more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff 23.05.15

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 22, 2015, 09:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Wallace Not Coming!

Fulham lose out to another Championship club.

As Kit Symons tries to reshape the Fulham squad, ahead of what we hope will be a push for promotion back to the Premier League next season, it appears our manager has lost out in the chase for one particular player.

Speculation, in recent weeks, had seen Fulham Football Club linked with the acquisition of the Portsmouth player Jed Wallace.

However, it seems that the quest to bring the 21-year-old midfielder to Craven Cottage has ended in disappointment with the news being broken by the tabloid media, this morning, that Wallace is about to put pen-to-paper on a deal with Wolverhampton Wanderers with a transfer fee of £275,00 being quoted.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=400527#ixzz3att9KqZK

Friendsoffulham

Birmingham, Fulham and Wigan target free agent

Birmingham City, Fulham and Wigan Athletic are reportedly targeting winger Paul Anderson.

The 26-year-old is available on a free after Ipswich Town informed him that his contract would not be immediately renewed earlier this week.

The Blues and the Cottagers lead the Latics the race for the midfielder, due to their Championship status, but the trio are all looking at offering the former Nottingham Forest player a deal.

Anderson, who scored in the play-off semi-final against rivals Norwich, scored six times in 64 appearances in his two seasons at Portman Road.

http://www.shoot.co.uk/category/news/birmingham-fulham-and-wigan-target-free-agent/

Friendsoffulham

Fulham confident of holding on to Chelsea transfer target Marcus Bettinelli

Fulham are confident they are winning the battle to persuade Marcus Bettinelli to ignore a move to Chelsea and stay at Craven Cottage.

Chelsea are looking to sign two goalkeepers during the summer to strengthen support for No1 Thibaut Courtois.

Mourinho is an admirer of Bettinelli, who has just one year left on his contract to run.

But Fulham began talks with the 22-year-old over an extension last month and are optimistic the promise of regular first team football will convince him to stay.

Bettinelli started 45 games this season and Fulham feel that staying at the club would be the wisest move.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-confident-of-holding-on-to-chelsea-transfer-target-marcus-bettinelli-10269615.html

Friendsoffulham

Goal Of The Season

Voting is now open for Fulham's 2014/15 Goal of the Season.

Scoring goals was not a problem for the Whites last season as we netted 71 times in all competitions, with more than a few beauties along the way.

It wasn't easy, but we've whittled that down to our 10 favourite strikes of the campaign and now it's up to you to choose the best.

There a variety of different efforts to select, from Matt Smith's stunner at home to Wigan Athletic, to Lasse Vigen Christensen's gut-busting run and finish against Sheffield Wednesday.

Or perhaps you'll opt for a goal of huge significance, such as Sean Kavanagh's first for the Club which saw off league leaders Norwich City, or Nikolay Bodurov's clever poke to set us on our way to a marvellous victory over high-flying Derby County.

Have a watch of the video below to remind yourself of the 10 excellent goals, before choosing your favourite with the buttons underneath.

Voting closes at midday on Friday 29th May.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/may/22/goal-of-the-season

Friendsoffulham

Kiraly Called Up

Gabor Kiraly has been named in the Hungary squad for their upcoming matches in June.

They face Lithuania in Debrecen on Friday 5th of June in a friendly match, before travelling to Helsinki to take on Finland in a European Championship Qualifier eight days later.

Hungary currently sit third in Group F, four points behind Northern Ireland and five adrift of leaders Romania.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/may/22/kiraly-called-up

Friendsoffulham

Why Barry Hayles is playing on at the age of 43

TRURO LEGEND: Barry Hayles has spent his recent seasons playing for Truro City, and would go back

By the time they reach 43, most professional footballers have long since hung up their boots and turned their hand to other areas of the beautiful game. But not Barry Hayles.

Having had a career which stretches back 26 years and includes spells at Bristol Rovers, Fulham and Plymouth Argyle, Hayles has been a thorn in the side of defences from the Spartan League and up.

His first outings for Willesden Hawkeye were the fledgling steps in a stellar career that has seen him represent 12 different clubs at various levels of the English game so far and – incredibly – three different countries on the international stage. A modern day Alfredo di Stefano, if you will.

Hayles represented England C when turning out for Stevenage back in the late 1990s and then received a call-up to the Cayman Islands' s

However, Hayles never played a full international for them as he did not meet eligibility requirements, according to FIFA, but he did play internationally for Jamaica, where he won ten caps for the Reggae Boyz.

Today, Hayles isn't so bothered by his number of international caps or the mega bucks of the Premier League, which he once graced for Fulham.

For the halcyon days of Hayles' stellar career are about his insatiable appetite for the game he just loves to play.

And the Lambeth-born frontrunner has no plans to quit football just yet either, even if his time with his most recent club, Truro City, appears over after he was not offered a deal for next season.

"I just love playing football," Hayles said when asked why he still turns out at the age of 43. "And that's it in a nutshell. As long as my phone is ringing and people want me, I'll keep playing.

"I still want to win games, I still love scoring goals and I want to play at a competitive level. Truro gave me that option.

"I still strive to win things and that's what keeps me going and what keeps driving me on really.

"I have taken care of myself to be able to play at this level and I know it's a cliche, but I take each game as it comes. I am thankful to get through another season!"

However, it is with some sadness when Hayles adds: "I haven't been offered anything for next season yet, but I have offered to be there [at Truro] for next season if they want me. It's a case of seeing what comes up and I will take whatever suits me.

"It would be nice to go back to Truro, but I know that's not going to happen, so I have to be realistic and look to go in a new direction. Hopefully I can play for one more season."

Five-a-side

Being based in London, Hayles was understandably excused from midweek training with the White Tigers as they won their way to promotion from the Conference South by winning the Southern League Premier play-offs this season, with a 1-0 victory over St Neots Town.

Hayles compensates for that by regularly working out at the gym and keeps his match sharpness by playing 5-a-side football with his mates back home.

But he certainly played his part in the Cornish club's success this season, even if his contribution in the play-offs themselves was minimal due to a broken hand.

"You have to give credit to the chairman and the management staff to be fair," he said on Truro's campaign. "We didn't make an amazing start of it, but we have built as the season has gone on and it was great to be a part of it."

But why Truro? Hayles had played for the club before, scoring 27 goals in 76 games between the glory years of 2010 and 2012 before signing for St Albans.

He returned for another brief spell at Treyew Road in 2012-13 and spent last season at Arlesey Town before opting to head to Cornwall for a third spell and prolong his football career.

There were certainly no shortage of clubs – or offers – on his doorstep last summer, so why endure a 550-mile round-trip just for 90 minutes of action on a Saturday afternoon?

"I live in London now and the manager [Steve Tully] called me and then the chairman [Pete Masters] called me and said they wanted me to come back and hopefully we can win promotion," he said.

"That was how it was sold to me and rightly so, we got promoted.

"I had a few other options at the time, including some teams in the same league. But having spoken to the chairman, I knew he had big ideas for the club and where he wants to take the club. That is what sold it to me and why I got on board really.

"And it's worked out well. It's not just been a fantastic season for me, but for all the squad. It's a fantastic achievement."

However, it is not just west of the Tamar that Hayles is remembered so fondly.

'Fantastic times'

Supporters of Plymouth Argyle also hold the bustling frontman in high esteem after two memorable years at Home Park under the management of Ian Holloway, who brought him to the club for £100,000 from Millwall in the summer of 2006.

"They were fantastic times," Hayles recalls. "We had a good squad and were close together and pushing for big things at Plymouth.

"We fell just short of the play-offs and lost in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, so I have fond memories of my time at Plymouth, definitely.

"I still look out for their results and hoped they would get through the play-offs, but Wycombe were just too strong for them to be honest.

"They were always chasing the game and the table didn't lie – Wycombe finished fourth and they looked like a better team.

"They had a game plan and it worked for them, but it was an achievement just to make the play-offs in the first place. Hopefully they can go one better next season."

Read more: http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Barry-Hayles-playing-age-43/story-26554601-detail/story.html#ixzz3atvkKiuW

Friendsoffulham

Roberts On England Duty

Patrick Roberts has been named in the England Under-18 squad for their upcoming double-header in Russia.

The Young Lions will face their hosts at the Arena Khimki on Monday 8th and Wednesday 10th June.

They're not fixtures that England sides tend to fare well in, but head coach Neil Dewsnip is relishing the test.

"We don't want easy games – playing for England is not easy otherwise everybody would be doing it and obviously they are not," he told TheFA.com.

"It does need to be testing and I think Russia away will be particularly challenging. We will be going into an interesting and different culture.

"The England senior side has not won in Russia for over 40 years, so this country does not have the best record there but we will be trying to change that. That's such an exciting challenge in itself."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/may/22/roberts-on-england-duty

Friendsoffulham

Fulham Linked with Former Ipswich Player

A rumour given some daylight by one tabloid suggests that Fulham could be set to offer a recently released midfielder a contract.

On the back of their failure to scrape past Norwich City in the Championship play-off semi-final, Ipswich Town are trimming their squad for an assault on promotion next season.

One of those being let go is Paul Anderson..

Anderson, twenty-six years of age, is a player that could bring some quality and depth to our squad, let`s wait and see where this one takes us shall we.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=400564#ixzz3atwtg6l8

Friendsoffulham

Rizzle Kicks Addition

We're pleased to confirm that there has been a late call-up by the Celebrity All Stars for Saturday's game, with Rizzle Kicks' Harley Alexander joining the squad.

Harley – one half of the successful hip-hop duo – has been recruited by captain Jack Whitehall and will add further depth to a squad that includes former players Jason Euell, David Thompson, Jonathan Fortune and Danny Webber.

Meanwhile, we can confirm that popular Fulham man Paul Peschisolido will now be making an appearance on the day. Pesch played over 100 games for the Whites, during which time he scored 30 goals.

We also regret to announce that former players John Mensah and Laryea Kingston have had to withdraw from the Celebrity All Stars squad.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/may/22/rizzle-kicks-addition

Friendsoffulham

Fulham set to face battle to secure deal for Arsenal midfielder

Fulham and Bournemouth are chasing Arsenal youngster Renny Smith, according to Eagles Element.

The Cherries, now promoted to the Premier League, are eyeing up the 18-year-old midfielder who is ready to move on from the Gunners.

He's already been on trial in Italy at Serie A side Capri and is a very versatile player, and is able to play at full-back if called upon.

The Whites and the Cherries will rival Premier League sides Crystal Palace and Aston Villa for his signature.

His agent has said that he likes the style of football in Serie A but plenty of other clubs are eying him up.

He told CalcioNews24: "Renny loves the Italian style of football, knows the history of Serie A and is fascinated by it.

"I think Italy is the ideal place for his style, as he is a really intelligent player. He has already represented Austria at Under-18 and Under-19 level, so he has experience and character.

"There are several clubs interested in him, but he has always had a passion for Italy, its football and its style. He is ready for this challenge.

"The other clubs tracking Renny are Fulham, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa and more."

Kit Symons' Fulham are looking at another rebuild of there squad this summer after a dire season back in the Sky Bet Championship.

The London club finished in 17th place, amassing 52 points whilst Bournemouth won the league, accumulating 90 points in the process.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-set-to-face-battle-to-secure-deal-for-arsenal-midfielder/

Friendsoffulham

Fulham set for summer swoop for Brentford star?

The midfielder was voted player of the year by the Bees fans at Griffin Park after the maestro was instrumental during their fantastic first season in the second tier of English football.

Mark Warburton's side finished fifth in the league but were knocked out of the play-offs by Middlesbrough who now face Norwich City in the final on Monday 25th of May.

French-Malian Diagouraga started his career in English football, with Watford and went on to play for Peterborough United. In 2010, the central midfielder moved to Brentford and was an immediate hit with the fans.

During the latter stages of the 2013/2014 season, his luck was running out as he was sent on loan to Portsmouth where his fortunes changed. As he arrived back at Griffin Park, he was thrown straight back into the team and his performances in the previous championship campaign have not gone unnoticed.

However, his admirers Fulham had a much worse season than Brentford as they finished 17th in the league, but manager Kit Symons obviously believes that adding the powerful midfielder to his ranks will help improve the team's position during the next Championship season.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-set-for-summer-swoop-for-brentford-star/

WhiteJC