more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (20/04/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 19, 2015, 08:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Betts: All About The Win

Marcus Bettinelli's heroics were a key factor of Fulham's win at Blackpool but the Whites goalkeeper has never been less bothered about a clean sheet – the win meant so much to him.

"The most important thing was the three points. I'm happy with the clean sheet but I couldn't care less if it was 10-9, as long as we won," Bettinelli told fulhamfc.com

"Mathematically we're not safe, Millwall have got to win all their games and beat our goal difference and that's taking in mind that we don't get any points out of the next two games.

"But, regardless, we're all happy with the win. We all knew how big a game it was and how important it is to stay in this league. I hope we showed everyone that at Blackpool."

Bettinelli showed his importance could not be underplayed during the opening exchanges, making a sprawling block with 17-year-old Henry Cameron clean through on goal after five minutes.

Cameron had also seen a shot cannon back off the goalpost moments earlier before Matt Smith made the Tangerines pay for their missed chances, heading in what resulted in being the match-winner after eight minutes.

"We said in the changing room that we need to start fast and we need to start bright but we didn't do that really," Bettinelli continued. "There were a couple of chances they had really early doors, I managed to save them but, we've got to start better than that."

"We can't be giving chances to other teams, we give them a little too much at the moment. We want to correct that in the last two games and show that we can take that into next season."

From that save in the opening minutes, Bettinelli certainly made his presence felt in the fifth minute of second-half stoppage time. When Gary Madine stuck a vicious effort which was bound for the top left-hand corner, Bettinelli's intervention essentially secured Fulham's safety for the season.

"I can't even remember the build-up that well, I think it was a volley", recalled Bettinelli. "I remember moving my feet quite early to set myself and I threw myself at it and managed to tip it around the post.

"Time seemed to stop when it happened. Everyone went quiet a little bit then, thankfully, I managed to move my feet and fingertip it away. It was crucial really but the main thing is we ended up with three points."

The un-even Bloomfield Road pitch proved to be something of an equaliser, stopping the flow of the game and forcing both teams into playing more direct football; a tactic which Bettinelli believes was an essential part of the triumph.

"I don't think any of us could prepare for the conditions we were playing on," he continued. "I don't think we strung more than about four or five passes together. Not because it was impossible, but because we didn't want to try.

"The pitch was that bad, and I understand the frustration of the supporters sometimes, I know they want to see us build it up, but it was just too risky, the way the pitch was."

The final challenge Bettinelli was forced to overcome was an on-rushing pitch invader, adorned in a curly blonde wig and pink silk gown, despite his masculine figure, and the shot-stopper admitted he did not know how to react.

"I wasn't too sure what he was going to get up to when he ran up to me asking for the ball so I just gave it to him, I didn't want anything to do with him!" Bettinelli revealed.

"In fairness, that probably got the biggest cheer of the day. We can laugh about it now, but we came here to do a job and we got the job done, that's the main thing."

But nothing was going to break Bettinelli's concentration as he secured his first clean sheet in five games, before challenging the Whites to ensure the 2014/15 season finishes in the best way possible.

"We're four unbeaten now in the league, with three draws and a win," he added. "It's quite good form at the end of the season, so we've got to get to the end of the season unbeaten now regardless of the table, that's our aim. We want to go unbeaten over the last six and finish on a high."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/april/19/bettinelli-reaction?

WhiteJC

Kit on Seaside Victory!

The away win, up at Blackpool, the side propping up the Championship, was a most welcome one.

The three points almost certainly guarantee that Fulham will not be relegated and will be playing Championship football next season, thereby giving us a foundation we can build upon.

After the win, secured by an early goal from Matt Smith, Kit Symons had this to say,

'Mathematically we need one more point but this was a massive game and result for us. I said that to the players before the game it was all about finding the win and the three points. It wasn't a classic. It's not one I will show the grandkids in years to come.

'It's been tough lately to say the least. It's not been the most enjoyable but that's four away games now unbeaten without playing well. We did ride our luck a bit and we've not had an awful lot of luck this year to be honest so maybe it's a little bit overdue.'

With our two remaining games being against Middlesbrough and Norwich, both chasing automatic promotion places in the Championship, getting that solitary point needed to assure safety will be hard. But then again do we really expect Millwall to win all their remaining games?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=397081#ixzz3XmpKFSsK

WhiteJC

Chelsea Interested in Bettinelli

In what can only be described as a season with more disappointing moments than pleasurable ones, the emergence of Marcus Bettinelli has been a bonus.

Our young keeper has made the green jersey his own at Craven Cottage and has established himself in the England U21 squad.

However it would seem that progress could be coming at a price.

Reports in the media yesterday suggest that our neighbours down the road, are looking at Marcus as a possible replacement for Petr Cech.

Chelsea are, it seems, resigned to losing their understudy to Thibaut Courtois and are looking to recruit.

The gossip columns have already suggested that Chelsea are interested in Robert Green and Brad Friedel, but both are veterans and the word is that Jose Mourinho wants a younger deputy.

The fact that Jose has something of an open-door when it comes to Fulham, with his own son on our books, could make the purchase easier.

Credence to the rumour was given by the surprise appearance of Jose in the stands at Craven Cottage for our fixture against Rotherham.

Can we resist the pound signs flashing before our eyes?

I think not unfortunately!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=397082#ixzz3XmqGWMVL

WhiteJC

Chelsea set to bid for Fulham's young stopper

Reports have suggested that Chelsea are keen to sign Fulham's Marcus Bettinelli as an under-study for first team keeper Thibaut Courtois following the pending departure of Petr Cech.

Jose Mourinho has already been to watch the England U21 international in action this term, attending the Cottagers 1-1 draw at home to Rotherham United at the start of April.

A commanding presence in the box, standing at 6"4', Bettinelli has kept 11 clean sheets for Fulham this season in what has been a year with little high-lights for Kit Symons' side.

Having peaked no higher than 11th place (and that was the first week of this season) in the league, and with just one more year remaining on his contract with Fulham, the 22 year-old may favour a move to pastures new.

Mourinho isn't just hearing about the keeper for the first time either – the academy goalkeeping coach at Fulham is none other than Bettinelli's dad, Vic Bettinelli, who can obviously give the Chelsea manager a detailed report on his sons ability.

In his short career, Bettinelli has already made over 100 appearances at various levels, including the Conference, League 2, and the Championship.

Having conceded the 2nd most goals in the league this season with 76, only being surpassed by already-relegated Blackpool who have shipped 88, Mourinho must believe that the English keeper's performances have not warranted such a hefty goals against column.

http://the72.co.uk/25360/chelsea-set-to-bid-for-fulhams-young-stopper/?

WhiteJC

Paul Sturrock eyeing Yeovil Town loan signings

Yeovil Town manager Paul Sturrock says that he is looking for loan signings of the quality of Stephen Arthurworrey to fire the club to promotion next season.

The Scot took charge at Huish Park last week, but was unable to stop the Somerset outfit from dropping out of League One.

However, Sturrock has pointed to the likes of Arthurworrey as successes of the season and is hoping to lure more talent to Yeovil without breaking the bank.

He told the Western Gazette: "We've got a budget here which we'll be sticking to rigidly and we've got to fit everyone into this budget and make sure we have enough players to get through the season.

"I won't be splashing the cash. Reality has to kick in at every football club who have had two relegations in two years - and there's lots of them out there - and we have to keep our house in order and start progressing in the right direction and towards promotion."

Arthurworrey joined Yeovil from parent club Fulham at the end of October.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/yeovil-town/transfer-talk/news/sturrock-eyeing-loan-signings_218081.html

WhiteJC

Chelsea target Marcus Bettinelli to be offered new Fulham deal in bid to nail down keeper's future

The Blues are one of two top-flight clubs monitoring the England Under-21 international, who has just a year left on his contract at Craven Cottage

Attracting interest: Fulham keeper Marcus Bettinelli

Fulham plan to offer a new deal to Marcus Bettinelli to ward off interest from Premier League vultures.

Chelsea are one of two top-flight clubs monitoring the England Under-21 keeper, with Jose Mourinho making a personal check on Bettinelli during Wednesday's 1-1 draw with Rotherham.

With doubts over Petr Cech's future, the Fulham academy graduate is being considered as a possible second-choice to Thibaut Courtois.

The 22-year-old only made his first-team debut back in August, but has established himself as No1 at Craven Cottage, making 42 appearances this season.

Bettinelli, who spent spells out on loan at Accrington and Dartford earlier in his career, is approaching the final 12 months of his contract in west London.

However, Fulham chiefs have started negotiations to tie down Bettinelli's long-term future at the club.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-target-marcus-bettinelli-offered-5551141?