watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You know who you are -

Started by H4usuallysitting, April 12, 2015, 11:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

- At the Wigan game on Friday, a couple (3) of blokes behind me in H4 were talking about Matt Smith.......one of the chaps was saying he's crap he should be replaced immediately, he doesn't offer the team anything, all he can do his head the ball (you get the picture).....he then said at precisely 34 minutes and around 40 seconds that Cauley should come on.....At the precise time he said "on" Smith scored one of the best goals ive seen at the Cottage........around 20 or so of us turned around towards him from different directions and just laughed and pointed at him, with some saying the exits over there mate....to be fair he did take it well.......but it was one of those Fulham moments.

HatterDon

The Supporters version of "The Commentators Curse"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Sgt Fulham

I remember when Ruiz came on against Cardiff at home last season I groaned and started to list the reasons why he was a poor player. About a minute in he shut me up with a great finish which I believe one poster has a gif of.

Served me right!

Bronaldinho

He's not the only one to give it the one dimensional description of Matt Smith, but the big man doesn't get the credit he deserves so I'm glad he scored that beauty on Friday.

He holds up the ball very well, and actually has very good footwork for a target man and his partnership with Ross is natural and should be a foundation to build this club back up again.

P.S. Had a friend tell me that Ravel Morrison was better than Kasami just before he scored the best goal I've seen in ages against Palace. Ahh that was a good feeling
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Burt

Before we even saw him play, Smith was being labelled as only worth using as part of a long ball game who can only use his head.

Now that we have started to see him play more, it is clear that there is more to his game.

The moral of the story is not to pre-judge things based on heresay, but to judge things through your own observation.

dannyboi-ffc

Haha good post H4! I did exactly the same thing last season at home to west ham. Nolan was off and we were still struggling to find the winner so I stood up and lost my rag with berbatov telling him how lazy and arrogant he was. Take him off!!!!! Suddenly parker in the box and the ball bounced to berba for an easy tap in. Everyone laughed at me and I felt like such a fool. Still cant stand berbatov though lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Airfix

Similar to me and a mate talking about Kavanagh at the Norwich game.  Just over 20 minutes in, we were saying that he offered us nothing and should be substituted.  Two minutes later he slapped the only goal of the game past their 'keeper.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 13, 2015, 01:43:05 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 13, 2015, 01:35:06 PM
Haha good post H4! I did exactly the same thing last season at home to west ham. Nolan was off and we were still struggling to find the winner so I stood up and lost my rag with berbatov telling him how lazy and arrogant he was. Take him off!!!!! Suddenly parker in the box and the ball bounced to berba for an easy tap in. Everyone laughed at me and I felt like such a fool. Still cant stand berbatov though lol

Tell me Danny, I noticed that another poster Man on a Bus has a Red Double Decker on his posts, is it the same model as yours, his was there before yours, so are you allowed to have two of the same, and is it your cunning plan and hidden agenda to mobilise a whole Fleet of Double Deckers on this Forum ? 

My bus is better than his lol. But if we join forces just think how powerful we could be? We could take over the world! And the club wouldnt have to worry about away travel ever again, two buses ought to do it
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

King_Crud

if a player did something wonderful just after I'd slagged them (under my breath of course) off then we'd win by 20 goals every game

blingo

Tell me Danny, I noticed that another poster Man on a Bus has a Red Double Decker on his posts, is it the same model as yours, his was there before yours, so are you allowed to have two of the same, and is it your cunning plan and hidden agenda to mobilise a whole Fleet of Double Deckers on this Forum ? 

You know what its like Mr W, you wait ages for a bus, then two come at once.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: blingo on April 13, 2015, 07:42:43 PM

You know what its like Mr W, you wait ages for a bus, then two come at once.

of course then you choose to take the 2nd bus for some strange reason only to discover that it is off duty. then you're back to waiting again.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

General

Let's be brutally honest - he is a lump of a player. Even McCormack didn't think his shot was going in and he was largely ineffective before then. He runs at the pace of an average pub player and that is an issue.

He can though be of use, but no one can genuinely say he's someone you'd like to see lead the line long term. He's not good enough for that. I do prefer Cauley Woodrow though.

H4usuallysitting

General.... It wasn't you was it?

JoeBartramFFC

That was me, although i don't get where this "he can only head the ball" thing came from? I said he wins every header sarcastically. Goal was deflected as well.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: General on April 13, 2015, 10:34:51 PM
Let's be brutally honest - he is a lump of a player. Even McCormack didn't think his shot was going in and he was largely ineffective before then. He runs at the pace of an average pub player and that is an issue.

He can though be of use, but no one can genuinely say he's someone you'd like to see lead the line long term. He's not good enough for that. I do prefer Cauley Woodrow though.

If we had fast wingers that could actually cross, Smith would be very useful. Grant Holt couldn't run fast and he scored plenty of goals in this league. In a diamond formation, I don't see much point in playing him.

JoeBartramFFC

Quote from: Jack Fulham on April 14, 2015, 08:55:53 AM

If we had fast wingers that could actually cross, Smith would be very useful. Grant Holt couldn't run fast and he scored plenty of goals in this league. In a diamond formation, I don't see much point in playing him.

That was basically my point, the system we're persisting with doesn't suit playing him from the start.

love4ffc

Quote from: JoeBartramFFC on April 14, 2015, 03:16:53 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on April 14, 2015, 08:55:53 AM

That was basically my point, the system we're persisting with doesn't suit playing him from the start.

Sorry but I think this is a very unfair statement.  Yes if we had wingers Smith would be a very useful lad to have up top. However Smith has proven that he is more then just a big lunk head.  He's actually shown he is pretty good with his feet and that being as big as he is he can also hold up play very well. 

Smith puts in a great shift every time he steps on the pitch and I for one hope he is here next season. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

filham

[/quote

Yes and he has those nasty habits of troubling defences, winning headers and putting the ball in the net, not at all what we need this season, he spoils our pattern of play.

EJL

He *was* pretty ineffective before the goal went in, and didn't do too much afterwards due to being absolutely knackered.