https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can someone tell me how Mr Khan has been so successful

Started by Andy S, April 16, 2015, 12:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

in his business and such a huge disapointment as a football chairman

HatterDon

Probably because he's not nearly as stupid as many on this board appear to think he is.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Andy S on April 16, 2015, 12:38:45 AM
in his business and such a huge disapointment as a football chairman

Probably because he started his business from the roots up rather than buying into a team in a tough league in the country with the most competitive league(s)  in the world. I don't want kit next season as I feel we are under performing if performing at all. Now I could place that blame in khan with just as much justification but i don't. Be it a feeling in my gut or that I think he has done everything he can do or a mix I don't know. A better manager could do better with these players. Has our owner scrimpted on manager fees? Got league winners in?  Bought multiple 11mil players? It's not worked but to miss quote the great Richie benaud " to be a good captain (owner/manager) it is 90% luck and 10% skill. But don't try it without the skill". Khan will gain skill and has had the worst luck.

Sgt Fulham

The only thing I dislike about Khan is his lack of presence at the cottage. Cant say he has cheaped out though.

..FOF..

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on April 16, 2015, 01:48:06 AM

Probably because he started his business from the roots up rather than buying into a team in a tough league in the country with the most competitive league(s)  in the world. I don't want kit next season as I feel we are under performing if performing at all. Now I could place that blame in khan with just as much justification but i don't. Be it a feeling in my gut or that I think he has done everything he can do or a mix I don't know. A better manager could do better with these players. Has our owner scrimpted on manager fees? Got league winners in?  Bought multiple 11mil players? It's not worked but to miss quote the great Richie benaud " to be a good captain (owner/manager) it is 90% luck and 10% skill. But don't try it without the skill". Khan will gain skill and has had the worst luck.

This.

If you read some business books or lean startup methods, building from scratch slowly is less risky and can leave you with time to rectify any mistakes along the way.

Investing heavily without testing much on a smaller scale any ideas or ventures is higher risk. When the problem arise you are left with little to no time to rectify it immediately without making another huge investment.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on April 16, 2015, 03:11:59 AM
The only thing I dislike about Khan is his lack of presence at the cottage. Cant say he has cheaped out though.

I don't think it's the only thing but that sits as a major gripe with me too.  At least with Mo his presence was there throughout the good and bad times and you knew he was going through exactly the same emotions that us fans were.

It is also a hell of a lot easier to spot how bad things are when you see it with your own eyes.
¡COYW!

grandad

I don´t think there are FFP rules in the motor parts industry. He can invest in the best as he wishes.
The same is true with the NFL I believe.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

Quote from: grandad on April 16, 2015, 07:16:14 AM
I don´t think there are FFP rules in the motor parts industry. He can invest in the best as he wishes.
The same is true with the NFL I believe.
NFL have a salary cap which limits what they can do to a degree, but I do not think it is as strict as the FFP in the championship.

Although doesn't that change form next season as well?
Every day is a Fulham day

Roberty

Quote from: The Enclosurite on April 16, 2015, 07:11:49 AM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on April 16, 2015, 03:11:59 AM

I don't think it's the only thing but that sits as a major gripe with me too.  At least with Mo his presence was there throughout the good and bad times and you knew he was going through exactly the same emotions that us fans were.

It is also a hell of a lot easier to spot how bad things are when you see it with your own eyes.

You don't need to be a the Cottage to spot how bad things are - the results always tell the story and I would be sure SK sees them

I would suggest that the new management recruits are his response and the first steps that he is going to be take to try to improve them

Lucky for Mo - he sold up and got out just in time - I am sure it was his good luck and not part of any plan
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy