watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yep, we're really flying out the blocks, making an early impression & all that

Started by Wearethewhites, May 24, 2015, 11:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Whilst Kit & Co. are undoubtedly sunning their selves abroad somewhere, another one of our 'supposed' targets had a medical with Nottingham Forest

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3094553/Nottingham-Forest-talks-sign-Matt-Mills-face-competition-Fulham.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

No doubt I will get full blown abuse from people on here about 'the season's just ended' or 'doubt we was linked' etc, but then go and tell both Wolves & Nottingham Forest that, who are already making additions to strengthen their promotion pushes.

Poor showing yet again by FFC

Lighthouse

Only 5 points in the Eurovision Song Contest as well. It really makes you wonder what the hell we are doing. Problem is that if we were waiting for a new manager as we may well be. Then we wouldn't be even looking for players yet. But the song wasn't great. But we deserved more. The winner wouldn't have made my top 5.

Just goes to show that Fulham have no money and no influence in anything anymore. Poor showing indeed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Roberty

Whilst Kit & Co. are undoubtedly sunning their selves abroad somewhere, another one of our 'supposed' targets had a medical with Nottingham Forest

The season ends in May 2016 and it will be better to be leading the pack then rather than now

It is significant that you say supposed - who supposes - did someone at the club tell you we were interested?

The way for a players agent to sell his clients services for the best price is create the impression that other clubs are interested as may well have been the case here
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Roberty on May 24, 2015, 11:45:06 AM

The season ends in May 2016 and it will be better to be leading the pack then rather than now

It is significant that you say supposed - who supposes - did someone at the club tell you we were interested?

The way for a players agent to sell his clients services for the best price is create the impression that other clubs are interested as may well have been the case here

Yes, I was told we had specific interest in this particular player. However, the swing of Freedman prob played a hand with his Bolton connection(s). Still, Kit did confirm that we're sitting down with agents early and talking about certain players. Egg on face springs to mind.

Roberty

Mills seems to have played for every man and his dog since leaving Southampton in 2006 and is on his way out of a relegated club - so I am failing to see why he is in great demand.

I just wonder if there is someone better suited to shoring up our leaky defence on the horizon?

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Roberty on May 24, 2015, 12:01:08 PM
Mills seems to have played for every man and his dog since leaving Southampton in 2006 and is on his way out of a relegated club - so I am failing to see why he is in great demand.

I just wonder if there is someone better suited to shoring up our leaky defence on the horizon?

Hope so, I think Bolton had one of the other worse defenses in the league along with us.

Jem

It isn't over yet. From Vitalfootball:

"However, there is still time for Fulham to steal a march as Forest are currently operating under a transfer embargo whereby they are only able to pick up free agents and are limited by what salary they can pay them."
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

cmg

Quote from: Jem on May 24, 2015, 12:24:37 PM
It isn't over yet. From Vitalfootball:

"However, there is still time for Fulham to steal a march as Forest are currently operating under a transfer embargo whereby they are only able to pick up free agents and are limited by what salary they can pay them."

So he prefers Forest even though they can't cough up a fee for him and won't pay him any wages? Things are worse than I thought.

Personally I don't see why we would want him.
Judging from this photo, Harlequins might be interested, though:

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 24, 2015, 11:24:16 AM
Only 5 points in the Eurovision Song Contest as well. It really makes you wonder what the hell we are doing. Problem is that if we were waiting for a new manager as we may well be. Then we wouldn't be even looking for players yet. But the song wasn't great. But we deserved more. The winner wouldn't have made my top 5.

Just goes to show that Fulham have no money and no influence in anything anymore. Poor showing indeed.

Thats rather funny Mr L, you made me chuckle.. :005:

HatterDon

I'm reading this fully TWO HOURS since the OP and we STILL haven't signed anyone. SHOCKING!!!

Let's make this Kit Out Thread number 653 [this month]
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

H4usuallysitting

Last season Felix decided to do commentary on the World Cup rather than "do" Fulham "stuff".....and he turned out alright didn't he.....incominggg

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: HatterDon on May 24, 2015, 01:04:41 PM
I'm reading this fully TWO HOURS since the OP and we STILL haven't signed anyone. SHOCKING!!!

Let's make this Kit Out Thread number 653 [this month]

Totally impatient.
I phoned an AC company 30 seconds ago and they haven't returned my call yet.
Do they want to sign me as a new customer or not, obviously they have no customer
service procedures and don't want to expand and improve their company.
No doubt their CEO, Service Manager and Sales and Marketing Managers are all incompetent.
I've now finished this post and they still haven't phoned, perhaps they're all at church.

Hang on, the phone's ringing..............
No, it was my daughter.

God it's hot in here.
I'm starting to think they might have phoned someone else before me.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Wearethewhites

I see the usual 'Kit in' numbty's have swamped this thread already a) looking for attention and b) hoping this turns into a 'Kit out' thread so that they can go whining to the Moderators. So what, it's a football forum, get over it.

Back on topic, we have the same old excuses every year. Clubs says it's started early, we get pipped to every player that we're linked to, and it's a mad scramble the day before deadline to get the likes of Parker on board.

I'm sorry old chaps, but until I see otherwise, it's another

Roberty

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 24, 2015, 03:08:48 PM
I see the usual 'Kit in' numbty's have swamped this thread already a) looking for attention and b) hoping this turns into a 'Kit out' thread so that they can go whining to the Moderators. So what, it's a football forum, get over it.

Back on topic, we have the same old excuses every year. Clubs says it's started early, we get pipped to every player that we're linked to, and it's a mad scramble the day before deadline to get the likes of Parker on board.

I thought this was a thread about Mills or did I misunderstand your intentions?

I made to a comment further up about Mills being less that top notch and that perhaps we'd got someone better lined up
Your reply was - " Hope so, I think Bolton had one of the other worse defences in the league along with us"

So can I take it that in view of this latest post that this was meant to be a Kit Out thread after all?

alfie

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 24, 2015, 01:22:57 PM
Last season Felix decided to do commentary on the World Cup rather than "do" Fulham "stuff".....and he turned out alright didn't he.....incominggg

So you actually know where KS is and what he is doing then, please tell us.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 24, 2015, 03:08:48 PM

What I find funny is that you were the one whining on about the abuse you were sure to receive and, when none came your way you saw fit to begin name calling those who've chosen to disagree with your assertion. Fine work on your part.

What exactly is so special about Matt Mills anyway that you'd waste your time complaining that he wasn't signed? He's not PL caliber. He's not an up and coming player. He played last season on a defense that wasn't much better than our own. What is it you're so worried about losing out on?

Oh, and, how will you disguise your "Kit out!" thread tomorrow???
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Max Headroom

Glass half full. Complaining about nothing.....

News Flash

Other teams in Championship sign decent players......

dannydog

I'm not bothered about missing out on Mills if indeed we did, but with the uninspiring Symons in charge we will struggle to attract quality players.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: dannydog on May 24, 2015, 08:04:58 PM
I'm not bothered about missing out on Mills if indeed we did, but with the uninspiring Symons in charge we will struggle to attract quality players.

Players don't move to clubs just because of a manager, length of contract, wages, etc all comes into it aswell

Being a London club in a nice part of London also helps

Jem

Why would any decent player rush to join any club at the beginning of the window? Surely it would be better to wait and see what offers are made before making a decision.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx