watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2015/16 U21 and U18 squads:

Started by FPT, April 30, 2015, 09:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

With all the talk of first team comings and goings, I thought I'd just update you on how the youth squads *could* look come next season. Bare in mind that this is a rough make-up, names that appear twice could (obviously) make appearances frequently at each age group; and don't take first team names too seriously. I've tried to keep players vaguely into specific position (list of which finishing with a semi-colon).

Spoiler - I think with first team squad movement, we'll see Emerson Hyndman, Moussa Dembele and Patrick Roberts dip into the Under-21s for game time to keep them fit and firing. Shan't see it as a step backwards, they can still train with the first team and play here and there when needed, but don't keep them away from playing games of football.

Under 21s:

Goalkeepers - Marek Rodak and Magnus Norman.

Defenders - Ryheem Sheckleford, Shane Elworthy; Cameron Burgess, Liam Donnelly, Thiago Casasola, Stephen Arthurworrey; Jordan Evans and Adetayo Edun.

Midfielders - Larnell Cole, Ryan Williams, Mesca, Dean O'Halloran; Joshua Smile, Emerson Hyndman and Luca De La Torre.

Attackers - Patrick Roberts, Ange-Freddy Plumain; Moussa Dembele, Aaron Redford, Joshua Walker and Stephen Humphrys.

Under 18s:

Goalkeepers - Magnus Norman, Marek Rodak, Jake Souttar and Taye Ashby-Hammond.

Defenders - Shane Elworthy, Marlon Fossey, Ryheem Sheckleford; Elijah Adebayo, Aron Davies, Jerome Opoku; Adetayo Edun, Ryan Sessegnon.

Midfielders - DJ Buffonge, Dennis Adeniran, Ravin Shamsi; Foday Nabay, Harrison Paton, Mattias Kait, Luca De La Torre, Anthony Dolan.

Attackers - Joshua Walker, Cameron Thomas, Cassian Thomas

Apprentice to the Maestro

FPT

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on April 30, 2015, 11:00:36 PM
What has happened to Buatu?

His contract is up in the summer following the option year. He's 22 in September, it just wouldn't surprise me to see him let go.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: FPT on April 30, 2015, 11:02:33 PM

His contract is up in the summer following the option year. He's 22 in September, it just wouldn't surprise me to see him let go.

I was impressed by him in the game against Porto and was thinking he might make a good defensive midfielder in the mould of Etuhu but possibly a better passer.

But then I have only seen him a couple of times.

HatterDon

Thanks for starting this thread, FPT!  049:gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MasterHaynes

Quote from: FPT on April 30, 2015, 11:02:33 PM

So are a number of others including Arthurworrey , Richards(who I don't see in your list) and Passeley. I fear we will let all of them go, some were only given 1 year contracts last summer. In my opinion this would be a great mistake especially as this season has shown we don't have enough players when 5-6 are involved in the first team squad and others out on loan. Both teams look like they may be relegated which is a disaster, the U21's  are reliant on Everton losing and U18's need to win our last game against Arsenal and hope the results go for us. The Academy has had just as bad a season as the first team, even when we have put out very strong teams we have failed to win games we should have had as bankers by not taking our chances. Some of our recruitment last summer has been poor although Davis from Bristol City has helped the team defensively. I have not been impressed with Kait our big signing last summer as a midfielder he is a liability defensively and rarely shows the attacking flair that justifies him playing, never seems to really get engaged in the game.

RaySmith

Jamie88

Isn't Mesca's contract also up this summer? I can't see us retaining him either unfortunately

cmg

I believe the contract information will be released soon after the season's end, although the players know already.

It's an unpleasant time, but the 'wastage' of young talent is quite frighteningly high.

I, also, expect Mesca to be one to go. A pity as he had great potential and fought back from two really bad injuries. I would be amazed if Passley was released (unless his transgressions are counted against him), but not so surprised if Richards was. Both should be able to find further employment elsewhere.

