Anyone take brede or sidwell back?

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, May 19, 2015, 07:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: epsomraver on May 20, 2015, 09:16:50 AM
Quote from: Black, White and Fred on May 20, 2015, 08:53:11 AM
Sidwell: Yes (but not as a starter)
Brede: Love him, but it's a no.

Not much point looking backwards, we need to kick on.

With what? Felix ripped the heart out of the team and left us with nothing to go forward , look at Norwich and us, they kept the crux of their team, got shot of the overpaid deadwood as in Wolfswinkel and  co and they are where we should have been

Talking about now Epsom. No point bringing back the players that as you rightly put ripped the heart out of our team when they were wrongly discarded,  I think we need to build a new team.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

fulhamben

Double no from me. We need to move forwards not backwards. Plus I think lvc is already better than sidwell, and brede was past it two years ago
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Apprentice to the Maestro

How about getting Zamora and Baird back?  :022:

jj____

I think they'd bring a bunch of veteran leadership which I'm not sure we have at the moment.  I think Brede is really passionate about the club, and I'm not really trying to have a go at our players and suggest anything about them, but I'm not sure any player "gets" Fulham like Kit or Brede do.

Watched a few Palace matches Brede featured in and he does appear to have lost a step.  I really don't think he would be able to come in and be the best CB we'd have on the roster, especially assuming we make a signing or two there.  Sidwell would be very serviceable for us

MJG

Clearly many of you have forgotten that for every goal Sidwell gets he makes a silly foul on the edge of our box giving the oppo a golden opportunity to score.
Also like Hutchinson and his passing, if he played kick the ball against a brick wall on his own, he would miss the wall.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on May 20, 2015, 12:36:44 PM
Clearly many of you have forgotten that for every goal Sidwell gets he makes a silly foul on the edge of our box giving the oppo a golden opportunity to score.
Also like Hutchinson and his passing, if he played kick the ball against a brick wall on his own, he would miss the wall.
i havent forgot anything. the parker sidwell combo was the worst in the entire history of the club.

grandad

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 19, 2015, 08:10:38 PM
Quote from: FPT on May 19, 2015, 08:00:26 PM
There's always a place for Brede Hangeland at Fulham FC, but not as a player. I don't think Brede has management or coaching in him, but he'd be a wonderful ambassador for the club. An absolute gent and a true professional, Brede would be perfect for PR stuff.

As for Steve Sidwell, god no. Woeful footballer, technically atrocious with high wages. £40k wasn't it? That's up on Bryan Ruiz; and his partnership with Scott Parker in central midfield is a good part that saw us eventually relegated. I'd rather we chucked Barry Hayles up top than a technically poor central midfielder.

Excuse me??  Sidwell scored a goal for us that some pundits called "Messi-esque"! Give the chap his due.

Quote from: colinwhite on May 19, 2015, 08:03:52 PM
No I'm afraid not .Brede is too slow now and Sidwell hasn't played all year . We need new energy new life and move forward ,not look to the past .There is no place for sentiment in football .

The 'kids' took Fulham down and will keep us down.  We need VETS; experienced proven footballers to take us up!  I've seen some average players in their 'prime' become brilliant in their veteran years, Sidwell a good example, Schwarzer another, Brian McBride was fantastic in his last full season.

Oh yes, Vets did the world of good for the Hahas.. God forbid we go down that road. No to Hangeland & Sidwell. A nice blend of some of our kids together with some quality Championship hardened players under 28 y.o
Where there's a will there's a wife

leonffc

A bit like Scott Parker but without the goal scoring bit then?
I'd like Sidwell back to be honest. Energy in midfield, chips in with goals and, OK, sometimes there are silly fouls but he adds bite, something we clearly missed last year.
And he seems to want to come back and I'd rather a player here because he wants to be than a player because he's getting a better wage than he could have somewhere else.

Not sure on Brede now. I wasn't a great fan in the prem because of his mistakes, especially towards the end but I thought he do a decent job if he stayed last year. But we've got Burn who is tall and can't pass now so there's no point

rusty shackleford

Id take them both. Id take Brede at any age. Probably my favourite player

epsomraver

Chris baird, there is another player we should have kept, still keeps his international slot, if he came back it would take the pressure of Ruiz for the sniping if nothing else, Baird was a player sadly misjudged by a lot of Fulham fans

MJG

So from reading this forum this week we now have a back four of
Rosenior-Baird-Hangeland-Konchesky

with Sidwell sitting in front of them.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: MJG on May 20, 2015, 02:31:40 PM
So from reading this forum this week we now have a back four of
Rosenior-Baird-Hangeland-Konchesky

with Sidwell sitting in front of them.

That's what I call progress.

PaulJ123

Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2015, 12:41:25 PM
i havent forgot anything. the parker sidwell combo was the worst in the entire history of the club.

:plus one:

If it was a midfield of Sidwell Hyndman LVC I could probably get on board. Can't sit through another 90minutes (probably 60 minutes nowadays) with Parker and Sidwell in CM.

Sidwell would be good in the champ but I'd like to see us go after a younger player (around 24/25) from a lower league team if needed. That said, I've seen Shrewsbury play this season a few times and they have a CM called Ryan Woods who looks very handy. They also have a CB called Goldson who looks like a cracking little player. Doubt they'd be too expensive either. (get me in the scouting team  :005:)

epsomraver

Of course you have been around for all these years to know these things, don't remember streams being around then though :005:

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on May 20, 2015, 08:43:28 PM

Of course you have been around for all these years to know these things, don't remember streams being around then though :005:
didnt need streams, its in the football hall of fame records. its under the worst midfield combo in the entire history of football section. they are bang number 1. closely followed by the parker / hoogland combo

hovewhite

Have to say brede is a legend but playing wise squad player/coach as for sidwell he was warrior in there shirt,but not with nosy ,please not with nosy either on there own in there side but not together!!