Main Menu

Never mind the sack

Started by blingo, April 16, 2015, 10:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: epsomraver on April 16, 2015, 03:00:19 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 16, 2015, 02:54:43 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 16, 2015, 01:18:45 PM
Why would he quit? He has saved a side from relegation (probably) with not one penny being used in transfer funds. I know the repeated argument that anybody could have done it. But the fact is he did what he was supposed to do.

If a new manager comes in in the Summer we will be having this conversation next year.

Its official thats now 22, 000 times you have posted this.
Are you a Parrot stuck in a pet shop somewhere?
Not only would someone else have come in and kept us up, they would most
Probably got us in the playoffs. .
I will say again when he took over and we shot up the league you werent saying
the players wern't good enough then, No you didnt.
There now your not the only one that can repost something they said before.
"Who's A Pretty Boy Then.."..Polly Put The Kettle On..
064.gif 064.gif

Blimey is he still attacking me? I have him on my ignore list. Odd that I am repeating myself since day one. Yet he accuses me of NOT saying this squad was weak from day one. Yet I have repeated that as often. Still glad to be his obsession.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I have it on very good authority that we may appoint a new manager in the summer, or we may not.
Watch this poster for further developments.
And remember you will hear it from me long after others have exposed the story.
One rumour I can confirm is that we will be exchanging Love Bite for James Husband in the not too distant past.

Is it Groundhog Day ?
Is it Groundhog Day ?
Is it Groundhog Day ?
Is it Groundhog Day ?

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

FFC1987

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 16, 2015, 02:24:31 PM
I'm sorry but, why on Earth would he quit? He seems dead certain that he's the man for the job and that he's the one to rebuild the squad. His results have obviously not been that great. At the same time, we were assured of relegation under Magath and that has certainly changed, in part due to Kit.

He's seemingly not been given a true opportunity to mold the squad into his own and, if you'll forgive the Three Little Pigs metaphor, Magath's roster was pretty much a straw house facing the wolves of the Championship. I believe that there was money to spend in January. I also believe that there were restrictions put on Kit's ability to bring in players with that money and that kept us quiet. Any manager would struggle with this roster. That's no knocks on the individual players, just the overall roster.

I'm not at all sure that he's the man to take us forward but, to suggest that the best course of action for him and his career is to tuck tail and run is just ridiculous.

Whereas getting to the end of the season with a terrible record and potentially sacked would do his CV wonders.....We were assured relegation under Magath. That's pretty subjective. for all we now under Felix we could of finished on more points and the smelly cheese could have kicked in. I won't attribute this dreadful season as a success in any form to kit that his management saved us from relegation as that's stupidly ridiculous. THE SQUAD IS NOT THAT BAD, its poorly managed. That's my subjective argument.

f321ffc

A massive 16 points out of a possible 63 since we beat Sheffield W before Christmas = the sack and deservedly so in my book. 096.gig
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Skatzoffc

I cant see him quitting tbh.

I think that when he goes at the end of the season, he should join Monty Python.
His post match talk is verging on the hilarious as his delusions increase with every footballing debacle.

I'm the boss and so is my wife!

lol
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

cmg

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 16, 2015, 03:28:36 PM

Is it Groundhog Day ?
Is it Groundhog Day ?
Is it Groundhog Day ?
Is it Groundhog Day ?

No chance.
Groundhog Day was original, entertaining, successful and popular. It was well-planned and cleverly directed. There were fine performances from most of the stars (sorry Andie), who had excellent support. It has a heartening and triumphant conclusion and was incredibly profitable.

Perhaps Heaven's Gate?

The Enclosurite

The problem we have now though is that Kit has lost the fans (and he will be well aware of this).  If we start the season poorly we could once again find ourselves looking for a new manager 10 games into the season and the whole circus begins again!
¡COYW!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 16, 2015, 03:58:34 PM
I'm sorry but, why on Earth would he quit? He seems dead certain that he's the man for the job and that he's the one to rebuild the squad. His results have obviously not been that great. At the same time, we were assured of relegation under Magath and that has certainly changed, in part due to Kit.

He's seemingly not been given a true opportunity to mold the squad into his own and, if you'll forgive the Three Little Pigs metaphor, Magath's roster was pretty much a straw house facing the wolves of the Championship. I believe that there was money to spend in January. I also believe that there were restrictions put on Kit's ability to bring in players with that money and that kept us quiet. Any manager would struggle with this roster. That's no knocks on the individual players, just the overall roster.

I'm not at all sure that he's the man to take us forward but, to suggest that the best course of action for him and his career is to tuck tail and run is just ridiculous.

Whereas getting to the end of the season with a terrible record and potentially sacked would do his CV wonders.....We were assured relegation under Magath. That's pretty subjective. for all we now under Felix we could of finished on more points and the smelly cheese could have kicked in. I won't attribute this dreadful season as a success in any form to kit that his management saved us from relegation as that's stupidly ridiculous. THE SQUAD IS NOT THAT BAD, its poorly managed. That's my subjective argument.

