watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marathonbet deal

Started by ffcjazzle, April 28, 2015, 04:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcjazzle

The sponsorship deal with Marathonbet runs out this summer.
it is supposed to be the biggest in the clubs history.
from the statement made 2 seasons ago, i read that there is an option of a third year.
is that something decided by marathonbet, fulham og both?

if its not up to the club, we would be likely to lose some cash

rweller86

I would guess it is either Fulham or Mutual. Couldn't imagine Fulham taking the option otherwise.
@rweller

ToodlesMcToot

would seem logical that Marathonbet would have the option to take up that final year, especially since the return on their investment could reasonably be expected to diminish by our status as a Championship club.  little to no name exposure for them being that we are rarely televised as we were when the original deal was signed.

difficult to imagine the deal being extended unless there was a decreased fee negotiated in the event we were relegated
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MikeW

I've been involved in these things (from the sponsor side).  Were it me I would advise against taking up the option unless it was seriously cheap.  Very little exposure in prospect, two dreadful seasons behind us, very few community benefits .... I'd be out.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

First State

Without a doubt, there's a Right of First Refusal clause. Short story, no Marathon Bet next season.

H4usuallysitting

Flex-N-Gate are going to sponsor us next season, on a £50m deal.........or am I dreaming

love4ffc

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 28, 2015, 08:10:30 PM
Flex-N-Gate are going to sponsor us next season, on a £50m deal.........or am I dreaming
That would indicate a huge commitment on the part of our Chairman.   

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

westcliff white

I thought it was 3 years plays an option. But I would be more than happy to lose the marathon bet logo it is hideous
Every day is a Fulham day