News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Assuming that it is Martin Jol, who do you think he might sign?

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, July 19, 2010, 12:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Quote from: finnster01 on July 19, 2010, 04:39:36 PM
All right Owen, so you know Bellamy better than I do.

But the Welsh are more famous for singing than swinging golf clubs at team mates.

Thinking back that golf club incident was pretty funny. Have there been any Fulham related team mate bust ups?

manxman

Baird punching bullard ?  :011: :011: :011: :011: :62:
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Serotonin

Quote from: finnster01 on July 19, 2010, 12:36:32 PM
Suarez would be huge, but I reckon that is out of our pay range.

If Jol brought Suarez to the club, would Pantsil not just land one on him for all of Africa?

os5889

Quote from: Serotonin on July 19, 2010, 04:59:55 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on July 19, 2010, 12:36:32 PM
Suarez would be huge, but I reckon that is out of our pay range.

If Jol brought Suarez to the club, would Pantsil not just land one on him for all of Africa?

Suarez or Pantsil I'd not have too much trouble being a ruthless cnat and showing JP back to the Boleyn...

Logicalman

I have mixed  thoughts about CB.

On the one hand I wholeheartedly agree with Mr Finn, the guy can be a cancer that spreads through a disillusioned squad, and his journeyman appearance of 7 clubs in 9 years does nothing to prove he has any loyalty.

On the other hand however, he IS very passionate about his football, and has proven himself to be both a hard and determined tackler and one that is always willing to tackle back and help out the defence when required to do so. I think he would have been a better purchase for RH to have made in his time at the Cottage, and, just perhaps, Jol will have the same calming effect on such a player. He definitely needs both guidance and a strong - but quiet - manager to control him.

Tom

Fulham for life!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Logicalman on July 19, 2010, 05:06:33 PM
I have mixed  thoughts about CB.

On the one hand I wholeheartedly agree with Mr Finn, the guy can be a cancer that spreads through a disillusioned squad, and his journeyman appearance of 7 clubs in 9 years does nothing to prove he has any loyalty.

On the other hand however, he IS very passionate about his football, and has proven himself to be both a hard and determined tackler and one that is always willing to tackle back and help out the defence when required to do so. I think he would have been a better purchase for RH to have made in his time at the Cottage, and, just perhaps, Jol will have the same calming effect on such a player. He definitely needs both guidance and a strong - but quiet - manager to control him.

All reports so far are saying that Jol is a really good man manager, so maybe he will be able to tame him.

I agree about his professionalism, I think it was hughes who said that the reason he creates friction is because he trains too hard and if he thinks another player is slacking off then he says something about it.

As for whether he would join us, well he has played for West Ham so I am sure he wouldn't look too far down his nose at us.