watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit should stay

Started by Robbie, April 18, 2015, 06:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas White

Good man but not right for managers job.

Twig

Quote from: davew on April 18, 2015, 08:50:58 PM
Ks part of latest news conference quote "And there's a lot of work that needs to be done, there's a lot of things that have been wrong for a while now and we need to start putting them right."

So Mr Symons what have you been doing the last 36 or 37 games and you are still nowhere near getting things any better, comments like his just confirm what a state this club is in! Was it the Moody Blues who sang GO NOW???

Er, saving our skins after the Magath lunacy?

bulgariawhite

I thought Rigg had the say on manager appointment, not SK?

GloucesterWhite

No way. Anyone who read and understood MJG's great piece on the club's finances will realise that this summer is our last chance to invest heavily in a team for promotion. If we don't get there next year the chances diminish over the following years. Kit is NOT the man I would trust to build and manage a promotion team.

JackyFulham90

Kit done what he had to do but he should be moved on now or put back in the under 18s we will be nowhere near promotion next season with him in charge

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 19, 2015, 08:48:48 AM
Kit done what he had to do but he should be moved on now or put back in the under 18s we will be nowhere near promotion next season with him in charge

:plus one: The squad needs overhauling again with a Manager who can bring in established proven players in key positions. Money has to be spent and Kit does not have the ability to get the ten quality players we need for the squad.

Thanks for keeping us up Kit but at the end of the season we can all see the that the tactics and players have to change if we are to have a better season next time round.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bog

I have felt for a long time that Kit is a number 2. He knows the club.

092.gif

BigNigeBowds

I dont ever want to see him anywhere near the cottage ever again
'Hamburg host the final, Fulham play in it'

@SamBowdenFFC

gezkc

It looks like Kit has been successful in keeping us up, which looked a near impossible task when he took over, so full praise to him for that. However, I'd like to see a change of manager - much as I like Kit, I don't think he's got what it takes to move us forward. I hope he stays with the club in some capacity though.

Max Headroom

Recently his team selections have been negative and baffling, and he can't summon up the tactics to change a game when we are down

hovewhite

Not up to the job ,more suited as a number 2.

Twig

Quote from: Max Headroom on April 19, 2015, 10:48:20 AM
Recently his team selections have been negative and baffling, and he can't summon up the tactics to change a game when we are down

Look I am not blind to the issues, but unbeaten in 4 means perhaps they were not as baffling as we would like to suggest.  Barring a mathematical surprise his team selections have done the job.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Twig on April 19, 2015, 11:09:47 AM

Look I am not blind to the issues, but unbeaten in 4 means perhaps they were not as baffling as we would like to suggest.  Barring a mathematical surprise his team selections have done the job.

Three of those were teams below us, one of which was relegated already and was the most shambliest of shambles this season.  And we SCRAPED through the last two.  Setting up that defensively against the teams that we did was ludicrous, and if that's what Kit needs to do to not lose then we shouldn't want it.

epsomraver

Quote from: BigNigeBowds on April 19, 2015, 10:00:49 AM
I dont ever want to see him anywhere near the cottage ever again
[/quoteThat's good, slag off a great servant of the club for years who has taken a job he was SELECTED FOR, banish him from the club for  ever! fp.gif fp.gif

RPhillips

Ks part of latest news conference quote “And there’s a lot of work that needs to be done, there’s a lot of things that have been wrong for a while now and we need to start putting them right.”

So Mr Symons what have you been doing the last 36 or 37 games and you are still nowhere near getting things any better, comments like his just confirm what a state this club is in! Was it the Moody Blues who sang GO NOW???
Perhaps The Hollies?

RaySmith

Quote from: Twig on April 19, 2015, 11:09:47 AM

0001.jpeg

HV71

I would echo Gloucester Whites post. Next year is so important , and it's impact and outcome could establish the fortunes of the club for probably the next ten years. MJG has brilliantly outlined the issues regarding the finances of the club and we cannot afford not to be promoted next year as from then on it will become increasingly difficult to achieve that ambition.
As I have said on so many occasions previously - ask yourself the question - would Kit get a managers job in any of the four major leagues ? If the answer is " No " then how can we possibly contemplate letting him take us into a new season in the most competitive and ruthless of those leagues ?

Too big a risk we would effectively be betting the business.  - a resounding NO from me

RaySmith

Quote from: RPhillips on April 19, 2015, 11:57:35 AM
Ks part of latest news conference quote “And there’s a lot of work that needs to be done, there’s a lot of things that have been wrong for a while now and we need to start putting them right.”

Perhaps The Hollies?
https://youtu.be/h42kzEA9l8Q

But I actually think Kit deserves to keep his job, and see how he does after having the chance to bring in some fresh players -

unless someone with a more impressive track record of getting clubs promoted from the Championship becomes available and wants to take on  the Fulham job. In which case Kit could be number two if he wants it, though I'm sure he could easily get a number one job somewhere.

One Martin Thomas

I cannot see Kit staying.  They should move now for the manager and give him two matches to cast an eye on what he's got.  Who ?  I don't know.  Managerial stability is one thing but there has to be a competency to it too !

Skatzoffc

I agree with the majority of posters on this thread.

He is not the man for the job.
We have survived it would appear, more by luck than judgement tho imo.

By all means move him back to the 21s where he can put a fatherly arm around the youngsters and bring them on.

But he is too naive tactically for 1st team coaching in my view.
We haven't had even the faintest clue how to limit other teams' play this season.

It appears to get worse every game and that smacks of losing the dressing room to me.
We made a very poor Rotherham team look like a Brazil world cup winning team at the cottage the other night.

To do that at this end of a dreadful season proves to me he has not learnt during his tenure, and as everyone says, you need to learn fast and adapt to play in this, (and indeed any), division.

Its a no from me.

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !