watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (12/04/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 12, 2015, 08:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Mick McCarthy 'glad' about Fulham link – and so he should be. It serves as a timely reminder of his stature in the game

Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy. Photo: PAGEPIX LTD

Ipswich Town are still very much in this promotion race.

If, however, they do fall short then there will be a section of supporters who question whether manager Mick McCarthy is the man to take the club forward.

Dwelling on perceived 'long ball' tactics would be both disingenuous and unfair though because there is no doubt that the Yorkshireman has worked minor miracles in his two-and-a-half years at Portman Road.

He inherited a team that was rock-bottom and in a mess, kept them up, reduced the wage bill, laid down solid foundations with a ninth-place finish and will end up leading an improved squad to a higher position and points tally this time around. Oh, and all on a shoestring transfer budget.

The likes of Teddy Bishop, Kevin Bru, Jonny Williams, Tyrone Mings and David McGoldrick are not exactly boring players to watch either.

And that's why the Blues boss admits he was glad to hear his name linked with Championship rivals Fulham earlier this week. It was a timely reminder to fans that they've got a boss that most clubs in this division would love to have in charge.

"I had somebody tell me about that the other day and I said 'there's nothing I can do about it'," said McCarthy, when asked about the report in an Irish paper which said Cottagers owner Shahid Khan is willing to meet Town's compensation requirements to land the Blues boss on a four-year contract worth £7.3 million this summer.

"If somebody mentions my name (with another club) then it means I'm doing a good job doesn't it? That's great if somebody thinks that.

"I signed a three-year contract here last summer and am happy here. But if Manchester United come and ask for me then I'll be there.

"That is the case in point. Man United won't be asking me and I won't be going up there. I did sign that contract and I'm happy with it. I'm delighted to be here.

"I cannot do anything about what people write. Do you know what though? I'm kind of glad that my name does get a mention because I see some other names that get a mention for jobs and I think 'how the flipping hell is that happening?!'

"I've been doing this for 23 years and have as good a record in the Championship – probably better – than anybody."

Asked if it was now fashionable for owners and fans to want 'young, hungry managers with innovative new ideas', McCarthy replied: "I remember when me and Brucey (Steve Bruce) were out of work and having a little bleat about it. Maybe we are kind of seen as 'old school'. It kind of works though doesn't it? And I don't know how many new ideas people have to be honest."

Jokingly asked how long a contract he would be signing with Manchester United this summer, he quipped: "I might just ask for a six month deal there and then move on to Real Madrid! Let me just stress, I want to get promoted with us. That's my bag."

Today's opponents at Portman Road, Blackpool, had their relegation to League One confirmed this week and still need two more points to avoid finishing with the lowest points total ever in the Championship.

Lee Clark's side have picked up of late though, drawing their last three matches 1-1 (Leeds at home, Bolton away and Reading at home).

"It makes them dangerous opposition," said McCarthy. "They'll probably play with a bit of gay abandon because they have nothing to lose. It's what we do though; it's how we play. If we play to our full potential then I expect us to win every game."

When it was put to McCarthy that some supporters may be thinking his side have blown a golden shot at promotion, he replied: "The ones who start to think they've blown it will be the ones that will end up blowing it. I'm out there every day encouraging my players and telling them we can still do this. With the games that we've got there's no reason why we can't. I won't be giving up and neither will the players."

http://www.sudburymercury.co.uk/sport/mick_mccarthy_glad_about_fulham_link_and_so_he_should_be_it_serves_as_a_timely_reminder_of_his_stature_in_the_game_1_4030710

WhiteJC

Under-21s report: Chelsea 2 Fulham 2

Our Under-21s continued their unbeaten start to the season and moved up to second in the league table after a draw at Aldershot's Electrical Services Stadium this afternoon (Saturday).

A third-minute header from Izzy Brown gave the hosts an early lead before Jordan Houghton doubled the advantage shortly after the restart with a close-range finish.

However, the young Cottagers halved the deficit three minutes later through Thomas Eisfeld and the German Under-20 international earned his side a league point with a very good volley eight minutes from time,

TEAM NEWS

There were four changes from the side that drew 1-1 at Leicester City in the Under-21s' last league outing three weeks ago as Andreas Christensen and 16-year-old Jay Dasilva came into the defence alongside Alex Davey and Todd Kane, with schoolboy Dasilva making his Under-21 debut. Mitchell Beeney remained in goal, while Charly Musonda and Charlie Colkett returned to the side further up the field.

