watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR even more trouble at Blackpool

Started by Peabody, April 30, 2015, 08:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

It would appear that a statue of Stan Mortenson has mysteriously disappeared.

For those that do not know, Stan played for Blackpool in the 50s and scored a hattrick in the famous Matthews final in 1953. He also was an England International.

Mince n Tatties

Its where the fans were going to protest at the home game
on Saturday...
Clubs in a real state, Oyston behind it no doubt.

Burt

Blackpool fans have called on the club owners to restore a statue of legendary ex-player Stan Mortensen they claim was removed before a demonstration.

Fans' groups planned to lay memorabilia at the statue outside the ground on Saturday but have alleged it was taken down to thwart the action.

Demo organisers also said the club would take legal action to stop fans gaining access to the statue.

Nobody from Blackpool FC or its owners the Oystons was available for comment.

A demonstration against the way the Oyston family run the club is due to take place before the last game of the season on Saturday. This could see the already-relegated team finish with the least number of points recorded in the Championship.

Fans group the Tangerine Knights said it had a witness who saw men in high-visibility jackets removing the statue on Tuesday.

"To remove the statue of someone so beloved by the fans of the club that they themselves helped pay for, is beyond contempt," said a joint statement by the Tangerine Knights and the Blackpool Supporters Trust.

"Stan Mortensen is a hero to tens of thousands, most of whom never saw him play, he is an icon of all that is good about BFC and the community to which it belongs."

The Tangerine Knights said the police told the group the club would take legal action against anyone trying to place memorabilia at the statue.

"We are sure that the club will have some legitimate reason for the removal, however the timing is very coincidental," said the group.

Christine Seddon, of the Blackpool Supporters Trust, said: "I can't say I'm surprised, we don't know why it has gone but I suspect it has something to do with our demonstration."

The statue was placed outside the ground in 2005 as a tribute to the Seasiders' centre forward who scored a hat-trick in the team's famous 1953 FA Cup Final victory. Fans raised part of the funds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-32509407

Logicalman

Perhaps they would like our MJ statue? Not too many protests when that one disappeared.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Riverside

Quote from: Logicalman on May 01, 2015, 01:18:48 PM
Perhaps they would like our MJ statue? Not too many protests when that one disappeared.

And not too many points since it disappeared ....
Makes you wonder ?
Then after wondering makes you consider your sanity ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookieg

Quote from: Riverside on May 01, 2015, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on May 01, 2015, 01:18:48 PM

And not too many points since it disappeared ....
Makes you wonder ?
Then after wondering makes you consider your sanity ...

No doubt about it. When that statue went we received an Egyptian curse and it all went horrible wrong.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk