more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz' contract extended

Started by ffcjazzle, May 15, 2015, 06:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: Forever Fulham on May 15, 2015, 07:21:18 PM
What?!  Our best player is staying another year?  OK with me.   (Sorry, Nose, couldn't help myself.)
Whatever you are on please save some for me, perhaps your post would have been better worded "potentially and by previous reputation" our best player but lacks an awful lot I am afraid even competing in our league!!! He would probably be number 1 in the 1st division, but fortunately not given that chance for another season!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

YankeeJim

This confirms that Kit is going. If Ruiz and Kit both went, just who would we whine about?  :dead horse:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on May 15, 2015, 09:49:51 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 15, 2015, 09:44:30 PM
Look..
If we don't get an offer we have an excellent player on our books...
If we do get fee, rather the he goes for free, then that's also a good thing!

What's difficult to understand?

Or we continue to pay 60-70k a week for 5 good performances a season and some beautiful first touches and he goes for free at the end of the season.

I love this he ll come good attitude.
Hmm, played correctly he may prove to be the real thing?
Seems very strange that he has proved and continues to prove this constantly elsewhere!
He is a very, very good football player and true professional that unfortunately made the mistake of joining a team with NO ambition!

I wonder why anyone with potential leaves this club?
Why do you think?

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 15, 2015, 10:05:27 PM
Quote from: WestCountryWhite on May 15, 2015, 09:49:51 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 15, 2015, 09:44:30 PM
Look..
If we don't get an offer we have an excellent player on our books...
If we do get fee, rather the he goes for free, then that's also a good thing!

What's difficult to understand?

Or we continue to pay 60-70k a week for 5 good performances a season and some beautiful first touches and he goes for free at the end of the season.

I love this he ll come good attitude.
Hmm, played correctly he may prove to be the real thing?
Seems very strange that he has proved and continues to prove this constantly elsewhere!
He is a very, very good football player and true professional that unfortunately made the mistake of joining a team with NO ambition!

I wonder why anyone with potential leaves this club?
Why do you think?

What on earth has he proved? Thrived in a second rate league and a few decent games at a world cup. If I had a pound for every player that had a good world cup then flops elsewhere I'd be able to pay a week of his wages.

We have more potential now then anytime in the last 10 years, LVC,Roberts, Hyndman to name but a few.

I agree with the lack of ambition though.

Max Headroom

I feel sorry for Ruiz. He wants to go. He has been professional. Hopefully this is just a way to get a bit more money.

nose

the whole thing sums up the way we are run... we should show some class and just get rid of him

Artful Dodger

He doesn't want to be here....that's enough for me to want him to go. If it is a ploy to get a fee, then great but he isn't a player we need at Fulham. Yes he has talent but he only shows it very sporadically or when virtually playing alongside our centre backs - he doesn't seem to hurt the opposition often enough.

Plus when he goes, it will save another source of argument amongst fans!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

F.luke

Oh no surely not I can't face seeing him in a Fulham shirt again, wish I haven't renewed my ST now.  Can't believe so many on this board rate him, 5 mins a match that's about all you get

Pie and mash

It's quite cute people still think he'll come good after 4 years

St. Andrews White

He said on his twitter that he's going to negotiate with other clubs.
We renew his contract, sell him, get some cash and spend it wisely.
Simple.
It's not very different for him, simply he can go to whoever actually wants him, so I don't exactly feel too bad for him.
A few weeks and he can be gone from here and forget this nightmare ever happened.

Why all the debate?
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

fulham traveller

Great news if you ask Me, if he gets sold them it will cost 3m if he stays he is a class player, just let him where his Costa Rica kit

WestCountryWhite

I'm not sure why people think we will get anything for him? No one wanted to buy him before even after an OK world cup

PokerMatt

Quote from: mccscratch on May 15, 2015, 09:27:36 PM
I am a bit feisty today... it has been a rough week at the 9-5..

Anyone that thinks excersising our option on Bryan Ruiz was a bad bit of business is clueless...

Bryan Ruiz is a top ten in the Championship when it comes to talent...

He has been nothing but a professional throughout the entire fiasco where the club screwed up his paperwork to move to La Liga

In the right formation.. he could be a deadly player... there is a reason he was in the World Cup all tournament teams.

Either we have great player next season to help push for promotion or we get a fee...NO BRAINER
Well said.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

nose

Quote from: PokerMatt on May 16, 2015, 08:28:25 AM
Quote from: mccscratch on May 15, 2015, 09:27:36 PM
I am a bit feisty today... it has been a rough week at the 9-5..

Anyone that thinks excersising our option on Bryan Ruiz was a bad bit of business is clueless...

Bryan Ruiz is a top ten in the Championship when it comes to talent...

He has been nothing but a professional throughout the entire fiasco where the club screwed up his paperwork to move to La Liga

In the right formation.. he could be a deadly player... there is a reason he was in the World Cup all tournament teams.

Either we have great player next season to help push for promotion or we get a fee...NO BRAINER
Well said.

i agree it was well said... nicely put but unfortunately i completely disagree.
after all these seasons ruiz has failed to make an impact in virtually anyt game. a couple of passes, a defensive header from a set piece here and there and two beautiful lobbed goals doesn't make up for his ponderous nature, he is slow, weak and most of his passes are lame sideway or backward tip taps. he may have ability but he is not talented because he does not make an impact on the game.
good bad or indifferent i can tell when ross plays, he is involved, ruiz in any position is a waste of space. i know we do not agree but that was my point of view and the game he did play well you can check i praise him.. it's just too infrequent.
and ... he wants to leave.. so let him go.

simplyfulham

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on May 16, 2015, 05:53:34 AM
I'm not sure why people think we will get anything for him? No one wanted to buy him before even after an OK world cup

THIS

This is the crux of the issue really. He's not keen on being here next season, was probably told he could go in the summer (100% total speculation from me) and now the club have forced him into another season.

While yes he has been largely professional up to this point (barring a few disparaging comments while he was on loan at PSV that everyone has conveniently forgotten) why he would continue to do so, if indeed he does want to leave, is beyond me.

It would be hard to blame the guy if he does kick up a stink over this to be fair.

love4ffc

Quote from: simplyfulham on May 16, 2015, 03:42:48 PM
Quote from: WestCountryWhite on May 16, 2015, 05:53:34 AM

THIS

This is the crux of the issue really. He's not keen on being here next season, was probably told he could go in the summer (100% total speculation from me) and now the club have forced him into another season.

While yes he has been largely professional up to this point (barring a few disparaging comments while he was on loan at PSV that everyone has conveniently forgotten) why he would continue to do so, if indeed he does want to leave, is beyond me.

It would be hard to blame the guy if he does kick up a stink over this to be fair.

Completely agree with this logic.  If (and that is an "if") he was told he could leave in the summer and now we are saying no unless we get a fee....then again we as a club have shown poor judgement and a lack of character.   

If the above is true then just let him go.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

MJG

So Ruiz not happy at all when reading his quotes.

Wearethewhites

The Club have every right to extend Ruiz's contract. At the end of the day, Bryan is still worth 4 million of anyones money, so why should we let him walk for free? Nice to see us toughening up for a change, he cost us 10 million!!

If you remember, we did this EVS, rather than let him go to United on free, he signed a years extension before going.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 16, 2015, 07:21:14 PM
If you remember, we did this EVS, rather than let him go to United on free, he signed a years extension before going.

Exactly.  He signed an extension, this is the club activating a clause on the contract of a player they've tried to get rid of for the last three transfer windows in an attempt to get some money for him.

He ain't gonna bring in much of a transfer fee, nowhere near £4million, and we could be left with a player we don't want and who doesn't want to be here on wages which could cover two, maybe three players.

MJG

Ahh  but he agreed to that as he felt we should get a fee. So well done to EVS.

At least now those who always asked for quotes from Ruiz saying he wanted to leave have them.