Brown led the line up front, supported by Musonda, Colkett and Jeremie Boga, while captain Houghton and Ruben Loftus-Cheek anchored in central midfield.

Eight of the Chelsea starters featured in last season's triumphant FA Youth Cup final against the Cottagers, with Colkett, Houghton, Musonda and Dasilva on the scoresheet in the two-legged tie, while Fulham involved two players from the final in goalkeeper Marek Rodak and defender Jordan Evans.

FIRST HALF

The young Blues were looking for a bright start against their west London rivals and, following a passage of good early play in possession, Adi Viveash's side grabbed the lead inside three minutes. Patient build-up play fashioned some time and space for Loftus-Cheek and the midfielder, following three goals in three games with the England Under-19s during the recent international break, fancied his chances from range. His thundering strike beat Marek Rodak in the Fulham goal but rattled the crossbar, however Brown was on hand to cleverly nod in the rebound for his second goal in as many games.

The early lead encouraged the hosts to remain patient in their attacking play and another bright move almost reaped rewards as Brown slid in Kane down the right flank, though the defender's dangerous low centre across the face of goal was just in front of the lurking attackers.

Rodak remained the busier of the goalkeepers and denied Boga twice in quick succession after 20 minutes, spreading himself to deny the young Frenchman from close range, and watching a swerving effort from range closely before relying on the alertness of defender Joshua Passley to thwart Brown on the rebound. Rodak saved from Brown and twice more from Boga, however Fulham grew into the contest and enjoyed their best spell late in the half.

A series of aerial deliveries brought some work for Christensen and Davey before Marcello Trotta ought to have levelled the scores from close range. A corner from the left caused problems and, after a few shots and close-range blocks, the loose ball fell to the forward, however the Italy Under-21 international sliced his shot off target.

SECOND HALF

The Blues started the second period similarly to the first and managed to double their advantage after 53 minutes. Dasilva advanced down the left and delivered a wicked cross that caused Rodak problems, with Houghton reacting quickest to poke in the loose ball from a couple of yards out to net his first goal of the campaign.

However, Chelsea's two-goal cushion lasted for just three minutes as the visitors broke quickly. Beeney came out and saved excellently from Ange-Freddy Plumain, though Eisfeld was in support and stroked the rebound beyond a stranded Beeney to make it 2-1.

The dynamics of the game shifted slightly with that goal and the hosts were forced to sit a little deeper and defend at times. Plumain had a great chance as a cross from the left was floated in dangerously, however missed his cue when positioned well. Substitute Alex Kiwomya had an immediate impact as he brought a good low save from Rodak following a clever pass from Loftus-Cheek on the right.

Rodak's efforts and the hosts' missed chances kept the Cottagers alive in the contest and they levelled the scores after 82 minutes as Eisfeld grabbed his second goal of the afternoon with a brilliant volley from outside the box that flew past Beeney and nestled into the bottom corner.

The final exchanges were balanced delicately, however neither side could create any further clear-cut opportunities and both had to settle for a share of the league points.

Next up for Viveash's Under-21s is a trip to Tottenham on Monday 27 October, while our Under-19 side are in UEFA Youth League action this coming week as they face Maribor at Cobham on Tuesday 21 October.

MANAGER REACTION

Viveash reflected after the game with mixed feelings about a hard-fought point won but a two-goal lead surrendered. Speaking to the official Chelsea website, he said: 'There were three facets of the game today; firstly, we started really well in the opening 20 minutes and scored a very good goal.

'It would have been fitting had Ruben's strike gone in but Izzy was alive to the rebound. We had three good opportunities after that which we didn't take and then we spoke at half-time about trying to keep a clean sheet, though it's natural that when players are tired they start to switch off a little bit.

'We got the second goal but didn't keep that lead for long enough. I think we would have managed the game better had we kept it at 2-0 for another 10 minutes but then the second key moment is our defending for Fulham's first goal, which was poor from us. Their experience showed in the last 20 minutes but the third key point is Kiwomya's chance one-on-one with the keeper. He made a good save with his leg but that could have been 3-1 for us.

