https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is the difference between Al Fayed and Khan

Started by Andy S, April 27, 2015, 10:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 28, 2015, 04:21:48 PM
Wrong!

Al Fayed would never have allowed Fulham to get in such a mess that only a stay-away, know-nothing-about-soccer (sic) rookie Chairman would do.

In fact it was that Ali Mack, a pen-pushing heathen "yes man" was suddenly allowed to run RIOT!  

The appointment of Khan allowed Macintosh to let Jol GIVE our best goalkeeper to our sworn enemies Chelsea, after Schwarzer had just had his greatest ever season at the club!!
He sold Berbatov well under half-price while Fulham were in a crisis situation in the January window (when most do not do meaningful business in).  How did he know Mitroglou would hit the ground running in the Premier League??

Of course he didn't but he still went full steam ahead with the at least risky if not ridiculously idiotic experiment with Fulham in danger of the drop.  Mitroglou turned out to be INJURED and aggravated that injury being forced to play by a tuetonic version of Muhammad Ali ("I am the greatest" Magath virtually proclaimed).

This continued into this season with Fulham rock bottom while everyone and his dog knew Magath had to go.  Weak leadership from Khan under the woeful guidance of Ali Mack waited far too long (as Leroy Rosenior said on TV), a further difference between the two bosses.

Fulham are currently a rudderless ship with Macintosh steering us towards the rocks while the captain sleeps in his bunker aft.

Well I have to say that this is a little off, as it is well and truly documented by virtually everyone on here that Khan's lack of football knowledge meant he relied on the people at the coal face for the information especially in regards to players coming/going, Mitroglou arrived with a slight injury, but he picked up a serious injury playing for the reserves, this is well documented.

MAF did let Fulham get into a mess with his refusal to pay out for players that we needed that is why we got very cheap or loan players, again this is quite well documented.

All this business with regards to Mackintosh, again pray tell what you know about what he was responsible for, and again Khan advised a good while ago that AM sole concern will be the stadium development and ground issues NOT playing staff issues.

but I guess you know best.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Nick Bateman

There are tons of articles about the goings on behind-closed-doors this only one of them http://www.sport.net/revealed-how-cole-and-tunnicliffe-were-ruthlessly-discarded-by-fulham-just-weeks-after-signing-from-manchester-united_135591

Significant para:
The other signings - including the loan capture of Lewis Holtby and the late battle of wills with West Ham for £12.4million Olympiacos striker Kostas Mitroglou - were directed by the board, led by Alistair Mackintosh

One hopes this is not a sign of the future
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Quote from: The Old Count on April 27, 2015, 01:21:51 PM
As much as I'm grateful to MAF and appreciate everything he did for the club. He did start the decline by lack of investment because he was so keen to get his 200 million back (Did he really need another couple of hundred mil?).

It remains to be seen what Khan will do.  He was bolted up a bit with the purchase and has made inevitable mistakes but he appears keen to get us back into the Prem.

This is spot on to me.   0001.jpeg
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Andy S

I really cannot see how people say that we would have been relegated because we had not been spending money even if Al Fayed had stayed. The fact is there was a lot of poor decision making from various managers which contributed to our demise. It is the management I believe that got us relegated not the players we signed. Still that is history now. It is going to cost Khan a lot of money if he wants to get us promoted on top of what he has already spent. I believe it is easier to stay in the premier than it is to get promoted to it