more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

qpr cost cutting

Started by fulhamben, May 19, 2015, 12:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

just given ramsey a 3 year contract.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

Plus Ramsey is there now and will know what needs to be done at the club without huge funds available.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 19, 2015, 12:58:12 PM
Plus Ramsey is there now and will know what needs to be done at the club without huge funds available.
says to me they are not looking to bounce straight back up

mikestrand

Quote from: fulhamben on May 19, 2015, 01:06:31 PM
same as us.

fulhamben

Quote from: mikestrand on May 19, 2015, 01:12:22 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 19, 2015, 01:06:31 PM
same as us.
yep unfortunately. although im still hoping for a change of manager

Apprentice to the Maestro

A sane decision. How uncharacteristic.

I don't see it as cost-cutting except that Ramsey and Ferdinand won't be buying has-beens and wanna-bes on expensive contracts.

QPR need to give up the expensive signings with their huge wages who were only there for the money and themselves and build a team.

Ramsey made a good go of his time in charge and behaved and spoke like a professional who knows what needs to be done. He fully deserves the job. good luck to him.

fulhamben

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 19, 2015, 01:23:12 PM

I don't see it as cost-cutting except that Ramsey and Ferdinand won't be buying has-beens and wanna-bes on expensive contracts.

QPR need to give up the expensive signings with their huge wages who were only there for the money and themselves and build a team.

Ramsey made a good go of his time in charge and behaved and spoke like a professional who knows what needs to be done. He fully deserves the job. good luck to him.
depends oh how you view a good go. think they were only a point from safety when he took over. and if you hire inexperienced managers on a lot less money than the previous one, then how is it not cost cutting?

Quote from: fulhamben on May 19, 2015, 01:32:53 PM

depends oh how you view a good go. think they were only a point from safety when he took over. and if you hire inexperienced managers on a lot less money than the previous one, then how is it not cost cutting?

It may cut the costs but cost-cutting means that the decision was made primarily to cut costs which I don't think is true.

The results seem to me to have been on a par with a struggling team given their opponents but they did seem to be playing more as a team, were unlucky on a couple of occasions from memory and if Austin had been in a good run of form rather then the opposite might have picked up a few more points, not necessarily enough to escape relegation.

Riversider

I think its a good move, I like Chris Ramsey, and I think that this is the first thing ever that Fernandes has got right,
With Ramsey and Ferdinand having such strong connections to Spurs I fully expect QPR to sign 3 or 4 promising Spurs Youngsters, including Pritchard, the lad that has just been on loan at Brentford,
Despite what some think, its not a very strong league, competitive yes, strong, No ! QPR could easily find themselves in the top 6 now.

bobby01

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Denver Fulham

Ramsey inherited a side one point from safety, earned 11 points in 14 matches (8 in 13 before they were mathematically dead) and got relegated, and people here are singing his praises as deserving.

Kit inherited a side four points from safety (albeit very early in the campaign), earned 51 points in 39 matches, kept us up ... and mostly everyone thinks he sucks.

I'm no supporter of Kit as manager, but it seems the grass is always greener.

MJG

Quote from: Denver Fulham on May 19, 2015, 09:26:21 PM
Ramsey inherited a side one point from safety, earned 11 points in 14 matches (8 in 13 before they were mathematically dead) and got relegated, and people here are singing his praises as deserving.

Kit inherited a side four points from safety (albeit very early in the campaign), earned 51 points in 39 matches, kept us up ... and mostly everyone thinks he sucks.

Because it's more complicated than just points won.

aaronmcguigan

The plan seems to be to invest in player development , academy focus and team building which makes it a smart move. It may cut costs but the decision was made to develop the youth which is , if successful,  a profitable one .

Better than buying has beens (QPR of the past), better than buying a lot of talent without managing it properly (Fulham and qprs relegation year) and better than whatever our supposed approach was last season which seemed to get lost in American\ Welsh\ Crazy Magath German translation

Quote from: Denver Fulham on May 19, 2015, 09:26:21 PM

Who was comparing Ramsey with Kit?

Try comparing Ramsey with Redknapp and Hughes.

bog

I like Chris Ramsey, I recall he playing right back for Brighton in the FA cup final. There was an organisational improvement after 'Arry left. Talks a lot of common sense.

092.gif