'We've had Musonda, Boga and Brown with disrupted training programmes this week. It's a great credit to those three players to get through the minutes they did and for Ruben to play another 90 minutes after three games in five days with England is a big plus.

'Fankaty Dabo was ill in the warm-up so we put Jay Dasilva in and that's a great experience for a 16-year-old to come into a tough Under-21 game. He did tremendously well; he's a fine player who I think a lot of. I played him in the Youth Cup final last season as a schoolboy and this is the level he needs to be at but it's tough stepping up.'

On the subject of stepping up, Viveash finished off by discussing Dominic Solanke's involvement with the first team squad, a promotion that left him unavailable for the Under-21s this weekend.

'At 2-0 up it's always disappointing to give that away. However, that disappointment will last about 10 minutes today because ultimately we have a 17-year-old on the bench with Chelsea's first team.

'That's a reflection on everybody in the Academy and all their hard work and we hope Dominic is the first of many. It is a day for him and his family to be very proud because they've all put in a lot of work to get him where is.'

Chelsea Mitchell Beeney; Todd Kane, Alex Davey, Andreas Christensen, Jay Dasilva; Jordan Houghton (c), Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Charly Musonda (Alex Kiwomya 69), Jeremie Boga, Charlie Colkett (Kasey Palmer 64), Izzy Brown (Ola Aina 83)
Unused subs Billy Granger, Fankaty Dabo
Scorers Brown 3, Houghton 53
Booked Loftus-Cheek

Fulham Marek Rodak, Joshua Passley, Jordan Evans, Mananga Jonathan Buatu, Stephen Arthurworrey, Mark Fotheringham, Thomas Eisfeld, Lyle Della Verde, Cauley Woodrow (Solomon Sambou h/t), Ange Freddy Plumain, Marcello Trotta
Unused subs Dillion Barnes, Noe Baba, Joshua Smile
Scorer Eisfeld 56, 82
Booked Della Vella Verde

Attendance 393

By Sam Poplett

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/10/under-21-report--chelsea-2-fulham-2.html?

WhiteJC

Symons Views - Wigan (h)

The pressure, at the bottom of the table, must be relentless.

The fear of dropping into League One, thereby completing back-to-back relegations must be overwhelming, but the point gained in the 2-2 home draw with Wigan last night takes us that little bit closer to safety whilst also chipping away at the games left making the task of the clubs below us catching us just that bit more complex.

After the game, Kit Symons had a few words for the media, with the Welshman remarking about our situation,

'We're a point closer to safety and come the end of the season it might be the point that keeps us in the division.

'It's been a tough season, to put it mildly, and realistically it was probably always going to be like that. When we stay up I certainly won't be doing cartwheels, but I'll breathe a sigh of relief.'

And so will we all, let`s hope better things are over the horizon!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=395961#ixzz3X4zChZ4O

WhiteJC

Smith: My Best Goal

Matt Smith declared his stunning strike in Friday's 2-2 draw with Wigan Athletic as probably the best of his career.

With the score at 1-1 at the Cottage, the striker put the Whites back in front in superb style, picking up Ryan Tunnicliffe's pass 30 yards from goal and unleashing a brilliant shot that flew over the head of Scott Carson and nestled in the back of the net.

"I'm delighted with it," he told the official website. "In training you practice different techniques so I was happy to see it come off. I was hoping it was going to be the winning goal but a point is a point and an important one at this stage of the season.

"I just thought I'd have a pop at goal. I'm always encouraged to shoot and it sat up nicely for me. It's certainly up there as one of my best. I scored a left-footed volley for Bristol City in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy earlier this season which I was pretty pleased with but this probably just edges it."

The struggling Latics fought back for a share of the spoils in SW6, but Smith believed the point was a useful one for Fulham as they bid to edge clear of danger.

"It was difficult," he said. "Their system worked pretty well against ours. We had to really dig deep and work hard for much other. That said I thought we had some good opportunities but just made the wrong decision in the final third a couple of times.

"It probably could have gone either way but I think a point is a lot more important for us as they probably needed all three. At this stage of the season it's about churning out points on the board as opposed to performances. I'm sure, like us, there are a few frustrated fans because we didn't go gung-ho for it at the end but we needed to stop them getting points."

A tiring Smith was substituted just after the hour mark and said: "The toll of the other night at Charlton Athletic, which was a tough 90 minutes, and coming through a hard 60 here meant the Manager wanted to freshen things up. Cauley [Woodrow] came on and looked lively."

Fulham go again at the Cottage on Wednesday night when they host another team fighting for their Sky Bet Championship survival in Rotherham United.

Smith added: "It's another tough game. These sort of games, where the other team is fighting for their lives and putting everything on the line, are difficult. But we'll go for it and we're confident we can pick up the points."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/april/11/smith-one-of-my-best?

WhiteJC

What The Bosses Said - Fulham 2 Latics 2

Latics and Fulham drew 2-2 last night at Craven Cottage, an exciting game that heralded in a new era with Gary Caldwell taking charge of his first ever game as manager, it couldn't have started worse. Ross McCormack firing the hosts in front with just four minutes on the clock.

Latics battled back with an equalizer from Jermaine Pennant before Matt Smith restored Fulham's lead with a thunderbolt, Jason Pearce grabbed our second equaliser with 20 minutes of the game remaining and despite both teams going for it they had to settle for a share of the spoils.

Following the final whistle both managers spoke to the media, let's take a look at what they had to say:

Latics boss Gary Caldwell - 'I went in (to the dressing room) and straight away told the players I'm extremely proud of them.

'The way they played the game after only taking in the information we gave them over two days was brilliant.

'They played with confidence and with freedom and controlled the game for probably 80 minutes, we just let it slip for both of their goals.<

'I thought we just stopped passing the ball and that's how they scored their second.

'Overall I couldn't be happier with the way we played, we just didn't close down two shots in the first half, otherwise we probably would have won the game.'

'What we saw out there has me really looking forward to working more with this group.

'We worked on our style of play in training for the two days leading up to the game and it was coming along, but it's going to take some time to get it as good as we want it.

'Tonight it was more than I could have hoped for, especially after going behind so early.

'The lads showed a lot of character to stick by our game plan, because the nervousness could have forced us to kick it long, instead we kept playing and passing.

'We just need to work on a few things in the final third and also tighten up a little bit at the back.'

'We go again, I said that to the lads. A point's a point here and we go again with 12 points to aim for starting with Millwall on Tuesday.

'We didn't give up tonight and we pushed for the three points late in the game. We changed our shape to push more men forwards and we'll continue to be brave from now until the end of the season.'

Fulham boss Kit Symons - 'We're a point closer to safety and come the end of the season it might be the point that keeps us in the division.

'It's been a tough season, to put it mildly, and realistically it was probably always going to be like that. When we stay up I certainly won't be doing cartwheels, but I'll breathe a sigh of relief.'

Read more: http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=395971#ixzz3X4zukYPg

WhiteJC

Latics spirited display may not be enough – Fulham 2 Wigan Athletic 2

Wigan Athletic's Championship survival hopes are now hanging by a thread after last night's 2-2 draw with Fulham.

Despite a spirited performance under new manager Gary Caldwell Latics were unable to capitalise on their dominance and are now seven points from safety with only four games remaining.

Fulham took an early lead through Ross McCormack's curled shot into the bottom corner but Latics responded with an even better goal from Jermaine Pennant's superbly executed free kick.

The Cottagers regained the lead through Matt Smith's spectacular 25 yard strike, before Jason Pearce levelled for Latics on 69 minutes.

New manager Gary Caldwell made two changes from the home defeat to Derby County with Scott Carson replacing Ali Al-Habsi in-goal and Jermaine Pennant replacing Leon Clarke upfront.

Caldwell's reign got off to a disastrous start when Harry Maguire's header fell to McCormack and the former Leeds striker curled the ball past Scott Carson after only four minutes.

Wigan responded positively to the setback and started to gain control of the game.

They were rewarded on 20 minutes when James McClean's was brought down by Scott Parker 25 yards out. Jermaine Pennant stepped up and replicated his excellent free kick technique from the Rotherham victory by beating Fulham keeper Marcus Bettinelli.

Latics were now dominating possession but on 35 minutes and against the run of play Fulham were once again ahead.

Matt Smith was given plenty of space just outside the Wigan area and the former Oldham striker chipped the ball over Carson from 25 yards out.

