https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Symons Press Conference Notes

Started by Ordar, April 30, 2015, 03:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

Quote from: davew on April 30, 2015, 07:55:14 PM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on April 30, 2015, 04:19:09 PM
It does almost feel that we are being conditioned now into accepting the fact that Kit will be in charge next season.
I sincerely hope not!! If we are busy in the Summer transfer window, maybe I might have second thoughts, but even with a very poor and inadequate squad that we have had this season, I don't really see that he has done a good job! Sorry to all you KS converts after our lucky win last weekend!

Few points of how I've seen Kits 'reign'

We've played poor football and regardless of who says he had a poor squad, he had a good enough squad to get them above mid-table. He can't turn a game on its head. When we've played we have looked clueless, we've held on against poor teams and we've scraped wins against a few of the better sides.

He can't 'go for it' and he certainly hasn't helped us defend any better. His substitutions are baffling, safe and have led to us conceding even more goals than before at times.

Each time we've gone ahead we've immediately conceded. Not much you can argue with there, is there?

Our midfield is the worst in the league, not because of whose there, but because of where they are ie the whole lot of them completely out of position or not complimented by the player next to them out of position or asked to do the wrong job. The formation suits NONE of our players.

He has been stubborn by forcing talented players like David (He was more than willing to play for us before someone suggests he had a bad attitude, couldn't be bothered etc) and Smith out of the club as well as Eisfeld who hadn't been given a chance.

He has been stubborn in his team formation and selection overall. Same players, same formation.Predictable.

He has proved he can't get the quality of players in that other managers can, as he ended up loaning bench players from other clubs in our league. He says he had cash but went for the option of loans...seems like he couldn't get his targets and had to settle for others on loan.

Tactically he's so far off the pace it is frightening and if I was in charge I'd even be concerned about how well he developed the Under 21's should he go back.

He hasn't even given another formation, with players in the right position, a chance. Kaca left, Chihi / Roberts right. Even if Chihi was pants, he had a very good and eager young winger waiting to play.

The youth he has selected to represent us he has put under more pressure by playing out of position or way to early. Main culprit being Kavanagh, he has been woeful then he was out of position and now he looks even worse.

I fear for us should we keep him and I think we'll be back searching for a new manager come September if he is left in charge.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 30, 2015, 08:55:17 PM
It does almost feel that we are being conditioned now into accepting the fact that Kit will be in charge next season.
I sincerely hope not!! If we are busy in the Summer transfer window, maybe I might have second thoughts, but even with a very poor and inadequate squad that we have had this season, I don't really see that he has done a good job! Sorry to all you KS converts after our lucky win last weekend!

We've played poor football and regardless of who says he had a poor squad, he had a good enough squad to get them above mid-table. He can't turn a game on its head. When we've played we have looked clueless, we've held on against poor teams and we've scraped wins against a few of the better sides.

He can't 'go for it' and he certainly hasn't helped us defend any better. His substitutions are baffling, safe and have led to us conceding even more goals than before at times.

Each time we've gone ahead we've immediately conceded. Not much you can argue with there, is there?

Our midfield is the worst in the league, not because of whose there, but because of where they are ie the whole lot of them completely out of position or not complimented by the player next to them out of position or asked to do the wrong job. The formation suits NONE of our players.

He has been stubborn by forcing talented players like David (He was more than willing to play for us before someone suggests he had a bad attitude, couldn't be bothered etc) and Smith out of the club as well as Eisfeld who hadn't been given a chance.

He has been stubborn in his team formation and selection overall. Same players, same formation.Predictable.

He has proved he can't get the quality of players in that other managers can, as he ended up loaning bench players from other clubs in our league. He says he had cash but went for the option of loans...seems like he couldn't get his targets and had to settle for others on loan.

Tactically he's so far off the pace it is frightening and if I was in charge I'd even be concerned about how well he developed the Under 21's should he go back.

He hasn't even given another formation, with players in the right position, a chance. Kaca left, Chihi / Roberts right. Even if Chihi was pants, he had a very good and eager young winger waiting to play.

The youth he has selected to represent us he has put under more pressure by playing out of position or way to early. Main culprit being Kavanagh, he has been woeful then he was out of position and now he looks even worse.

I fear for us should we keep him and I think we'll be back searching for a new manager come September if he is left in charge.

Cant argue with most of what you say...

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 30, 2015, 09:02:52 PM

Me neither. We really haven't been convincing for more than 4-5 games out of 38. If Rigg is in complete control of signings then I suppose giving kit a go isn't going to leave us with his players but you would have thought we could get a better replacement in the off season than mid.

Fulham Tup North

I will stand up and say that if push came to shove, I would rather not have Kit in charge next season.  I do not believe he has the technical ability to change games, know his best team, play people in their best positions or motivate players.
A lot of people on another thread have said that they think Kit should be given until Christmas.  So if the club do keep him on and come Christmas we are no better, then that will be another season wasted.
I am in the Big Sam camp, but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions and whatever happens some people will be happy while others will be upset.
Who knows, Kit might stay and this time next season we might be looking at promotion! Now where is my medicine?
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

mikestrand

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on April 30, 2015, 09:49:41 PM
I will stand up and say that if push came to shove, I would rather not have Kit in charge next season.  I do not believe he has the technical ability to change games, know his best team, play people in their best positions or motivate players.
A lot of people on another thread have said that they think Kit should be given until Christmas.  So if the club do keep him on and come Christmas we are no better, then that will be another season wasted.
I am in the Big Sam camp, but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions and whatever happens some people will be happy while others will be upset.
Who knows, Kit might stay and this time next season we might be looking at promotion! Now where is my medicine?
COYW
Who do you want to be in charge at the start of the 15/16 season?
Kit Symons   - 24 (17.9%)
Mark Warburton   - 25 (18.7%)
Sam Allardyce   - 58 (43.3%)
Steve Bruce   - 2 (1.5%)
Mick McCarthy   - 5 (3.7%)
Alan Curbishley   - 2 (1.5%)
Other   - 18 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 134
You're not alone Tup North
Another wasted season coming up

Baszab

Delighted that KS is going to be given a proper chance at managing for his first season in 2015/16 - better than being this season' patsy whilst inheriting a sinking ship - why don't we all try supporting him instead of posting continual and {mostly} unjustified criticism ??

Rudolph

So the revisionism has begun.  Gary Rowett took over a complete basket case in Birmingham and managed to improve them over the season. Kit is useless.

FFC1987

Quote from: Baszab on April 30, 2015, 10:25:57 PM
Delighted that KS is going to be given a proper chance at managing for his first season in 2015/16 - better than being this season' patsy whilst inheriting a sinking ship - why don't we all try supporting him instead of posting continual and {mostly} unjustified criticism ??

Unjustfied criticism isn't an appropriate term here surely?

westcliff white

Personally i am undecided on Kit for next season, but I do think he did well to steady the ship and move us forward. Major blip in the middle of his tenure so far, but towards the end of the season he has had 3 wins, 3 draws and a loss in the last 7 and unbeaten in 5 of those with 2 straight wins.

Yes I have moaned about some performances but we all do that no matter who is in charge, some even moan when we are winning for christs sake.

If the powers that be decided to keep him then my 100% support will be there, they will need to back him in the market (as they would need to back any manager coming in), he did have money in January and didnt spend it that surprised me however I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on that if he stays.

Above all it is always COYW
Every day is a Fulham day

nose

actually, do we know for sure he is confirmed for next season... everything I have seen is speculation.

Kit's interview on line suggests he believes he is next season's manager but I thought the owner's comments in the last programme were a little ambiguous in that he was looking forward to next season and had confidence that with rigg in place we would do well..... but I am not sure he mentioned our manager, and that i thought spoke volumes.

If left in place, kit has to hit the ground running next season and we need to get off to a flyer OR play some scintilating football.....   

If a change is happening it needs to be quick, if not I think the board should confirm in no uncertain terms that kit is our man.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on April 30, 2015, 09:31:50 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 30, 2015, 09:02:52 PM

Me neither. We really haven't been convincing for more than 4-5 games out of 38. If Rigg is in complete control of signings then I suppose giving kit a go isn't going to leave us with his players but you would have thought we could get a better replacement in the off season than mid.
The vast majority of fans, me included also agree with this, so why would Rigg not look for a replacement ?   My guess is that he is looking at serious upgrades to Kit like maybe Big Sam or McCarthy, but unless they become available or are willing to move, we will keep Kit.  This actually seems a reasonable position.  What Rigg must do however is have all this sorted out before the close season ends and if possibe very soon after this season ends.  We need a massive re-build and the new manager needs to be in place to oversee this, especially if next season we are serious about promotion.  Then agan - look at Watford - oh well !!

FulhamStu

It is absolutely not unjustified though.  Look at the games.  We have picked up many points where undeserved because we have players like McCormack who are top notch in this league.  The managers influence has been very suspect in most areas.

westcliff white

we have also lost or drawn some games which we have not deserved too as well, people tend to forget that, i think they say thats football for you
Every day is a Fulham day

Twig

Quote from: Ordar on April 30, 2015, 03:55:14 PM
I didnt slag off Symons in my post. I was quoting what was said in the press conference. I merely said I was worried he was going to stay. Quite clearly he is tactically inept. It doesnt make him a bad person and I appreciate what he has done for the club, it doesnt make him a good manager.

Putting out loan signings and players who are going to leave again for the final game of the season is ridiculous. Its extremely likely that only 4 or 5 of the players that start at the weekend will be starting the first game next year.

If the younger players cant get game time in such a relatively meaningless game for us, when are they going to play?!

Why is he quite clearly tactically inept?  And no I am not annoyed.

Twig

Quote from: FulhamStu on May 01, 2015, 10:11:30 AM
It is absolutely not unjustified though.  Look at the games.  We have picked up many points where undeserved because we have players like McCormack who are top notch in this league.  The managers influence has been very suspect in most areas.

So if we have picked up points that are undeserved the table lies at the end of the season does it?