watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz's last game at The Cottage tomorrow

Started by Pie and mash, April 24, 2015, 07:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

The difference is that you go to games and see Ruiz first hand, L/h doesn't ever go and can only either watch a stream or listen to Jim until the highlights later so your opinions will differ, saying that I do agree with L/H in that Ruiz is a very good player and we don't have the players to fit with his style, some people at games , before he has even kicked the ball are on his back but few watch and see the defensive headers he makes , the drawing players in and then the cutting passes, it is true we do not run off the ball we are very pedestrian, it has been as major complaint all season and Ruiz is used to having options when he looks up, not statues waiting for the obvious pass , that is my opinion of him, he has been wasted at Fulham, totally misused most of the time.Ii am sure a lot will disagree but that is my opinion and that is what a forum is for.

nose

my opinion is this will not be his last game at the cottage... he had that ages ago... do not play yesterdays men
on the subject of his fabled talent.... he had much less than people say..... talent requires the ability to take part and influence a game, that he spectacularly failed to do
the odd pass here and there is not talent, i can do that, great players, taleted palyers impose their prescence...  ruiz was a con trick and the monsy we spent on him could have been so much better invested elsewhere...even in the cup game against Burton (i think that is where it was) when he hit the post from the spot... he was miles out of his depth...

if you give him acres of space and time he might be OK but never in england.... he was aprt of the problem that jol inflicted on us

just my opinion, i want to see roberts, a proper player for the future

hovewhite

Ruiz I'm a fan I make no bones about that,but then I'm a berba fan also as I was of best and marsh I love players with that special ability,ruiz however didn't do quite enough to be classed for game changing as the other players I have listed but I will wish brian ruiz good luck and thanks.

Artful Dodger

The best thing about Ruiz going is that it should be one less thing that divides fans, even to the last. Personally, I gave up long ago hoping he would actually turn it on for Fulham and his obvious lack of interest in playing for Fulham is worthy of getting rid of him anyway. He has been compared to Berbatov but at least Berbatov scored goals for one year at least.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

FFCByTheRiver

Very good footballer, didn't fit Fulham.

End of. The rest is all wind.

I'll miss him, but not for the club's sake.

Jamie88

Quote from: nose on April 24, 2015, 10:10:29 PM
my opinion is this will not be his last game at the cottage... he had that ages ago... do not play yesterdays men
on the subject of his fabled talent.... he had much less than people say..... talent requires the ability to take part and influence a game, that he spectacularly failed to do
the odd pass here and there is not talent, i can do that, great players, taleted palyers impose their prescence...  ruiz was a con trick and the monsy we spent on him could have been so much better invested elsewhere...even in the cup game against Burton (i think that is where it was) when he hit the post from the spot... he was miles out of his depth...

if you give him acres of space and time he might be OK but never in england.... he was aprt of the problem that jol inflicted on us

just my opinion, i want to see roberts, a proper player for the future

exactly my thoughts. If a player is such a talent, he indeed would influence a game. Bryan virtually never did this.

And the whole argument of 'he needs time and space' makes me laugh a bit - football isn't like that. If it were, I'd be playing in the Premier League with my acres of space showboating and lining up the perfect pass!

filham

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 24, 2015, 09:04:30 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on April 24, 2015, 08:53:45 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 24, 2015, 08:48:24 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on April 24, 2015, 08:27:27 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 24, 2015, 08:21:54 AM
:012: farewell my son.........

On a serious note always wanted to like him but the constant reminder of how brilliant he is for Costa Rica and in the netherlands and in world cups made me sway towards being irritated by him for some reason. Seems a nice enough guy but he clearly doesn't want to be here and considering we are playing championship football I dont think he is as outstanding as I am led to believe he is.

The odd glimpse of superb talent and some fantastic goals, without him dare I say it we may even have gone down but I am not grateful for that because last year he ran away from a dogfight that we eventually lost to prepare for the world cup.

Overall I cant see how anyone can justify the money we paid for him. For 10.5million he was a complete and utter flop

I agree was so frustrating to se only the odd glimpse of what he could do, having seen first hand when at game sin the Netherlands.

I would say though it was not £10.5 million that we paid for him, it could have gone to €10.5million, based on add ons. Guess we will never know the true value in the end.

It gets confusing with all these add ons. I take it as the fee reported otherwise I could never have a clue how much a player cost. Does that mean Mitroglou isnt our record signing then? Until he triggers the add ons which I can confidently say will never happen
in theory i guess it does, the same as Ross was never 11 million etc. But in the netlerlands the fees are reported as they are. something to do with club set up etc.

To be fair though compared to other signings like
Finnan- 250,000!!!!!!
Dembele 3.5m
Steed- roughly 4m
Saha- 1.25
Brede- 1.5 roughly
Mcbride- 500,000
Van der sar- 7m

The list goes on and on, even Legwinski for 4m or whatever it was is more value for money than whatever Ruiz cost. The 10.5 makes it sound even worse but even for 7 I would say he was an awful purchase with little return and no money made on him. Those figures above are what I remember them as so they might be slightly wrong
Ruiz is a class and likeable footballer but as a player he  was not effective for us.
In the value for money list he was just above Marlet and Mitroglou in the bottom three places.

I can see no reason to play him today, Kit should now be building a team for next season.