It was a massive body blow to Wigan and they went into the interval 2-1 down.

Martyn Waghorn replaced Marc-Antoine Fortune on 56 minutes and he might have scored with his first touch. Pennant's corner was headed towards goal by McClean but Bettinelli saved with Waghorn ready to pounce.

Fulham were dangerous on the counter attack but Latics continued to control possession and finally drew level on 69 minutes.

Pennant's corner was met by a powerful header from Maguire and Jason Pearce smashed the ball into the roof of the net at the far post.

Surely Latics would now go onto win the game.

Winger Josh Murphy replaced Pennant on 83 minutes in a push to grab all three points.

Latics continued to press with McClean twice firing at goal, one went wide, the other was blocked.

In added time McClean and Waghorn tried to combine on the edge of the box, then Fulham had a chance but Gaetan Bong blocked Grimmer's effort.

A draw will probably not be enough for Latics survival, but it was a much improved performance and Caldwell was proud of his players after the game.

Wigan now go to Millwall on Tuesdsay night knowing that only a win will do if they are to have any chance of escaping the drop.

http://lets-hang-on.com/2015/04/11/latics-spirited-display-may-not-be-enough-fulham-2-wigan-athletic-2/?

WhiteJC

Understanding The Secret Footballer View on Fulham

According to the Secret Footballer, Shahid Khan is the root of Fulham's problems - Clive Rose/Getty Images

Last week an article by The Secret Footballer worried many Fulham fans. A picture was painted of a club in disarray, struggling to find a director of football because of drastic budget cuts. But are these claims truly a cause for concern and talks of a crisis?[/i]

The Secret Footballer, an anonymous British player and writer, reviewed all of the Championship clubs last week. His article on Fulham surprised many Cottagers fans with its scathing report. TSF shed light on the inside dealings at the Cottage, describing a depressing scene of a desperate search for a director of football and budget slashing. The Secret Footballer went on to criticize Fulham even more, taking shots at our home supporters, the purchase of Ross McCormack, and the appointment of Kit Symons as manager. While things are far from perfect, The Secret Footballer's comments miss the mark.

"Khan has slashed the budget at Fulham across the board"

The author claims that Shahid Khan is frantically searching for a director of football, but no one wants to come near the job. The reason, according to TSF, is that "Khan has slashed the budget at Fulham across the board." He cites a conversation with a young Fulham player he had recently.

"I was talking to a first-year pro at Fulham who had been offered £2,500 a week under the old management only to see his contract offer slashed by Khan to £1,200 a week. Take it or leave it."

The way TSF puts it, these are worrying signs that are examples of Fulham's complete mismanagement. However, these actions are quite average and are being blown out of proportion. In any situation where a club is relegated, expenditures are going to be limited. It would be foolish and naive to expect the same level of wages to be paid when you are playing in the Championship, with smaller attendances and less television money.

The author then goes on to take a shot at Khan's major decisions to date. TSF called the Ross McCormack "a decent Championship striker" and described the decision to sign him as an 11 million pound mistake. This criticism is completely unfounded, as McCormack has been one of our best players all season, contributing 15 goals and 10 assists. While it may be true that Khan overspent, all British players are drastically inflated and we needed a proven Championship goalscorer.

TSF continues his assault on Shahid Khan by condemning the five-man panel's decision on the Fulham manager.

"Who[m] did they choose? Kit Symons, who was already in the role, albeit as caretaker manager. And where are Fulham now? In 20th, two places above the relegation zone."

The panel came to a decision that was overwhelmingly supported by the supporters at the time. Symons had a superb start to life as manager, and it would have been disastrous to deny him a chance at the full time job. The appointment of a panel was to give knowledgable insiders a voice, instead of Khan making a unilateral decision, as was the case with Felix Magath.

Finally, the oddest part of the whole report was The Secret Footballer's comments on the Craven Cottage crowd.

"I have to say, I'm not a big fan of playing at Fulham... around the ground, there seems to be an odd mingling of fans, tourists and interested bystanders."