The centre-back situation is quite intriguing. We have so many of them! Arthurworrey, who last year looked as good as most has had a fine loan spell in a poor Yeovil side. Burgess, who started the season as our first choice, has done nothing much at Ross county. Cassasola, highly rated, has hardly been seen. Buatu, who I would have thought was quite low down the pecking order at the start of the season, has been one of the best of the u21s this year. Plus Donnelly and the usual suspects and some even younger of whom Aron Davies is supposedly the rising star.

Bronaldinho

And to think Mesca was incredibly rated by Martin Jol. Said he'd be one of the big players for the future.

Mad how it all changes from manager to manager aye?
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

MJG

Players who I know are out of contract this summer who are 22 or under:
Buatu 22
Richards 20
Arturworrey 29
Passley 20
Sambou 19
Redford 18

If I have missed that they have had a contract extension then please let me know.

cmg

Quote from: Bronaldinho on May 01, 2015, 09:46:11 AM
And to think Mesca was incredibly rated by Martin Jol. Said he'd be one of the big players for the future.

Not the manager, or at least, not just the manager.

It is very difficult to predict the rate of progress (if any) of young players. Progress is never a regular curve and is sometimes non-existant.
E.g Buatu seems to have made extraordinary progress this year: wheras, say, Pat Roberts seems (hopefully very temporarilly) to have marked time.

MJG

Quote from: cmg on May 01, 2015, 10:16:17 AM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on May 01, 2015, 09:46:11 AM

Not the manager, or at least, not just the manager.

It is very difficult to predict the rate of progress (if any) of young players. Progress is never a regular curve and is sometimes non-existant.
E.g Buatu seems to have made extraordinary progress this year: wheras, say, Pat Roberts seems (hopefully very temporarilly) to have marked time.
I agree about Buatu but I'm not sure hes getting an extension, pretty sure we would have heard something by now, and hes 22 this year, needs to be playing.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: cmg on May 01, 2015, 09:09:35 AM
I believe the contract information will be released soon after the season's end, although the players know already.

It's an unpleasant time, but the 'wastage' of young talent is quite frighteningly high.

I, also, expect Mesca to be one to go. A pity as he had great potential and fought back from two really bad injuries. I would be amazed if Passley was released (unless his transgressions are counted against him), but not so surprised if Richards was. Both should be able to find further employment elsewhere.

The centre-back situation is quite intriguing. We have so many of them! Arthurworrey, who last year looked as good as most has had a fine loan spell in a poor Yeovil side. Burgess, who started the season as our first choice, has done nothing much at Ross county. Cassasola, highly rated, has hardly been seen. Buatu, who I would have thought was quite low down the pecking order at the start of the season, has been one of the best of the u21s this year. Plus Donnelly and the usual suspects and some even younger of whom Aron Davies is supposedly the rising star.
We appear to be about to throw the baby(s) out with the bathwater to wash the decks down.
I don't know why Richards is not more highly thought of at the club, whether its snobbery because of his non academy background but whenever I watched him at U18's & U21's I always thought out of him and Kavanagh he would be the better player as he offers more and is more aggressive. he had a great spell at Wimbledon last year and the loan to Aldershot removing a key player from the U21's seemed to indicate he was out of favour. The lack of opportunities afforded Passeley this season despite our problems at Right back also indicates to me an indication to release him. Arthurworrey only being given a 1 yr extension last year was madness or just the club being cheapskates as this guy is potentially the best centre half at the club and it wuld indicate that they don't see a long term future at Fulham for him, a 1 yr extension normally indicates the club is just hedging their bets for 12 months before releasing them.
Williams(R) and Sambou are another two I worry about, certainly borh worthy of an extension especially as one has proven himself capable in the championship and Solomon is the only player we have of that type at the club but both are rarely mentioned and lack of early activity to get these players signed up early adds uncertainty especially as I believe all these players will have offers from other clubs.