watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

nfr golf clubs (golf again sorry)

Started by fulhamben, May 19, 2015, 12:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

anyone got the taylor made rocketballz? they are super cheap at the mo due to being last seasons range, so has anyone one used them? would you recommend them if so?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

snarks

Gosh no, Nike all the way for me, in the hope that just by using the clubs made by the same manufacturer that some of Tiger or Rory's skill rubs off (no chance)

westcliff white

Never used them my club of choice for the last 2 years is the Wilson Staff, however new clubs due soon so may change then
Every day is a Fulham day

Bill2

I brought the Stage 2 driver and it ended up in the shed, I couldn't keep it straight. Got the Cleveland 588 now, much better. Also tried the irons at a demo bay at Silvermere driving range, not great and ended up buying Callaway. I have in the past had Taylormade drivers and irons, but these did not suit.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on May 19, 2015, 02:11:39 PM
Never used them my club of choice for the last 2 years is the Wilson Staff, however new clubs due soon so may change then
gmy current ones are the deep reds, love them. But I'm still using my 17 year old Taylor made 3 wood. Figured with new tech I should be able to get 250 plus with the rocketballz

Al

I have a full set of Taylor made rocket ballz clubs. I got them in July last year and can only sing their praises. Got 4 through to the PW and the rescue club and 5 wood. The 5 wood went miles and was comfortable to use so I bought the 3 wood as well. I regularly out drive people using drivers with it. It is always personal choice but for me they have been great value and with my swing improving have proven to be fantastic clubs. My advice would be get them.

Al

I just read your latest comment, I have regularly hit 280 + with the 3 wood and clear 250 with the 5 wood. Tempted to get the driver but just swing under control before taking the plunge

Domino1879

Quote from: Al on May 19, 2015, 07:35:28 PM
I have a full set of Taylor made rocket ballz clubs. I got them in July last year and can only sing their praises. Got 4 through to the PW and the rescue club and 5 wood. The 5 wood went miles and was comfortable to use so I bought the 3 wood as well. I regularly out drive people using drivers with it. It is always personal choice but for me they have been great value and with my swing improving have proven to be fantastic clubs. My advice would be get them.
[/quote

Agree. I have Burner irons which are great, but also Rocketbalz 3, 5 and Driver.  3 and 5 wood I can just about control but the driver still needs taming! Hits the ball miles but a bit wayward.
You need to get down to a range and try some out.  It's a personal choice.

bucksfulham

I had the Rbz 3 wood but couldn't get with it. Gave it to my 17 year old grandson and last week I saw him hit it 310 yards ( last 50 downhill but still a mighty strike). He hits it further than his Cobra Biocell driver!

fulhamben

cheers lads, just ordered the stage 2 tour 14.5 3 wood. my boss better not be in friday :
;)

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 20, 2015, 12:47:44 AM
Nobody has mentioned the 19th hole.
sssshhhh the first rule of golf club is that we dont talk about the 19th. ;)

Twig

Have used Callaway X series irons for years, first X-12's and then X-22's.  Last week I took delivery of a set of custom fitted Callaway Apex.  Just played 9 holes with them so early doors, initial reaction is that they have added significant yardage but I have a tendency to push them out to the right (I am a lefty).  Not sure if this is to do with the different shafts or perhaps just me getting carried away and over swinging, I need to spend time on the range but at this time of year in Dubai that is not a terribly enticing prospect!

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 20, 2015, 02:57:22 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2015, 01:00:16 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 20, 2015, 12:47:44 AM
Nobody has mentioned the 19th hole.
sssshhhh the first rule of golf club is that we dont talk about the 19th. ;)

I see, ok, I won't say a Dickie Bird.
Whats he got to do with tennis
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't