did well getting to a European final and the FA cup we won nothing.There is nothing to remember us for.This is why for me Wigan are in a better position,historically speaking.Will we ever win anything worthwhile or just fade into obscurity?

Oakeshott

No, I'd much rather be us. We have much more history, a totally unique ground, and plenty for those of us who have been around a while to remember with great pleasure. Yes, it would have been great to have beaten West Ham in that Cup Final, but for a club of our size getting there was in itself great.

Twig

Quote from: Oakeshott on April 08, 2015, 10:00:52 AM
No, I'd much rather be us. We have much more history, a totally unique ground, and plenty for those of us who have been around a while to remember with great pleasure. Yes, it would have been great to have beaten West Ham in that Cup Final, but for a club of our size getting there was in itself great.

:plus one: It is about far more than winning and I would really hope every Fulham supporter grasps that fundamental point.

Bronaldinho

Wouldn't change Fulham in any aspect.

The Europa journey's have provided more memories than any Final could. The away days across Europe, Juventus night, away at Roma, Donetsk, Wolfsburg etc. We've danced with the best teams in the land. We've attracted some tremendous players to the club because of that.

Whilst Wigan's FA Cup glory was a tremendous feat, I wouldn't swap clubs at all. Craven Cottage, the atmosphere, the set of fans we have are unique. It's a like a family at Fulham and that's priceless.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

dannyboi-ffc

But in all honesty who remembers or cares about portsmouth? You may point to the fact we have never won anything but how many clubs have won the FA Cup? Probably over 30. How many have played in a major European final? 17 and we are one of those.

How many clubs have a ground regarded as one of the most intimate, historical and unique in the country? Do Wigan?

Fulham are the first and ONLY club to ever reach 100 points in a domestic season twice. Which is again unique in its own right.

We aren't a club built on trophies, success to us is completely different. Of course winning something would be very special but it should be special to us, what does it matter about a legacy or going down in history. We made our own bit of history in the last era and the fact no one else cares but us should make the bond between us and the club even greater.

I am not worried about relegation because of what others might think or if brentford fans want to laugh. I moan and dont want Kit as manager because I want the best for my club and pondering relegation with a kid as a chairman, no fans and 1 trophy will never compare to the heritage we have.

There's only one team in fulham and its not the club that wins everything
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

robert

Yes I agree with all replies.If I would have supported a team just because they won trophies I might have been like a chelscum down the road.As a supporter for 45 plus years I have never regreted following Fulham and I suspect more football loving people in the UK like us better than our rivals!!

mullers

I agree too, but I can't get the coach journeys to and from the hotel and the Hamburg stadium for the final out of my mind. Going, it was all laughter and jokes and what a great season it's been regardless, coming back there was silence and some pained and bitter comments.
I don't expect trophies and there are more important enjoyable things about the club and the Cottage; but my recording of the final is stopped at 1-1 and even now I can't watch it to the end. A Euro final was more than I've ever dreamed of but part of me is desperate to the club succeed at a Wembley final. I still believe though...

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 08, 2015, 02:30:56 PM
I would rather be George Clooney.

Think I'd rather be DiCaprio. That guy, in addition to his wealth and fame, has somehow worked out how to date boat loads of women - literally.

Getting back on topic, Wigan and their FA Cup don't compare for me. Sure, I'd love for Fulham to have an FA Cup win but, I wouldn't trade our European adventure for it - not in a million years. That FA Cup final is certainly a memory that will never fade but, Fulham have home and away triumphs against Shoktar Donetsk, Hamburg, Wolfsburg, and Juventus that all meet that criteria. That Juventus victory was one for the ages no matter if you're a Fulham supporter or not. And, even though we eventually lost in the Final, we took Atletico Madrid to extra time in an atmosphere that was extraordinary.

Let Wigan have their Cup and their pride in it. I consider myself lucky to have chosen Fulham and had the experiences with this great club that I have been privileged to enjoy.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

nose

Answer to the OP
I would hate to be from wigan and a wigan supporter
so what if they won the fa cuP

I have nothing against wigan per se as a place or the people that live there, but i love what we have and are. I wouldn't change anything, except the board and the first team

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 08, 2015, 03:13:34 PM

Think I'd rather be DiCaprio. That guy, in addition to his wealth and fame, has somehow worked out how to date boat loads of women - literally.

Getting back on topic, Wigan and their FA Cup don't compare for me. Sure, I'd love for Fulham to have an FA Cup win but, I wouldn't trade our European adventure for it - not in a million years. That FA Cup final is certainly a memory that will never fade but, Fulham have home and away triumphs against Shoktar Donetsk, Hamburg, Wolfsburg, and Juventus that all meet that criteria. That Juventus victory was one for the ages no matter if you're a Fulham supporter or not. And, even though we eventually lost in the Final, we took Atletico Madrid to extra time in an atmosphere that was extraordinary.

Let Wigan have their Cup and their pride in it. I consider myself lucky to have chosen Fulham and had the experiences with this great club that I have been privileged to enjoy.

Hmmm boat loads eh, apparently he once did it standing up in a Canoe whilst on a lake.  Although I am waiting for confirmation of this by my advisors.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

YankeeJim

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 08, 2015, 03:13:34 PM

:plus one:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Travers Barney

Wouldn't change my Fulham supporting life and all the many rich experiences in terms of friendships and emotions that has brought me but can't help feeling a tad envious of the joy Wigan supporters must have experienced when Watson scored that goal so late in the final

Only felt the pain of what might of been from Hamburg two weeks after the final.....peculiar/wretched sensation it was.

coyw

We are the whites