more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff 05.05.15

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 05, 2015, 08:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Kit keen to keep duo

Fulham boss Kit Symons is determined to keep hold of goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli and rookie winger Patrick Roberts.

Kit keen to keep duo England Under-21 keeper Bettinelli has been linked with a move to Chelsea while teenage starlet Roberts is reportedly being monitored by a number of top sides including Manchester City and Arsenal. But Symons said: "We can keep them, for sure, and that's what we plan on doing. They've developed at this football club and they'll continue to develop here. It's a good place for young players to be. "We want to keep hold of all our best young players, we want them to have a bright future with Fulham." Symons also confirmed captain Scott Parker will be staying at Craven Cottage. "Scotty has another year on his contract so he'll be here," he added. "He's been one of our better performers over the course of the season. He's a very good player, a talismanic type of player who has a lot to offer."

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/fulham/kit-keen-to-keep-duo-1768333.html

Friendsoffulham

Fulham fighting for young duo

Fulham boss Kit Symons hopes he can hang on to Patrick Roberts and Marcus Bettinelli amid interest from Premier League clubs. Fulham fighting for young duo Despite a disappointing season on the field for the Cottagers, Roberts and Bettinelli have enhanced their growing reputations as ones to watch for the future, with both players being linked with summer switches as a result. England Under-21 goalkeeper Bettinelli is said to be a target for Chelsea, while both Manchester City and Arsenal are reportedly considering making a move for winger Roberts. Despite the financial power of the interested parties, Symons remains confident he can hang on to the pair as he looks to build a team capable of challenging for promotion next season. Symons said: "We can keep them, for sure, and that's what we plan on doing. They've developed at this football club and they'll continue to develop here. It's a good place for young players to be. "We want to keep hold of all our best young players, we want them to have a bright future with Fulham."

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/championship/fulham-fighting-for-young-duo-1768363.html

Friendsoffulham

Smith Looking Forward

Despite what Matt Smith referred to as "a difficult afternoon" at Carrow Road when the Whites suffered a 4-2 defeat against Norwich City in the final match of the Sky Bet Championship season, the English striker now has his eye cast firmly on the 2015/16 campaign.

"That's the end of the season, and what's happened has happened," Smith told fulhamfc.com after the game on Saturday. "That's the past and all we can really affect now is the future. Ultimately we need to be positive going into the pre-season campaign and look to really give it a good go next season."

Smith scored a wonderful goal for the Whites in the 83rd minute, but it was not enough to change the momentum of the match, which by that stage was firmly in favour of the Canaries.

"We prepared for the game in the same manner and vein that we do all games, and we wanted to put in a good performance to finish the season," he said. "But I think their quality showed in the end. We had a very difficult afternoon.

"The second half we gave it a good go and we looked dangerous going forward but I think over the 90 minutes they were thoroughly deserving of the three points."

Whilst his focus is on the future, Smith did have a moment to reflect on the past nine months, which he surmises were "interesting".

Smith made the move to Fulham from Leeds United on transfer deadline day in September, playing three games for the Whites before he was loaned out to League One outfit Bristol City. During his time at Ashton Gate he helped the Robins to the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final, and also significantly aided their ultimately successful promotion campaign, before returning to Fulham on March 1st.

Looking back at his eventful season, Smith said: "I've had a number of different managers, represented three top clubs, played in a number of different competitions. But I've got two medals to show for it and 19 goals, so personally I feel like I've accomplished a lot.

"But I am a little bit disappointed that I haven't been able to show the fans here at Fulham a bit more of what I am about. I think they've just seen glimpses of it, so my aim for next season will be to show them really what I'm all about, progress even more and continue to hit personal targets."

Smith believes that both he and the Club can realistically achieve their aims next season.

"If you look at the Club as a whole, it's a fantastic club," he said. "Having represented a few sides in my time it's very noticeable coming in that the infrastructure is really there for what could be a very successful club and a very successful team, so hopefully we can look forward to a much more successful season next season."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/may/05/matt-smith

Friendsoffulham

Fulham FC Goal of the Season 2014-15

185 fans voted on the 4/5th May 2015 for the Goal Of The Season from a short list of 10.

