watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best XI- PL Era

Started by J.Perkins, April 29, 2015, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

I was just wondering what you guys think would be our best combined XI from our PL era. Mine is

--------------------van der Sar

---Finnan---Hangeland---Hughes---Konchesky

--Malbranque---Dembele---Murphy---Dempsey

------------------Saha-----McBride

dannyboi-ffc

Swap dempsey for boa and I think that is our best 11. Possibly Brevett or Bonnissel for Konch but thats not a big deal. Always fascinates me how fans rate Dempsey higher than Boa as a winger but I am biased because Boa is my all time favourite.

Good team. These posts never get boring because I seem to change my mind every year
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

J.Perkins

Quote from: MJG on April 29, 2015, 09:09:10 AM
I did a poll about this and you are pretty close
http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/articles/fulham-xi-of-the-premer-league-and-player-of-the-era-20-417.html

I selected Dempsey purely for his 2 seasons when he scored over 40 goals, but it was a definate tough choice between Boa and Demp.

J.Perkins

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 29, 2015, 09:13:28 AM
Swap dempsey for boa and I think that is our best 11. Possibly Brevett or Bonnissel for Konch but thats not a big deal. Always fascinates me how fans rate Dempsey higher than Boa as a winger but I am biased because Boa is my all time favourite.

Good team. These posts never get boring because I seem to change my mind every year

I do agree that Boa was a fantastic winger, but Dempsey got over 40 goals across 2 seasons, not the mention the vital goals before that. As an impact on the club, Dempsey wins it for me.

Bronaldinho

How about doing it based on 1 season form rather than their whole period here? Would that make a difference?

Berbatov's first season would probably put him into the frame.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

nose

my team..assuming i ghaven't forgotten anyone and based on miore than two minutes contribution (so no berba)

schwarz
finnan brede goma brevett
steed murf dembele simon davies
bobyZ saha

dannyboi-ffc

Forgot about Goma. I thought he was a better individual than Hughes but still loved and rated Hughes highly.

Basing it on the random way Bronaldinho suggested based on one outstanding year I would go for this

VDS- 01/02  Without him we would have gone down. A world class keeper and worth every penny. Saved us atleast 10 points on his own and was a much needed leader as we entered a new world to.most of us.

Bonnissel- 03/04 Never played enough to make the greatest team but based on one season he was superb. The best LB to play in the premier league and like Diarra had a class about him that Brevett didnt. I did love Rufus though.

Brede- 09/10 Joint most impressive season I've seen from a centre half up there with Coleman in the old Division 2 promotion.

Goma- 02/03 Absolute beast at Loftus Road and played a huge role.

Reither 12/13. In that first season part of me believed he could surpass Finnan which proves how brilliant I thought he was. Obviously that couldnt be further from the truth with hindsight but he was superb.

Dempsey- 11/12 (I think?). The year he scored 23 goals.

Murphy- 09/10. Does it need explaining?

Steed- 03/04. 2nd year at Loftus Road he was outstanding and scored a lot of goals. I randomly remember a hatrick vs Charlton in the cup.

Davies- 06/07. Great escape season. Out of all the players Davies is up there as one of our most important.

Zamora- 09/10. His presence was never replaced. The best player we've had at holding the ball up and bringing midfielders into play. Scored a lot of goals too.

McBride- One of the early years back at the Cottage. He was brilliant but in truth when wasn't he?

Not a true reflection of the best 11 because boa, saha and finnan should be there and possibly dembele but thats a little something for Bronaldinho
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging