watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khans appointments

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, April 18, 2015, 02:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

A list of people that Mr Khan has appointed and 'turned to for help' including managers which would have been recommended
by his 'management team'

Jol (inherited)  BOO HISS
Mark Lampling (vast experience in sport management and a trusted sidekick)
Ali Mc  (inherited) but recently appears to have been demoted - probably hyped by MAF pre-sale
Rene
Wilkins
Curbishley
Magarth  (seemed ideal for what was needed at the time)
McBride
Murphy
Jennings
Quinn
Daly
Kit - A huge 60% (ish) fan selection in the pole on here
Curbs again (Kit requested)
Mike Rigg

Bearing in mind the diverse positions and appointments of some of these, I can't think of anyone on this list who
could have been considered either a bad choice or who was not suggested by a trusted confidant.

Does this look like intentionally running down our club ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

davew

I think that perhaps you should study your list again!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: davew on April 18, 2015, 02:41:49 PM
I think that perhaps you should study your list again!

Help please

davew

In my opinion none of the people on your list were a good choice as has been proven by our results the last 2 seasons, complete shambles!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: davew on April 18, 2015, 02:51:17 PM
In my opinion none of the people on your list were a good choice as has been proven by our results the last 2 seasons, complete shambles!!

But, from Mr Khans point of view, based on recommendations all/most of them had good credentials

God The Mechanic

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 18, 2015, 03:03:08 PM
Quote from: davew on April 18, 2015, 02:51:17 PM

But, from Mr Khans point of view, based on recommendations all/most of them had good credentials

I'd argue Curbishley and Wilkins aside you're pretty right.  Granted, Wilkins was apparently a very good intermediary between players and coaches at Chelsea.

The rest of them have/had very good CVs or at least heavy support from the fans.

westcliff white

i never felt Mcgath was right for us, Rene was getting us playing well, for me that decision was a major reason we went down
Every day is a Fulham day

God The Mechanic

Quote from: westcliff white on April 18, 2015, 03:26:10 PM
i never felt Mcgath was right for us, Rene was getting us playing well, for me that decision was a major reason we went down

Rene managed some of our absolute worst performances (until this season) and only got a point from the much lauded Man Utd and Liverpool games by playing more defenders than Kit has all season.  He COULD have saved us, but I reckon the wheels were already in motion before those two performances - and winning one point from two (albeit hard) games was hardly likely to stop that.

hovewhite

Mike Rigg could be a great appiotment I reckon.

bill taylors apprentice

Jol should have been dumped long before.
Magath, it was a massive gamble the end of last season but to keep him on was a disaster waiting to happen.
Lampling may be a trusted sidekick but wtf does he know about British football?
Ali Mac has been given responsibility that is either beyond him or is being undermined by others.

Rene, Wilkins & Curbishley may individually have been useful but the confused way made things worse. 
Rigg seems a positive appointment but depends if he is given the means to do his job properly.

The appointment of the committee proved nothing other than the owner and his sidekicks knew nothing and/or it was a bullpoo PR exercise.

As for Kit, he was the right choice as caretaker but should never have been given the job full time.
It may not be running the club down but I think your proposition is missing the point.

Whether the individuals have the right attributes is not important, its how the structure of the club is formed from the top down, that's the important first step.
And the standard set from the owner has been poor to say the least. 

Twig

Sorry but anyone who thinks Wilkins had anything whatsoever to offer loses cred in my eyes.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Twig on April 18, 2015, 05:27:20 PM
Sorry but anyone who thinks Wilkins had anything whatsoever to offer loses cred in my eyes.

Just to make things clear.........................

Twig

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 18, 2015, 05:35:26 PM

And?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Twig on April 18, 2015, 05:47:38 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 18, 2015, 05:35:26 PM

And?

To continue, I assume I have gone down in your credibility.
Remember, I didn't appoint him but, (and this is whether you or I rate him)
his CV isn't too bad

Played 695 league games including long spells at Chelsea, Milan and Man Utd
England caps  84
Managed  - QPR   win ratio 38.8%  (which is as good as anyone, except 3-4 in the last 100 years
                 Caretaker at Chelsea
                 QPR
                 Us    48% win ratio

Coached at   Chelsea, Watford and Millwall

He's respected in the game and well known, he's done well at Fulham before and is a local boy

It's quite easy to see why he was appointed to help the newbie Rene

Having said all of that I don't rate him either

love4ffc

Back to your original OP.  Everything for the last several season with Fulham has been an illusian.  On paper everything looks all rosy and proper but in real life it just doesn't seem to work for Fulham.  

Perhaps we should seek out Tex Tucker and give him a chance.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?