This opening insult to the Cottage faithful puts the entire piece in a poor light. First off, what does this have to do with the current state at Fulham? In addition, it is simply not true. The author has obviously never been to many Fulham matches, where the atmosphere is fantastic and the songs of the supporters radiate off the hallowed stands of Craven Cottage. It is hands down the best ground in England, let alone the Championship.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2015/4/11/8389507/understanding-the-secret-footballer-view-on-fulham

WhiteJC

Brentford manager Mark Warburton in line for Fulham hot seat as Shahid Khan deliberates over future of Kit Symons
Fulham are planning to swoop for Brentford boss Mark Warburton
Owner Shahid Khan is planning for next season
Warburton has led Brentford to seventh in the Championship

Fulham will sound out Brentford manager Mark Warburton about taking over at Craven Cottage with owner Shahid Khan planning to release a budget of £20million to spend on new players.

The Championship strugglers are deliberating over the future of Kit Symons who replaced Felix Magath in September but has won only one of his last eight games.

Khan, a billionaire who also owns NFL franchise Jacksonville Jaguars in America, has given his new chief football officer Mike Rigg the power to choose Fulham's next manager and he is looking at different options despite a good personal relationship with Symons.

Fulham will sound out Brentford manager Mark Warburton about taking over at Craven Cottage

Warburton's impressive record at west London rivals Brentford has made him a leading contender alongside Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy.

Warburton got Brentford promoted from League One and they have been surprise play-off contenders in The Championship this season doing the league double over Fulham along the way.

It has already been announced he will be leaving The Bees at the end of the season with QPR also interested in his services along with assistant David Weir. But Rangers, who have 14 players out of contract and face a huge fine if they are relegated, won't have the same spending power to offer Warburton as The Cottagers.

Waburton (right) signals to his players during Brentford's 1-1 draw with Derby County on Saturday

Symons wants to be given the chance of signing his own players and having a full season at Craven Cottage with them, but recent results are going against him. Fulham are conscious of FPP rules and with parachute payments from the Premier League due to run out, they feel the next transfer window may be the last opportunity to spend big to get them back into the top flight.

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce could also be a shock contender with Khan prepared to invest to get Fulham back in the Premier League.

Allardyce's current deal at Upton Park runs out in the summer but he would like to stay in London.

Meanwhile, FA Cup semi-finalists Aston Villa have joined West Brom in the chase for Wolves winger Bakary Sako who is a free agent at the end of the season.

The Championship strugglers are deliberating over the future of Kit Symons (centre)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3035243/Brentford-manager-Mark-Warburton-line-Fulham-hot-seat-Shahid-Khan-deliberates-future-Kit-Symons.html#ixzz3X51UB5kI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Two Minutes: Wigan

Watch the key moments from down by the river as the Whites hosted the Latics at Craven Cottage on Friday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2014_2015/league/home/wigan-athletic/wigan-highlights

WhiteJC

EXCLUSIVE: Fulham keeping tabs on Sam Allardyce
FULHAM are monitoring Sam Allardyce's contract issues at West Ham.

The Cottagers see Big Sam as the kind of manager who could restore the club to the Premier League.

Fulham manager Kit Symons had a good start to the season in the wake of nightmare runs under Rene Meulensteen and Felix Magath but things have dropped off badly.

Craven Cottage owner Shahid Khan is desperate for the club to push on – and sees Allardyce as the man to do it.

TRACKED: Sam Allardyce is wanted by Fulham [GETTY]
The Hammers boss, 60, is on a one-year contract and talks over another will not begin until the current campaign finishes.

West Ham move into the Olympic Stadium the season after next and fans are yet to be convinced of his suitability.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/436050/EXCLUSIVE-Fulham-keeping-tabs-Sam-Allardyce

WhiteJC

Symons wants Curbs to stay
Fulham boss Kit Symons has said he wants to continue working with Alan Curbishley. Curbs is with the Cottagers in an advisory capacity.

'I'd definitely like him to stay,' Symons told The Football League Paper. 'I didn't really know Curbs until he came in last time at the club, but I've been really impressed with him. His knowledge and experience has been a breath of fresh air.'

'We sit down and look at all the scenarios that come up in games, and Curbs plays a part in that, as the other boys do.'

Symons also talked to BBC Sport about Curbs, saying 'He's got an opinion on everything, but doesn't ram it down your throat: Curbs at the Cottage

http://addickschampionshipdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/symons-wants-curbs-to-stay.html