In reverse order:

www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLY8T1xH7hxopNeqTcMIGCMAKTI3fMfFEt&v=T_gPMDZpGXc

www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLY8T1xH7hxopNeqTcMIGCMAKTI3fMfFEt&v=sun7IE4L69I

WINNER

www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLY8T1xH7hxopNeqTcMIGCMAKTI3fMfFEt&t=40&v=GHi5ppHwq0I

Thank you to all 185 fans who took part and a worthy winner from the breakout star of the season.

http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/articles/goal-of-the-season-2014-15-7-598.html

Friendsoffulham

Fulham FC 2014-15 Best of (and worst)

What was the worst performance of the season? (396 voters)

Friday night curse looking at the top 3

What was the best performance of the season? (400 voters)

Young Player of the Year (416 voters)

Marcus Bettinelli Young Player of the Year with 67.77% of the vote

Player of the year (416 voters)

Ross McCormack Player of the Year with 79.6% of the vote

Moment of the season

Below is a word cloud of the comments made. You can see from this what made the headlines for us this season.

See more at: http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/articles/fulham-fc-2014-15-the-best-and-worst-of--7-599.html#sthash.QBkzBmZv.dpuf

Friendsoffulham

Fulham striker set to leave the club and join Turkish giants Fenerbache?

Filed Under  Fenerbache, Fulham, Kostas Mitroglou

Fulham striker Kostas Mitroglou is reportedly set to be offloaded to Turkish side Fenerbache, according to reports in Get West London.

Since joining Fulham for a staggering £12 million back in January 2014, the Greek international has failed to make the impact that the owners had hoped for, as the forward spent most of his first season in England on the bench with little opportunities coming his way.

With the player being unhappy with Championship football, the London based club decided that it was only right to send him out on loan and he made his way back to Olympiakos.

This season, the striker has bagged an impressive 19 goals in 33 appearances for the Greek side but unfortunately for them, they are unable to afford their former striker on a permanent basis.

Amid those reports, Turkish giants Fenerbache are ready to swoop for his signature. However, Fulham may block the move as Fenerbache want to do a straight swap deal with their current forward Emmanuel Emenike.

The Nigerian international is wanted off the books by the Turkish side and they see a swap deal as a perfect solution to both sides problems.

Friendsoffulham

Fulham want Newcastle United understudy goalkeeper Rob Elliot

Newcastle United's Rob Elliot in action against West Ham

Fulham are eyeing a move for Newcastle United goalkeeper Rob Elliot.

Sources in the capital say that Elliot is keen on a return to London and Craven Cottage could be a destination. Elliot still has another year left on his contract at St James' Park but he is facing the prospect of being third choice at Newcastle next season – even if he is fully fit.

Elliot has made just five appearances for Newcastle this term and has suffered injury problems. And should United manage to keep hold of Tim Krul it will be the Dutchman and Karl Darlow - who starts training with the Magpies in July after a move from Nottingham Forest - who will do battle for the gloves next term.

Of course, Krul will start the season as first choice but the addition of some quality competition for the gloves could benefit the Dutch international.

Elliot joined Newcastle from Charlton Athletic and has made just 22 appearances in four years.

United will be unlikely to stand in Elliot's way if he wants to go with Freddie Woodman and Paul Woolston both England youth internationals and impressing in the reserve and youth ranks this term.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-want-newcastle-united-understudy-9184073

Bill2

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 05, 2015, 09:07:09 PM
Fulham striker set to leave the club and join Turkish giants Fenerbache?

Filed Under  Fenerbache, Fulham, Kostas Mitroglou

Fulham striker Kostas Mitroglou is reportedly set to be offloaded to Turkish side Fenerbache, according to reports in Get West London.

Since joining Fulham for a staggering £12 million back in January 2014, the Greek international has failed to make the impact that the owners had hoped for, as the forward spent most of his first season in England on the bench with little opportunities coming his way.

With the player being unhappy with Championship football, the London based club decided that it was only right to send him out on loan and he made his way back to Olympiakos.

This season, the striker has bagged an impressive 19 goals in 33 appearances for the Greek side but unfortunately for them, they are unable to afford their former striker on a permanent basis.

Amid those reports, Turkish giants Fenerbache are ready to swoop for his signature. However, Fulham may block the move as Fenerbache want to do a straight swap deal with their current forward Emmanuel Emenike.

The Nigerian international is wanted off the books by the Turkish side and they see a swap deal as a perfect solution to both sides problems.
No he sounds a nightmare, we will just have to take Mitroglou back.