watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Do We Think Of Robbie Keane?

Started by White Noise, July 19, 2010, 08:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

The Evening Standard tonight has a back page main story saying that Jol wants to bring Keane to join him at Fulham.

Is Keane now just a highly paid journeyman or does he still have something to offer?

Lighthouse

Keane is two seasons passed his best. On saying that I can see a partnership with BZ working very well. I would welcome him as ONE of the forwards we need to buy. Right now we are so short up front a couple of class forwards are a must.

Robbie Keane still has something to offer given the right support and supply.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

LRCN

really good player who went off the rails at liverpool and i'm not really sure why.

Jimpav

He has an eye for goal and can be relied onto get at least 10 goals a season which is never a bad thing.

I don't think it was his choice to become a journeyman. Spurs sensibly took the big money to sell him to liverpool where he genuinely wanted to play. It was an easy choice for him to go back to Spurs and again up to Celtic. Shows a willingness to play and that he is very keen exusing the pun. It was always going to be hard to get matches when you are competing with torres and four other very good strikers at Spurs.

At the right price (under 10mil) he would be a good buy and no doubt get a few more bums on seats to boot.

As a person he can come across as quite petulant and ba tempered. This again could be a sign of passion though.

HatterDon

didn't tear up the SPL and, playing for Celtic, he played against only ONE team that is CCC quality [the rest of the SPL being L1 of L2]. If we get him on a free and for 1/3 of his wages, that'd be just fine with me. Having said that,

HE'S ON TOTTENHAM'S BOOKS AND WE'LL GET HIM OFF OF 'ARRY THE SAME WAY AS WE GOT BALE, BENTLEY, AND THE OTHERS IN THE LAST COUPLE OF WINDOWS.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

Need we answer that question WN?

Simply.... unwanted.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 19, 2010, 08:23:24 PM
Keane is two seasons passed his best.

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 19, 2010, 08:48:24 PM
Good promising youngster  :doh:

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 19, 2010, 09:02:02 PM

Simply.... unwanted.

Ooooh, Robbie, are you the Duffster in disguise? :023:

Tom

Would love to have Keane at the Cottage!  :54:
Fulham for life!

Fernhurst

This may be the price we have to pay to become a different kind of team.

Never been a fan of Keane's attitude...... KCat's worst nightmare also ( where is that young lady BTW??)

We have always had "nice" players who get us to the top of the "fair play league" but would you swap that this season for a top 6 place??

Jol has a reputation for good football, but to go to the likes of Stoke and Bolton and get 3 points we may need a few more "unsettling" players with an unquenchable will to win.

Ohhhhhh this is so interesting  :dft011:

richardhkirkando

Robbie Keane is still very, very good.  Could potentially be our best player, and I would be thrilled to have him.

BarryP

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 19, 2010, 09:23:16 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 19, 2010, 08:23:24 PM
Keane is two seasons passed his best.

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 19, 2010, 08:48:24 PM
Good promising youngster  :doh:

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 19, 2010, 09:02:02 PM

Simply.... unwanted.

Ooooh, Robbie, are you the Duffster in disguise? :023:

I think that is a very astute question.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Bradstow

Quote from: White Noise on July 19, 2010, 08:19:12 PM
The Evening Standard tonight has a back page main story saying that Jol wants to bring Keane to join him at Fulham.

Is Keane now just a highly paid journeyman or does he still have something to offer?

Very talented player who has not achieved what he is capable of. Can still work wonders in the right team and under the right manager. FFC and MJ may just be what he needs. Probably an essential signing since it sadly looks like AJ may never come back.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

finnster01

Quote from: Bradstow on July 20, 2010, 06:50:19 AM

Very talented player who has not achieved what he is capable of. Can still work wonders in the right team and under the right manager. FFC and MJ may just be what he needs. Probably an essential signing since it sadly looks like AJ may never come back.

Mr Bradstow,

I agree with everything you said, except for the "sadly" part
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tom

Quote from: finnster01 on July 20, 2010, 06:54:57 AM
Quote from: Bradstow on July 20, 2010, 06:50:19 AM

Mr Bradstow,

I agree with everything you said, except for the "sadly" part
I am with you finnster!
Fulham for life!