News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BBC now just reporting that Jol has still to decide his future!

Started by NorthernWhite, July 20, 2010, 09:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

Oh god, this is just going to be painful isn't it!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8829195.stm

Ajax coach Martin Jol still in frame to be Fulham boss 

Jol was replaced by Juande Ramos at Tottenham in 2007
Martin Jol is still weighing up whether to become Fulham manager, despite reports in the Netherlands claiming he will stay with Ajax "in principle".

Fulham held talks with the 54-year-old Dutchman and hoped to appoint him as Roy Hodgson's successor this week.

More to follow.

AlFayedsChequebook

It is very bizarre because the BBC are usually the last ones to break anything. Maybe they have some info or maybe they are just saying the opposite of sky to get one over on them.

NorthernWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 20, 2010, 10:01:44 AM
It is very bizarre because the BBC are usually the last ones to break anything. Maybe they have some info or maybe they are just saying the opposite of sky to get one over on them.

It is and the BBC normally don't just go off other people's quotes. I wonder if they've spoken to Jol or one of his entourage for the information?

Willard

It seems to me that he's giving Ajax an ultimatum about not selling the stars and getting in some other players, but if they haven't got the money and are in an unhealthy financial position are they willing to accommodate him just to keep him?

AlFayedsChequebook

If Jol decides to come join us I hope that Mackintosh gets a good bonus because he will be the one in Amsterdam convincing him to come to Fulham

Lighthouse

Exactly right Willard. BBC say the deal may hinge on whether Ajax will let Jol keep his star players and provide funds for new recruits.

All smacks of playing one club off against another
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mrska

I was really looking forward to the season.. woy had become a distant memory..  now im gutted and beginning to panic..