Put it this way, I'd rather have "stuck it out, worked, and survived" (I'm confident we are going to) on my CV than "jumped ship because I was afraid to get relegated" on it. You don't get kudos in interviews by saying "I quit on Fulham because I love the club so much."

Yes it is pretty subjective stating that we were relegated with Magath. It's an opinion based upon my memory of the way we were playing under the man at the time of his dismissal and previous to that. Combine that with the roster he'd "constructed" and I don't believe it's too much of a stretch to say we were fast tracking ourselves toward relegation. There's a fair amount of evidence that there were many at the club whose profession is the business of football who agreed with me. I'm comfortable with my statement. Are you saying that you didn't feel that way at the time??? Perhaps you were joking a bit there.

How is attributing our survival in any small way to Kit "stupidly ridiculous"? Are you saying that every point we got had absolutely nothing to do with him or his decision-making? Please provide some evidence to support your opinion, if so.

The squad is poorly constructed and overly reliant on young players who, for the most part, have had no business being relied upon for a full season of Championship football. There is even less reason to rely upon the youngsters for a push for promotion or a relegation fight.

I never said that Kit managed the squad well. I never said that he should be carried over for another season. I said that it is absurd (ridiculous, if we're being picky) to expect the man to quit his job.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

FFC1987

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 16, 2015, 07:13:43 PM

Put it this way, I'd rather have "stuck it out, worked, and survived" (I'm confident we are going to) on my CV than "jumped ship because I was afraid to get relegated" on it. You don't get kudos in interviews by saying "I quit on Fulham because I love the club so much."

Yes it is pretty subjective stating that we were relegated with Magath. It's an opinion based upon my memory of the way we were playing under the man at the time of his dismissal and previous to that. Combine that with the roster he'd "constructed" and I don't believe it's too much of a stretch to say we were fast tracking ourselves toward relegation. There's a fair amount of evidence that there were many at the club whose profession is the business of football who agreed with me. I'm comfortable with my statement. Are you saying that you didn't feel that way at the time??? Perhaps you were joking a bit there.

How is attributing our survival in any small way to Kit "stupidly ridiculous"? Are you saying that every point we got had absolutely nothing to do with him or his decision-making? Please provide some evidence to support your opinion, if so.

The squad is poorly constructed and overly reliant on young players who, for the most part, have had no business being relied upon for a full season of Championship football. There is even less reason to rely upon the youngsters for a push for promotion or a relegation fight.

I never said that Kit managed the squad well. I never said that he should be carried over for another season. I said that it is absurd (ridiculous, if we're being picky) to expect the man to quit his job.

I think we're at cross purposes here. I'm not saying kit should quit right this second, just step down at the end of the season. I begrudge a man picking up a nice leaving package because he's done a terrible job, thats just my prejudice though.

I think if we're happy to condemn the season to Magath and give praise to Kit for keeping us up, that is ridiculous because we can attribute just as many points dropped to kit as we can to points achieved so however you look at it, the seasons been a disaster. The way we are playing now, isn't far off how we were under Magath and that was my point. For all we know the madness might have turned into points but correctly, he wasn't given the time to do this just as kit shouldn't be given time in tenure past the end of this season.

dannyboi-ffc

Woolly I reckon I could possibly get him a job in the canteen but I wouldnt trust him behind the wheel of a bus, he'd find it hard to find the exit at roundabouts. He seems to go round in circles!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 17, 2015, 12:23:34 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 16, 2015, 07:13:43 PM

I think we're at cross purposes here. I'm not saying kit should quit right this second, just step down at the end of the season. I begrudge a man picking up a nice leaving package because he's done a terrible job, thats just my prejudice though.

I think if we're happy to condemn the season to Magath and give praise to Kit for keeping us up, that is ridiculous because we can attribute just as many points dropped to kit as we can to points achieved so however you look at it, the seasons been a disaster. The way we are playing now, isn't far off how we were under Magath and that was my point. For all we know the madness might have turned into points but correctly, he wasn't given the time to do this just as kit shouldn't be given time in tenure past the end of this season.

Fair enough. I misread your intent with your comments, thinking you'd been suggesting quitting immediately. As for the following season, I still won't be expecting him to vacate his position as manager, just for different reasons. We can't know what he was hired to do in reality. The state of things behind the scenes at the time of his hiring likely won't ever be truly known by us - whether the club's administrators believed much more than survival was possible with this squad and in the atmosphere within the club or whether they believed that mid-table safety or a promotion place was possible at the time. We can't really know what the atmosphere has been like within the club over the course of the remainder of the season or what kinds of restraints were placed on the club in January.

For me, I've got to maintain faith in those who have been and will continue running the club. That requires that I consider the possibility that Kit will, as his demeanor continues to indicate, retain his managerial position. Is that what I want? When I get right down to it, no it isn't. I believe that I'd rather go with a more experienced man, someone who Khan would have more faith in in the transfer market and someone who would inspire more faith from the supporters and players.

Man, it sucks saying that I want a 5th manager in the space of 2 seasons.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude